Author Topic: Help - Springfield Armory Government Scope Manual?  (Read 835 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Help - Springfield Armory Government Scope Manual?
« on: February 27, 2021, 09:23:35 AM »
With the ammo shortage, I'm breaking out my M1-A since I have a ton of battle packs for it. When I bought it, I got the Springfield deal on their Government scope, 7.62,  6x40.

I used the scope for a while back when I got the rifle (circa 1997), but haven't used it in forever and want to shoot the rifle/scope combo at the range a bit. Only I have forgotten how to use the range finding reticle, and I seem to have lost the scope box and manual when I moved.

Does anyone here have one of these, and or the manual? If so, I'd really appreciate it if you could post an image of the reticle portion of the manual, or maybe just remind me what the markers are. I tried searching, and the closest I got was a 15 year old post on Opticstalk where the guy posted images of the whole manual, but all the image links are broken.

Any help appreciated.

EDIT: This is the Gen1 scope. I found instructions for later models. I could just about figure it out if I knew for sure what the width of the horizontal ranging bracket is. I was thinking like 20" or something like that.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Re: Help - Springfield Armory Government Scope Manual?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 11:41:45 AM »
It's 18" on mine, the width of a man's shoulders.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Help - Springfield Armory Government Scope Manual?
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 12:51:59 PM »
It's 18" on mine, the width of a man's shoulders.

Thanks. Is that 18" at 100 yards?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."