Author Topic: A Cockroach Reemerges  (Read 445 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
A Cockroach Reemerges
« on: February 18, 2021, 08:28:21 AM »
Bowe Bergdahl is suing Trump and McCain in an attempt to overturn his charges, now that one of the people he hung out with at the White House back in the day is President.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/bowe-bergdahl-names-trump-mccain-as-defendants-in-lawsuit-challenging-court-martial
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
Re: A Cockroach Reemerges
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 08:51:03 AM »
Slight correction: He is suing the US government.  While the suit references comments made by Trump and McCain, they don't appear to be named defendants.

I wonder if the Justice Department will even defend the .gov in this case?  We know that had he named Trump, Trump fight to the bitter end.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 08:55:39 AM »
Slight correction: He is suing the US government.  While the suit references comments made by Trump and McCain, they don't appear to be named defendants.

I wonder if the Justice Department will even defend the .gov in this case?  We know that had he named Trump, Trump fight to the bitter end.

Yeah, sorry, my bad.

Are you thinking the gov will let him win, for wont of a better term?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 09:44:59 AM »
I'm thinking the Justice Department has discretion on what cases and how hard they fight, and they might not want the particulars of this case dragged back into the limelight.

If they basically "no contest" it, they can frame it as another "Orange Man Bad", his dishonorable discharge gets converted to a General discharge (I think) and the story disappears in a week or two.

Or we can argue about undue Command influence and drag the deserter's whole story back out in front of the country, and maybe look up what those 5 fine people Mr. Biden helped release have been up to since.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2021, 12:30:32 PM »
If we had a real military justice system he would not be here. But we try high profile military in the court of public opinion now. He deserted. He provided aid and comfort to the enemy. People died trying to save him. Easy case.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.