Main Forums > The Roundtable

Robots are coming for your white collar jobs

(1/8) > >>

MillCreek:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/06/business/the-robots-are-coming-for-phil-in-accounting.html

We are seeing this in healthcare in terms of computer-aided diagnosis and surgical robots, and in law with certain legal transactions and boilerplate legal documents.

T.O.M.:
I recently attended a seminar where a woman presented information regarding the use of computers and artificial intelligence in the legal field.  She cited to a study that demonstrated a computer with the right software is legally correct more often than judges and magistrates when analyzing a scenario.  She also stated the computers are free from racial/gender/sexual bias that taints human judicial officers.  She predicted that in the next 10 years, most courts will consist of a judge and "information officers" who will gather the information and input that information to the computer.  A short time later, the determinations will be spit out.  She suggested that the tech is already available that would allow traffic offenses, many criminal matters, and some civil issues to be handled by computer,  and indicated several companies are developing kiosks courts could install which would handle many traffic and low level misdemeanor offenses right in the lobby.  She suggested that in her lifetime, the number of judges would be reduced by half, magistrates would no longer exist, and the legal profession would have at least 50% fewer lawyers.

Fly320s:
Get the software to automatically deny frivolous lawsuits and smack the filer in the head and the system will be perfect.

grampster:
My surgeon used the DaVinci robot to remove my cancerous prostate University of Michigan Hospital in July of 2005.  I was able to leave the hospital the morning after the surgery, but I decided to stay 1 extra day as the hospital has a hotel in the same building.  I was pretty much back to normal in a couple weeks, though I did milk it for 6 weeks as I was still working and had the sick time accumulated and was gonna retire the following March.  The robot is much more precise with the doc operating it, than the doc's hands.  I don't have any problems with urine leaking as many do.   

The old typical surgery usually required a 6 day hospital stay and a legitimate 6 weeks recovery.

Ben:

--- Quote from: Fly320s on March 06, 2021, 12:19:52 PM ---Get the software to automatically deny frivolous lawsuits and smack the filer in the head and the system will be perfect.

--- End quote ---

:rofl:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version