Author Topic: "Amazon is literally Hitler"  (Read 1004 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Amazon is literally Hitler"
« on: March 02, 2021, 11:27:29 AM »
I see racist symbols everywhere now showing on Amazon Prime

The e-commerce giant introduced the new icon in January to replace the symbol of a shopping cart with one featuring a brown box with a jagged piece of blue tape above the company’s iconic smile-shaped arrow.

But sharp-eyed users noticed the tape disturbingly recalled the Führer’s toothbrush mustache.

“It’s not just a ripped scotch tape, it’s a ripped scotch tape that has a similar shape and is right on top of a smiling mouth. Looks like a happy little cardboard Adolf to me,” one person said on Twitter.

“Amazon’s new app logo be lookin like they’re the THIRD most downloaded in the ‘Reich’ section,” another said, referring to the Nazi regime.

Amazon tweaks app icon after comparisons made to Hitler
https://nypost.com/2021/03/02/amazon-tweaks-app-icon-after-comparisons-made-to-hitler/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

Busted: Amazon quietly fixes their app logo after getting called out for blatant Adolf Hitler imagery [pics]
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/03/02/busted-amazon-quietly-fixes-their-app-logo-after-getting-called-out-for-blatant-adolf-hitler-imagery-pics/

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: "Amazon is literally Hitler"
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 11:37:51 AM »
"blatant"

A piece of blue tape on a cardboard box is blatant Hitler imagery.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 11:51:20 AM »
Well, the partnership between the state and corporations in controlling the economy and populace is a major facet of fascism. Whether the symbolism is on purpose or not who knows?

I've also heard the arrow swish described as a big pecker on the side of the delivery trucks.

People see things that aren't there or maybe are they are there on purpose, once again, who knows?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2021, 12:03:05 PM »
Always Hitler, never Charlie Chaplin.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2021, 12:03:31 PM »
Well, the partnership between the state and corporations in controlling the economy and populace is a major facet of fascism. Whether the symbolism is on purpose or not who knows?

I've also heard the arrow swish described as a big pecker on the side of the delivery trucks.

"..cannot be unseen"

Thanks a lot.

:rofl: :rofl: )
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2021, 12:10:14 PM »
"..cannot be unseen"

Thanks a lot.

:rofl: :rofl: )

Welcome to the party, that's what I though it was first time I saw it. Kept asking myself how did they get away with that?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 01:33:13 PM »
I sort of thought the Amazon arrow was the image of Peyronie's disease. :P
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 11:51:17 PM »
Always Hitler, never Charlie Chaplin.

Or Oliver Norville Hardy. :facepalm:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 03:49:43 PM »
"blatant"
A piece of blue tape on a cardboard box is blatant Hitler imagery.  ;/
Did you discover the same thing I did?
I thought it was absurd that someone would call it blatant. I mean, even calling it subtle would be quite a stretch, but what halfwit thinks that's blatant?
After reading the article and the linked twitter threads, I didn't find anyone who actually called it that (besides twitchy). Gotta spice up that headline I guess.  :mad:
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 03:59:58 PM »
Twitchy has gotten ridiculous with their pearl clutching headlines.  It's part of the role swapping between the conservatives and liberal internet that happened this winter. 

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 04:19:04 PM »
Twitchy has gotten ridiculous with their pearl clutching headlines.  It's part of the role swapping between the conservatives and liberal internet that happened this winter.

Twitchy is really embracing the clickbait as of late.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.