Author Topic: Action Needed!  (Read 709 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Action Needed!
« on: February 28, 2021, 05:56:53 PM »
Action needed! Due to update on our new regulation compliant, every CaDMV customer must update their contact information. Update now at  http://nxnt.link/CADMV

...is the text message I just received. I suppose they are either guessing based on my phone number (I haven't gotten around to getting a new number with an Idaho area code), or the CA DMV had a data breach so these jokers could get my info.

Anyway, nice try I guess.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Action Needed!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 07:38:46 PM »
With cell phones now, do you have to change to a local area code?  My son who moved out of state several years ago still has his Colorado area code.

Unless, due to your past experiences with CA, you just want to get out from under their big fat thumb.

Once a Caifornian, always a Californian....?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 07:47:39 PM »
Action needed! Due to update on our new regulation compliant, every CaDMV customer must update their contact information. Update now at  http://nxnt.link/CADMV

...is the text message I just received. I suppose they are either guessing based on my phone number (I haven't gotten around to getting a new number with an Idaho area code), or the CA DMV had a data breach so these jokers could get my info.

Anyway, nice try I guess.  :laugh:

An https website, with a cert from Let's Encrypt. 

Domain Name: realidcalifornia.com
Registry Domain ID: 2594381878_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namesilo.com
Registrar URL: https://www.namesilo.com/
Updated Date: 2021-02-28T07:00:00Z
Creation Date: 2021-02-27T07:00:00Z

Hey, looks legit to me!

I dunno, maybe State of Kali IT is just inept.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 08:08:10 PM »
Unless, due to your past experiences with CA, you just want to get out from under their big fat thumb.

Don't want to be associated with CA anymore, want to be associated with ID. Then again, I'm also lazy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2021, 09:01:06 AM »
Don't want to be associated with CA anymore, want to be associated with ID. Then again, I'm also lazy.

You can probably change your cell phone number online.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 09:09:50 AM »
You can probably change your cell phone number online.

Well, what I wanted to do is use the Verizon multiple number thing and keep the old number long enough to make sure anyone I care about has the new number, or even keep it permanently as my throwaway number (I realize I can do that with Google voice, and currently have an ID Voice number, but I'm slowly severing my relationship with those commies).

My plan was to switch to an Idaho number as the "physical number" on the phone and swap the CA number to virtual, but for some stupid reason Verizon won't let you do that.  I can get a virtual ID number, or a new SIM with an ID number, but they won't let me make the physical CA number virtual. I don't know if that's a technical or policy thing.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 07:30:52 PM »
I had a similar issue with AT&T many years ago. While they couldn’t do it within their system, they certainly could transfer it to another provider and let the other provider do it.