Author Topic: Most Popular Pump Shotgun of 2020  (Read 2076 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Most Popular Pump Shotgun of 2020
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2021, 08:32:51 AM »
If you can handle the Shockwave and hit the target at across the home distances, then it will work.  It is pretty small and easy to conceal.  But I wonder how fast most people could shoot 3 or 4 rounds of buckshot out of the thing and hit a target at 15 yards. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2021, 08:38:17 AM »
Since were talking shottie, I’ve been interested in the Keltec variant as well as an AR style shotgun but haven’t committed to buying one yet.  Anyone have any intel on them?

Have had a KSG for awhile now. More after some coffee soaks in.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2021, 08:40:09 AM »
No, but I can tell you the Black Aces Bullpup I got in Nov as a President "get a shotgun" Biden purchase is all kinds of fun to ring steel with.

https://atlanticfirearms.com/products/black-aces-tactical-bullpup-shotgun-bronze-left-hand-BATBPBRLH-702706998574

Dammit. As a lefty, now I want one of these too. I watched a few video reviews. Seems like a very fun gun.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2021, 09:57:26 AM »
Have had a KSG for awhile now. More after some coffee soaks in.
More please.  One of those has been on my mind especially since I saw one for sale recently. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2021, 10:09:04 AM »
Damn it.  Can't figure out how to share a YouTube video using my phone.  Go to YouTube,  search Thunder Ranch and Shockwave.  Clint Smith did an interesting video on the Shockwave, which left me with the impression that it could be a valid fighting tool.  But I then thought a 20 gauge would likely be a far better choice of "caliber" for the platform.  Less recoil, but plenty of power.
MOSSBERG SHOCKWAVE OVERVIEW - Thunder Ranch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_sqSTg2v8
Are you thinking about this video? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGtM9YnMDIk
The Mossberg SHOCKWAVE - 12ga Buck vs Bird vs Slug - Jerry Miculek
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 10:21:11 AM by MechAg94 »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2021, 10:49:30 AM »
Watching Clint's video on proper technique, IMO, the main reason to have a shockwave is for portability / concealability. If I'm pushing the shotgun out in front of me as he demonstrates, that just seems awkward compared to just having a full stock I can push into my shoulder. Or just getting a folding stock tactical shotgun for portability.

I mean, yeah, you use a similar technique with AR pistols if their brace is folded, but there's a lot less recoil to contend with for follow up shots.

JMHO.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2021, 11:39:36 AM »
More please.  One of those has been on my mind especially since I saw one for sale recently.

Not really not much to say beyond it's a small very handy KSG pump action Dual tube 14 (7x 2.75 per tube) + 1 with a manual selector. You can have one load in one side and another load in the other.
You really have to hold one to see if they're for you.
Only real problem I've had is the occasional short stroke which are my fault. Racking it like you mean it takes care of that. Some may dislike the sight over bore height being a typical bullpup in that regard. Also some may dislike the fact that the closing rack is forward and close to the end of the barrel and worry that you hand may slip in front of the muzzle. This has happened twice that I know of of this happening and from what I've read both were user errors. One IIRC had a cheapo vertical grip that broke. Many install a hand stop for peace of mind.
Other than that it's a 12ga pump

The KSG7 is a single tube version of the KSG and instead of a rail it comes with a carry handle iron sight setup.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 01:19:39 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2021, 12:26:08 PM »
I used to hang out in a local gun store so often they had me man the counter when they made food runs. In a not great neighborhood too. But anyway their Mossberg PGOs were their most popular gun by far. Most of the clientele indicated which gun they wanted to see by referencing the film Training Day since they didn’t know how else to name the gun. To the point the staff just called the guns Denzels. Well, they had a range at another site and you got free passes with a gun purchase. They always tried to up sell a few boxes of the hardest hitting 3” slug they had, presumably to keep the range staff entertained.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2021, 04:14:53 PM »
MOSSBERG SHOCKWAVE OVERVIEW - Thunder Ranch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_sqSTg2v8
Are you thinking about this video? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGtM9YnMDIk
The Mossberg SHOCKWAVE - 12ga Buck vs Bird vs Slug - Jerry Miculek

That's the one.  Verified what we have been discussing.  It's a powerful weapon and could be effective...for someone willing to learn the gun.  Clint Smith obviously spent some time on that gun
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark