Author Topic: Naomi Wolf warns US becoming 'totalitarian state before our eyes' under Biden  (Read 958 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Ex-Clinton adviser Naomi Wolf warns US becoming 'totalitarian state before our eyes' under Biden
https://www.foxnews.com/media/naomi-wolf-tucker-clinton-adviser-biden-lockdowns

Wolf, who served as an adviser on Bill Clinton's reelection campaign in 1996, told host Tucker Carlson that in her view, the United States is swiftly "moving into a coup situation, a police state" as a result of Biden's ongoing coronavirus-related economic shutdowns. Wolf added that she believes the orders are being improperly extended under the "guise of a real medical pandemic."

I am seeing nothing here that I didn't already know.  Most of it was known before the election. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Naomi Wolf did not kill herself
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
Claire Wolfe time approaches
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
It's been going on, nibble by nibble, pinch by pinch, bite by bite, for a lot longer than that.

We old farts are the ones who have personally observed this Progression over the long run.  Mine eye were opened when everyone was screaming, "they can't do that, it's uncoinstitutional" back in 1968.

Terry, Esteemed Elder, 230RN

....Hey, I like that appellation, "Esteemed Elder"...  Beats "Crazy paranoid old nut."  =D

Andiron

• friend
It's been going on, nibble by nibble, pinch my pinch, bite by bite for a lot longer than that.

We old farts are the ones who have personally observed this Progression over the long run.  Mine eye were opened when everyone was screaming, "they can't do that, it's uncoinstitutional" back in 1968.

Terry, Esteemed Elder, 230RN
'
....Hey, I like that appellation, "Esteemed Elder"...  Beats "Crazy paranoid old nut."  =D

Well why didn't you guys do something about 68 or 86?*

Tongue firmly in cheek.  They boiled that frog expertly.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.

Well why didn't you guys do something about 68 or 86?*

Tongue firmly in cheek.  They boiled that frog expertly.

Why?  Why, you ask?

Because t's the same old crap.  In most cases, to arrive at the point where you can defend yourself "Constitutionally," you have to have broken the law in the first place. And look at the expense --unless you have a deep pockert mentor, fawgetaboudit.

In the second place, it is presumed that if a law gets through the legislative body and is OKed by the Chief Honcho, it is presumeted to be "Constitutional," because, after all, the folks involved have sworn an oath to protect and defend the Constitution.

But I suspect the reason for the upraised hand and the other hand on the Bible is so that people could see that they aren't crossing their fingers while taking the oath.

My feeling is they should have to take their shoes and socks off as well to be sure they aren't crossing their toes.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 09:11:41 AM by 230RN »

JTHunter

• friends
Ever since 9/11 happened 20 years ago, the "police state" has been growing exponentially.  Between Bush 2 and the Patriot Act, the loss of privacy that started years before 9/11, and increased computer (A.I.) developments (facial recognition), we are on a downhill slide that is gaining momentum every year.  =(
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
Yes, Tom Baker was the real Doctor.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

JTHunter

• friends
Yes, Tom Baker was the real Doctor.

He was an incredibly pleasant man the one time I saw him at a convention in the late 80s, considering the mayhem.  Of the original Doctors, he was also the most prolific (# of episodes) and had the longest run.  Even now, in his 80s, he still has that mischievous and infectious, toothy grin.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”