Author Topic: If you like Doritos, and you like...  (Read 1723 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
If you like Doritos, and you like...
« on: February 19, 2021, 10:17:24 AM »
pickle...

Well Doritos has a pickle flavored chip. They've apparently been available in the US, but only through Dollar General, for a year or more.

A few months ago I managed to snag a small bag at a Sheetz. It was the only bag there, I figure it was an errant bag that got mixed in.

Holy mother of God they were good.

Well, Doritos is apparently upping distribution.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: If you like Doritos, and you like...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 11:03:23 AM »
I'll have to give them a try.  I like salt and vinegar chips.

Doritos and many other snacks have a huge variety of flavors we don't get in the US.  If you want some, they are often available on Amazon and there are a few specialty stores that sell them.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 12:04:57 PM »
I game with a guy in Britain. One of the things we used to do was compare international brands flavors like Doritos and Pringles.

I THINK at the time we were doing that British Pringles had a curry flavor that he said wasn't bad. I don't see it on their list of flavors anymore. The one I wouldn't min trying is Prawn Cocktail... They've also got a grilled steak flavor.

There are also a bunch of different Doritos flavors, including grilled steak. Wow, the Brits must really love grilled steak.

They also have guacamole flavor... That flavor was out in the US about 20 or so years ago. Quite good.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 12:16:12 PM »
The jap obsession for KitKat can get me in trouble. At one point I had about six pounds in ten different flavors.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 12:53:46 PM »
There are some crazy ass Japanese flavors of just about everything.

Weirdest one I tied into, and very recently, was a Mexican candy. One of my coworkers is Mexican (grew up in the US) and loves Mexican candy so she brought some in.

Some of the hard candies were good... they had a fruit flavored outer shell with a chili filling. Actually kind of good.

The ones that almost made me throw up, though, were the little gummies. Tamarind flavor with a chili coating. They tasted like complete and total ass and it was absolutely unbelievable how salty they were.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 10:21:14 PM »
I think Lay's has dill pickle flavored potato chips.

My wife tried a sample of pickle-flavored jerky at a jerky store last Saturday. She said it was awful.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 10:42:04 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of potato chips, so I'm not crazy about the dill pickle potato chips.

I had dill pickle almonds the other week, and they were OK.

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2021, 05:26:46 AM »
It all sounds so appetizing.  I gotta watch it because of stress eating lately I've crept 5 lb over my "Watch it, Bustah!" weight.

One place I lived I, it was convenient to put the floor scale right next to the 'fridge and that worked well.  The way it is now I have to unlimber the scale from its vertical hiding place next to the 'fridge and lay it down and let it calibrate itself.

Jeeze, software developers, with all the artificial intelligence and facial recognition and so forth software, you'd think you'd be able to design a camera-like affair that you could mount on a wall or the door of the fridge to display and or speak out a fairly accurate weight for us weight watchers.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

It would have to be mounted a specific height above the fkloor so it could estimate your height.  I don't think you'd have to include legs in the estimation.. After all, you can gues at a person;'s weight even while the subject is sitting down.

Clothes weight? Well, that's controllable, and come to think of it when they weigh you at the Dr's office, it's usually only an estimation; I think they're looking at trends there, more than a precise number.  (Like when I take my temp with an infrared temperature sensor from Harbor Freight: forehead, ear, under chin:  93, 95, 92.  Not accurate, but I'm looking for upward excursions.)

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 06:14:27 AM by 230RN »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2021, 08:31:22 AM »
Yeah, none of this crap is diet friendly.

I've slowly gained back some of the weight I lost. I tried getting back into the swing of things last year, and started off well, but then the stress of the job situation and Covid kicked me in the scrote. I'm waiting for spring to give it another try. I know I can't do it in winter. I'm still, for the most part, watching what I eat and am trying to maintain a healthy eating regime, but with the schedule I have and this winter it's been hard to keep the motivation and to get the walking in that I need.

I'm still doing fairly well with the walking with Seren, but my distance has dropped some.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 10:55:22 AM »
Deep River has kettle-cooked zesty pickle chips that are downright dangerous.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2021, 07:01:32 PM »

Jeeze, software developers, with all the artificial intelligence and facial recognition and so forth software, you'd think you'd be able to design a camera-like affair that you could mount on a wall or the door of the fridge to display and or speak out a fairly accurate weight for us weight watchers.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

It would have to be mounted a specific height above the fkloor so it could estimate your height.  I don't think you'd have to include legs in the estimation.. After all, you can gues at a person;'s weight even while the subject is sitting down.

Clothes weight? Well, that's controllable, and come to think of it when they weigh you at the Dr's office, it's usually only an estimation; I think they're looking at trends there, more than a precise number.  (Like when I take my temp with an infrared temperature sensor from Harbor Freight: forehead, ear, under chin:  93, 95, 92°F with the IR detector I keep on my Command Couch.  Not accurate, but I'm looking for upward excursions.)

Apropos of those remarks, I got my first C-19 shot today at a new facility (that was where shots were avaialable) and I couldn't help noticing that their temperature-measuring system was similar to my daydream above for weight imaging.

Floor-mounted, it had a screen with the outline of head, shoulders, and upper torso which you scrooched around to fill with your own image, and it read out temperatures to the operator. At my regular site, they just used a hand-held IR reader touched to your temple just like I've been using myself.

Not to drift, but it is kind of in line with my wall/fridge mounted weight figurerer-outer imagined above.

Terry

« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 08:22:56 PM by 230RN »

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 10:40:39 PM »
If you live where they sell this, I'm super envious:

If you live where they sell this and you have not tried it, get moving!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 06:50:38 AM »
Not sure but I think Walmart carries Nalley products. That sounds... intriguing.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2021, 09:28:26 AM »
Not sure but I think Walmart carries Nalley products. That sounds... intriguing.

Not in Las Vegas, they don't. But, I have a recipe for making it myself that saves me when I have the crave.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2021, 10:11:41 AM »
Not in Las Vegas, they don't. But, I have a recipe for making it myself that saves me when I have the crave.
Care to share?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2021, 10:41:48 AM »
Yeah, looks like they're PacNW regional. I could have sworn I saw Nalley's products at my local Walmart here in Virginia. Guess I was mistaken.

And yes, please share your recipe.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2021, 03:16:14 PM »
Care to share?

Sure.

Allow 2 bricks of cream cheese to warm up a bit to make them a touch more pliable.
Whip them with a mixer.

Add about 8 finely diced baby dill pickles. (roughly 1/8 inch cubes) and about 6 to 8 tablespoons of dill juice from the pickle jar.

Chop and add about 6 to 8 stalks of fresh dill.

Fold it all together with a spatula or large spoon and enjoy!

Of course, you can vary the amounts on the pickles, juice, and fresh dill to taste.  Also, an expert tip: forget the ruffled chips.  Use plain, flat potato chips.  I know they're more difficult to dip with, but they have a much fresher taste. YMMV.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2021, 03:53:36 PM »
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 06:43:27 AM »
OK, I'm going to give that a try one of these days. Would have expected sour cream as the base.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 04:50:01 PM »
OK, I'm going to give that a try one of these days. Would have expected sour cream as the base.

Exactly!  A while back I attempted my own recipe for Dill Pickle Dip, and used sour cream.  It was okay, but not worth repeating.  I've also seen other recipes using sour cream, mayo, or Miracle Whip as an addition to the mix along with the cream cheese.  But for me, the mix I'm using is very close to what I remember Nalleys tasting like, plus it has the extra plus of being very simple and quick.  Of course my memory may be inaccurate.  I haven't had Nalley's since I left Ohio about 40 years ago.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2021, 07:11:26 PM »
Raising this from the dead due to an amazing discovery!

This stuff is what the kids these days call "da bomb"!

Found it at Walmart, in the deli area.  At least rivals, and possibly beats, the Nalley's.  Also found it at the local Winco.  I'm guessing it might actually be pretty common, but the stores are stocking it in an area that is a bit above the run-of-the-mill dips.

Try it!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2021, 07:38:38 PM »
Going to have to look for it at my local Wallyworld.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2021, 07:39:29 PM »
Oh, and despite looking regularly, I've never seen another bag of Dill Pickle Doritos.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2021, 08:59:48 PM »
Oh, and despite looking regularly, I've never seen another bag of Dill Pickle Doritos.

I'm not a big fan of Doritos, so I can't speak to their availability here.  I will endeavor to remember to check, just out of curiosity as to their availability.

(I'm not signing this so Terry won't know who has the Thesaurus.)
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
-P.F.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2021, 10:59:27 PM »
nevermind
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 01:58:26 AM by Perd Hapley »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife