Author Topic: AARP benefits  (Read 468 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
AARP benefits
« on: February 26, 2021, 08:48:04 PM »
I was browsing Facebook and saw an ad for a flash sale for AARP membership: $45 for a 5 year membership for both of us.  You just know how those old people love a bargain, so I signed up. 

Are there any actual useful benefits to AARP membership? Any recommendations?  Are there guaranteed ammunition supplies?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Re: AARP benefits
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 08:54:00 PM »
I was browsing Facebook and saw an ad for a flash sale for AARP membership: $45 for a 5 year membership for both of us.  You just know how those old people love a bargain, so I signed up. 

Are there any actual useful benefits to AARP membership? Any recommendations?  Are there guaranteed ammunition supplies?

I am assuming this is tongue in cheek, since I am certain you know AARP is anti gun ownership.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 08:59:43 PM »
So probably no AARP discount at Cabela's then.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 09:02:07 PM »
AARP is not just anti-gun, they are pretty much anti-American with their support of many leftist causes.

This outfit, Association of Mature American Citizens, https://amac.us/, is pretty much the exact opposite in what they support.  I need to research them a bit more, see if they meet expectations.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.