Author Topic: Alarming Biased Media  (Read 488 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Alarming Biased Media
« on: February 26, 2021, 09:30:08 AM »
While, when  I saw this headline, I expected it would be the normal screeching all about evil conservative domestic terrorists with nary a mention of the left, what really raised my eyebrow was:

Working with Deep Discovery, an artificial intelligence company, AP also helped build a classification algorithm that matched officials to accounts on the right-wing aligned Parler, a social media platform that recently returned after being taken offline for several weeks. AP reporters hand-verified each match using an archived Parler dataset. That archive of 183 million posts and 13 million user profiles, provided in advance of publication by New York University researcher Max Aliopoulios, was captured between August 2018 and Jan. 10, 2021, when Parler was taken offline.

AP also surveyed officials’ use of alternate social media sites such as Gab and Telegram, whose active users have soared in recent weeks since Twitter and Facebook barred people from posting extremist content and disinformation.

Why don't they just come out and say that they are actually 1950's Pravda? What are "unbiased journalists", not at some fringe news network, but the AP, doing  "helping" build "classification databases" of apparently just conservatives?

https://news.yahoo.com/local-gop-leaders-fire-conspiracies-050841663.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Alarming Biased Media
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 04:41:35 PM »
InRangeTV linked this video earlier. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqj2z3QaRyU&feature=youtu.be
Honest Government Ad | News Corp Bargaining Code

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Alarming Biased Media
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 06:16:27 PM »
McCarthy didn’t go far enough.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!