Author Topic: Federal Spending Factoid  (Read 694 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Federal Spending Factoid
« on: February 25, 2021, 08:03:45 AM »
Just heard a soundbyte on Maria Bartiromo's show: Fed.gov is on track to spend more this year than the previous 200 years combined. That almost says more about this year compared to the last ten or so years of ridiculous debt.

There just doesn't seem to be any way to stop this train anymore. Everytime Rand Paul brings it up, both sides call him a crackpot, just like they did his father before him.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Federal Spending Factoid
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 10:21:34 AM »
And the voters overall don't seem to care.  You occasionally see it mentioned as a problem, but no one really cares to take it very far much less actually vote on it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 10:23:10 AM »
Just heard a soundbyte on Maria Bartiromo's show: Fed.gov is on track to spend more this year than the previous 200 years combined. That almost says more about this year compared to the last ten or so years of ridiculous debt.

There just doesn't seem to be any way to stop this train anymore. Everytime Rand Paul brings it up, both sides call him a crackpot, just like they did his father before him.

I've said this before; I think this is how they plan to steal boomers' retirement savings.  Outright theft would provoke some of us to start shooting.  So they are going to steal it through hyperinflation.  (banks will be protected, of course, depositors will be the ones who get screwed)
"It's good, though..."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 10:28:18 AM »
Something isn't right with that quote in the OP or not in proper context.

In 2020, the government spent $6.55 trillion

from https://datalab.usaspending.gov/americas-finance-guide/spending/#:~:text=In%20Fiscal%20Year%202020%2C%20federal,that%20year%20(%2421.00%20trillion).

President Trump’s budget for FY 2021 totals $4.829 trillion, eclipsing all other previous budgets.

https://www.thebalance.com/u-s-federal-budget-breakdown-3305789

The federal budget deficit is projected to be $2.3 trillion in fiscal 2021, the Congressional Budget Office said.
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/11/deficit-projected-at-2point3-trillion-for-2021-not-counting-additional-stimulus-cbo-says.html
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 10:46:53 AM »

No.  No, it's not.  I don't even have to integrate the curve in on this page to tell you that.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/government-spending#:~:text=Government%20Spending%20in%20the%20United%20States%20averaged%202090.91%20USD%20Billion,the%20first%20quarter%20of%201950.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 12:39:40 PM »
From my recording of the show:

"The national debt will swell to nearly $30 trillion if democrats push through the president's $1.9 trillion covid relief bill. Economists say that the package will grow the US budget deficit to $3.8 trillion in 2021 alone. That puts the government on track to spend more money in one year than the previous 200 years combined."

There was no banner or graphic to say where that came from.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 05:55:11 PM »
Just imagine the cursing and name-calling that will be heaped on this generation by those that follow when they find out what their tax burden will be because of how this generation overspent.  :O
It won't be pretty.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 06:02:04 PM »
Just imagine the cursing and name-calling that will be heaped on this generation by those that follow when they find out what their tax burden will be because of how this generation overspent.  :O
It won't be pretty.

Instead of OK Boomer, its going to be FU Boomer
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536