Main Forums > Politics

It's Dr Seuss's turn

(1/8) > >>

bedlamite:
Apparently some sneetches need to learn a lesson about the star on their bellies.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/books/2021/03/02/dr-seuss-books-racist-imagery-stop-being-published/6883105002/

dogmush:
New copies have already been scrubbed from Amazon.

Entertainingly to me, that USA Today article has a sample of 10 Seuss political cartoons with the "racial imagery or overtones" and it all seems to be for equality and early globalisim, the kind of things the leftists should support.

griz:
I'm to the point now where I just assume everything is racist unless a sufficiently woke person explains why it isn't.

Ben:
What's sad is that it isn't even someone like Amazon refusing to carry them (something I have been ranting about), but actually Dr Suess Enterprises stopping their publication. If they aren't even published, people don't have the opportunity to make up their own minds on the books. Dr Suess must be spinning regarding the entity that was created to preserve his legacy being the one who folded on the cancel culture.

WLJ:
IIRC they started attacking Theodor Seuss Geisel aka Dr. Seuss back in the 90s over this stuff. Guess it flared back up again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version