Author Topic: Another example of why people don't trust the justice system anymore.  (Read 2280 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Case dismissed and he doesn't qualify to be involuntarily hospitalized for mental health treatment  :facepalm:
Give him less then a week before he does it again.

Louisville man accused of raping 8-year-old will have case dismissed, won't stand trial
https://www.wdrb.com/news/louisville-man-accused-of-raping-8-year-old-will-have-case-dismissed-wont-stand-trial/article_2ceeb494-82ae-11eb-b272-ebfc02179cdf.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Another example of why people don't trust the justice system anymore.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 05:31:17 PM »
Time for the community to do what the legal system wont and put him down before he does it to one of your kids!
From the comments.   

IMO, if he does not meet the standards for involuntary confinement, he should stand trial.  There should be no grey area.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 05:41:49 PM »
Weird anecdote about jury duty. 

My friend's daughter turned 18 recently.  Three days after her 18th birthday, she received a jury summons for a grand jury.  She is still in high school, yet the court would not dismiss her. 

I've received exactly one jury summons in my life and I was in college at the time and was exempt from serving.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 07:02:22 PM »
Sounds like some bad laws to me.  Here in Ohio, if a person is adjudicated incompetent to stand trial, that person is ordered to participate in a competency attainment program.  The degree of confinement is based upon the person's risk to society.  And yes, the current allegations are a part of that determination. 

We are facing a situation at work right now where law enforcement is complaining about juveniles not being detained for some fairly serious offenses, putting the blame right on our shoulders for sending them back into the community.  What gets ignored by the press in all of this is laws that have been passed over the course of the last decade which have greatly eroded the juvenile system.  Laws have been passed which make it illegal to put a kid in restraints in the courtroom (it hurts their feelings), reduced the ability of courts to sentence juvenile offenders to lock up for lower level felony offenses and most misdemeanors (90 days is now the maximum for a misdemeanor offense),and eliminating two state level detention centers and the only one for female offenders.  At the same time, the Department of Youth Services is evaluating courts and cutting state funding for courts that put too many kids in lock up.  My old court was looking at a $100,000+ cut for putting too many felons into lock up.  Irony is that this will result in the loss of two probation officers, reducing the ability to supervise kids in the community, which will likely result in increased juvenile crime and the concurrent need for more either community supervision or lock up.  Yet, it's not the legislature or state offices (the governor) that gets the blame.  It's the courts who take the blame and who are stuck following bad laws.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 07:39:15 AM »
Sounds like some bad laws to me.

They're trying to get a bill through right now to close the loophole.

Hope still alive for Kentucky bill that would close 'disastrous' loophole
https://www.wdrb.com/news/hope-still-alive-for-kentucky-bill-that-would-close-disastrous-loophole/article_9d623256-83ac-11eb-847a-9fd8d52aef92.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 12:57:20 PM »
Had it been my child he wouldn’t last long after release.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 02:47:28 PM »
Weird anecdote about jury duty. 

My friend's daughter turned 18 recently.  Three days after her 18th birthday, she received a jury summons for a grand jury.  She is still in high school, yet the court would not dismiss her. 

WTF?!

Coincidently, I'm scheduled for jury duty next week. Not nearly so bad now that the county has gone to online check in. I don't mind serving if it's needed and warranted, but having to drive downtown, find parking, walk a block, jockey for a seat, spend twenty minutes listening to some self-important jerk drone on about the privilege of serving, spend a couple of hours waiting to see if I'm called, and then be reimbursed the princely sum of ten bucks for my troubles is not high on my list of priorities.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 03:17:22 PM »
The issue of jury duty is yet another example of bad laws.  Due to the need for jurors, legislators changed the laws and eliminated most of the statutory excuses from jury duty.  There used to be automatic excuses for practicing attorneys, doctors and nurses, students, and some others where it was obvious that service could be a hardship on the community, etc.  Most of those were eliminated.  That's why two years ago, I had to report for jury duty while serving as a magistrate, only to be kicked out of each juror pool for various reasons (knowledge of the case, the parties, etc.).  Judges often use their authority to grant excuses on a case by case basis.. but that is now getting restricted because of concerns judges were abusing the authority to get rid of jurors based on favoritism,  or race/gender issues.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

castle key

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2021, 03:32:36 PM »
Google Gary Plauche killing to see what happens when the justice system fails.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2021, 05:43:08 PM »
Got a jury summons a couple weeks ago.  Potential term starts in 2.5 weeks.  At least the 3rd, possibly 4th in the almost 11 years I’ve lived here. Only actually had to go in once though and got excused from the service.  Hopefully I won’t have to go in.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2021, 05:48:41 PM »
Yep.  People let the system handle it with the expectation the system will handle it.  If that faith in the system goes away, look out.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2021, 07:42:12 PM »

From what I gather child molesters are not looked on favorably in prison.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 08:21:39 PM »
From what I gather child molesters are not looked on favorably in prison.

Doesn't really matter if he never gets sent there though, does it?

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2021, 10:21:00 PM »
Doesn't really matter if he never gets sent there though, does it?

I’d be ok sitting out my last years behind bars knowing my child’s molester was forever removed from this earth by my hand.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2021, 10:46:33 PM »
I’d be ok sitting out my last years behind bars knowing my child’s molester was forever removed from this earth by my hand.

Talking about the child rapist walking.  Doesn't matter one whit what the other inmates think if the judge let's him go.

As to Gary killing his child's rapist?  Acquittal.  Cue up the meme of "kick his ass, Gary!" and tweak it to "blow his head off, Gary!"  But like that's just my opinion man.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2021, 11:03:53 PM »
Talking about the child rapist walking.  Doesn't matter one whit what the other inmates think if the judge let's him go.

As to Gary killing his child's rapist?  Acquittal.  Cue up the meme of "kick his ass, Gary!" and tweak it to "blow his head off, Gary!"  But like that's just my opinion man.

I'm of the same opinion,  but I've expanded my criteria.  Tampering with an election gets you a seat at the chomo bench, along with the judges that turn em loose.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2021, 11:17:40 PM »
Yep.  People let the system handle it with the expectation the system will handle it.  If that faith in the system goes away, look out.

Even the Bible says that. Ecclesiastes 8:11

King James: Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Revised Standard Version: Because sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the heart of the sons of men is fully set to do evil.

New Revised Standard Version: Because sentence against an evil deed is not executed speedily, the human heart is fully set to do evil.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2021, 01:08:20 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/jeffrey-epstein-pedophiles-prison-hell
“Chomo” is prison slang for a child molester and, inmates and officers often claim, they are at the absolute bottom of the implied prison hierarchy.

“Chomos are definitely bottom, then snitches are targeted after them. Drug dealers, white-collar, common folk,” the former inmate said. “Bureau of Prisons (BOP) talks a good game, but you won’t ever provide a safe haven for a chomo in custody.”

Didn't know there was a slang name for them.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2021, 02:12:12 PM »
What the hell is wrong with our country that these people are still allowed to draw air?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2021, 02:52:59 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/jeffrey-epstein-pedophiles-prison-hell
Didn't know there was a slang name for them.

When I mention our illustrious president and his VP on fecesbook I refer to them as "Chomo Joe and the Cali Ho".
I was using "Pedo Joe" but for some reason that kept getting flagged by fecesbook as "bullying"
???
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2021, 04:25:13 PM »
Other than dating Willie Brown, what has Kamala done that makes her a ho? 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 04:58:10 PM »
Other than dating Willie Brown, what has Kamala done that makes her a ho?

Exchanging sexual favors for promotions and positions of power.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 05:14:19 PM »
"Heels up Harris" is one of her nicknames, I remember hearing it long before she ran for pres. Could be BS who knows
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2021, 04:52:33 PM »
How about another

As Twitchy reported last week, two teen girls in Washington, D.C. were arrested and charged with carjacking and murder after they sped off with the Uber Eats driver, Mohammad Anwar, hanging from the drivers’ side door. His body lay on the sidewalk while one of the girls, ages 13 and 15, told the National Guard that her cell phone was still in the car they’d crashed.

The Daily Mail is reporting that the two teens have reached quite a plea deal:

On Monday, the teens reportedly reached the plea deal with prosecutors that would ensure they will not be held past the age of 21 nor be placed in a prison facility.

Last week, the teens appeared via video in DC Superior Court as their lawyer and prosecutor, Bonnie Lindemann, discussed the case with Judge Lynn Leibovitz.

According to The Washington Post, Lindemann gave no indication that her office would try to transfer the older teen’s case to adult court. Under DC law, the 13-year-old could not be prosecuted as an adult due to her age.
Two teens charged with carjacking and murdering Uber Eats driver reach a pretty sweet plea deal
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/05/two-teens-charged-with-carjacking-and-murdering-uber-eats-driver-reach-a-pretty-sweet-plea-deal/
- Calvin and Hobbes