Author Topic: China and their expanding naval presence.  (Read 739 times)

freakazoid

• friend
China and their expanding naval presence.
« on: February 27, 2021, 09:46:02 AM »
Didn't see this talked about. Pretty telling that this was revealed the day after the inauguration.
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/china-law-empowers-coast-guard-force-amid-disputes-75441898
China has authorized their Coast Guard to fire on vessels and structures within areas that they claim as theirs.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: China and their expanding naval presence.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 11:33:07 AM »
Put Hunter on it, he's good at negotiating with the Chinese
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 11:39:23 AM »
Didn't see this talked about. Pretty telling that this was revealed the day after the inauguration.
https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/china-law-empowers-coast-guard-force-amid-disputes-75441898
China has authorized their Coast Guard to fire on vessels and structures within areas that they claim as theirs.

I wish China's neighbors God Speed and good hunting.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 12:35:43 PM »
China's attempt to enforce territorial waters claims - claims which stretch almost to the beaches of several other nations - will no doubt be a source of problems for a long time to come.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 11:59:35 PM »
Isn't it amazing how many of those islands didn't even exist 20 years ago?  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 09:32:43 AM »
Isn't it amazing how many of those islands didn't even exist 20 years ago?  :rofl:
With global warming melting the ice caps, they won't exist again 20 years from now.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 10:22:46 AM »

Many of those islands were not manufactured by the Chinese, and they have no legitimate claim to them.  The Spratly Islands are an example.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 10:25:24 AM »
It is amazing how there may be abundant oil and gas reserves in these new lands claimed by the PRC.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 02:06:32 PM »
Many of those islands were not manufactured by the Chinese, and they have no legitimate claim to them.  The Spratly Islands are an example.

If they can take them, and hold them, they have a legitimate claim.  That's how Nation-States work.