Main Forums > Politics

Well, I’m shocked it wasn’t California first...

(1/4) > >>

Boomhauer:
The idiots in Portland apparently believe food, medicine, and other necessary goods arrive by fairy magic instead of trucks because they just introduced a bill to ban the sale of diesel statewide by 2028. They also don’t understand that an electric fire truck or ambulance is not a good idea either,

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2021R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/HB3305/Introduced

Ben:
Well, that should have Eastern Oregon rioting. I think at least 50% of the pickups I see there are diesel. Not to mention all the regular commercial vehicles. Also, what are D10s gonna run on?

Boomhauer:

--- Quote from: Ben on March 04, 2021, 06:54:47 PM ---Well, that should have Eastern Oregon rioting. I think at least 50% of the pickups I see there are diesel. Not to mention all the regular commercial vehicles. Also, what are D10s gonna run on?

--- End quote ---

Hopes dreams and unicorn farts apparently.

Oh and if you read it you can’t use diesel heavy equipment on public works type jobs. There are a few smaller equipment pieces that now come in electric (couple of backhoes and a mini ex) but pavers, graders, articulated dumps, dozers, and real excavators it’s just not possible for them to be electric, when you take a machine that burns 160 gallons of fuel in a single shift the battery required for that is insane.

dogmush:
How much biodiesel does Oregon have? And what does it cost?  That seems to be what they want to use.

In any case, I sincerely hope it passes.

Boomhauer:

--- Quote from: dogmush on March 04, 2021, 07:13:06 PM ---How much biodiesel does Oregon have? And what does it cost?  That seems to be what they want to use.

In any case, I sincerely hope it passes.

--- End quote ---

Tier 4 doesn’t tolerate pure biodiesel...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version