Author Topic: Well, I’m shocked it wasn’t California first...  (Read 2494 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
The idiots in Portland apparently believe food, medicine, and other necessary goods arrive by fairy magic instead of trucks because they just introduced a bill to ban the sale of diesel statewide by 2028. They also don’t understand that an electric fire truck or ambulance is not a good idea either,

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2021R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB3305/Introduced
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Well, I’m shocked it wasn’t California first...
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2021, 06:54:47 PM »
Well, that should have Eastern Oregon rioting. I think at least 50% of the pickups I see there are diesel. Not to mention all the regular commercial vehicles. Also, what are D10s gonna run on?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2021, 07:09:32 PM »
Well, that should have Eastern Oregon rioting. I think at least 50% of the pickups I see there are diesel. Not to mention all the regular commercial vehicles. Also, what are D10s gonna run on?

Hopes dreams and unicorn farts apparently.

Oh and if you read it you can’t use diesel heavy equipment on public works type jobs. There are a few smaller equipment pieces that now come in electric (couple of backhoes and a mini ex) but pavers, graders, articulated dumps, dozers, and real excavators it’s just not possible for them to be electric, when you take a machine that burns 160 gallons of fuel in a single shift the battery required for that is insane.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 07:13:06 PM »
How much biodiesel does Oregon have? And what does it cost?  That seems to be what they want to use.

In any case, I sincerely hope it passes.

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 07:22:08 PM »
How much biodiesel does Oregon have? And what does it cost?  That seems to be what they want to use.

Tier 4 doesn’t tolerate pure biodiesel...

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 10:21:45 PM »

+1

I'm looking forward to seeing the "WTF happened?" faces of those who voted for/wanted this type of legislation.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2021, 10:24:54 PM »
I can't get out of here fast enough.  And gas is now ~$3.10 local.  Every day I watch my cost of moving increase.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2021, 10:31:47 PM »
+1

I'm looking forward to seeing the "WTF happened?" faces of those who voted for/wanted this type of legislation.

The solution as it always is with the left will be blame the right then enact more of this type of legislation followed by a victory dance
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

PEfarmer

• friends
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2021, 01:32:34 PM »
Unfortunately, the California jokes are pretty much dead.  The reality is that Oregon has bypassed CA as the epicenter of political stupidity in our country.  This is what happens when you export conservatives in droves and import leftists at a rate of 95% or worse.  And believe it or not, most of the worst of our imports came from the midwest rather than CA.  My family has been farming in Oregon for 5 generations counting mine, and it's approaching a point that I'm willing to give up that legacy to GTFO of here before it becomes completely untenable.  My wife asks me daily when we're moving to Idaho.  It literally makes me sick to my stomach to consider how we went from a slightly odd, but generally conservative state to the worst state in the country in a generation and a half.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2021, 01:34:53 PM »
My wife asks me daily when we're moving to Idaho.  It literally makes me sick to my stomach to consider how we went from a slightly odd, but generally conservative state to the worst state in the country in a generation and a half.

Idaho welcomes you, whether you move here or become part of our state. Which might actually become a thing if they keep going off the deep end like this.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2021, 01:40:16 PM »
Also, here's a question: Do they say anything regarding marine fuel exemptions? I'm not sure all those foreign flagged ships delivering goods to the Port of Portland are going to be jumping on any alternative fuel stuff that Oregon pushes.

PEfarmer

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2021, 01:53:53 PM »
I'm not sure it addresses marine fuel.  It does exempt off-road use ag diesel, which is helpful, but what about the trucks to get products to market?  I know we all joke about unicorn farts, but these 2 digit iq morons must actually believe that because they legislate something, physics, chemistry, and economics will gladly fall in line.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2021, 02:24:29 PM »
The proposed law appears to prohibit the sale of petro diesel to "consumers." Conspicuously, although a number of terms are defined in the bill, "consumer" is not. Dollars to donuts the legislative intent is ordinary citizens and that commercial trucks and heavy machinery will be found to be exempt.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 05:00:13 PM »
Does the proposed legislation outlaw heating oil?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2021, 07:38:14 AM »
aka the Holodomor Bill.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2021, 07:55:52 AM »
Good word.  Might come in handy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2021, 09:43:09 PM »
Communism kills.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams