Author Topic: US Domestic Oil Production/Consumption  (Read 712 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
US Domestic Oil Production/Consumption
« on: March 12, 2021, 10:45:18 AM »
I happened across EIA's page about oil production, usage and importation.  I thought this graph was of interest:

This data only goes to 2019, but at that time, the US was almost oil independent, with only 3% net imports.  It appears domestic production really started to take off in 2008.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: US Domestic Oil Production/Consumption
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 10:47:25 AM »
Probably the widespread implementation of fracking technology.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 10:49:08 AM »
HEY!  YOU CAN'T DRILL YOUR WAY TO LOWER GAS PRICES!

And now that we proved the Blessed and Glorious Savior of all Wokeness how wrong he was about that, Sniffy Joe is making it his mission to punish us for our blasphemy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 10:49:28 AM »
Note when imports started to drop sharply, during the Bush Jr. Admin. You know, the guy who invaded Iraq only for the oil
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 06:41:18 PM »

And now that we proved the Blessed and Glorious Savior of all Wokeness how wrong he was about that, Sniffy Joe is making it his mission to punish us for our blasphemy.

"Sniffy Joe."   :rofl: :rofl:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 08:21:37 PM »

Yeah, he has already shown just what he thinks of his "union supporters" when he cancelled the Keystone pipeline.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 02:16:03 AM »
Yeah, he has already shown just what he thinks of his "union supporters" when he cancelled the Keystone pipeline.

Just like the coal miner union and Obama.  Imbeciles.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 08:19:56 AM »
Note when imports started to drop sharply, during the Bush Jr. Admin. You know, the guy who invaded Iraq only for the oil

Yep, but I still have a couple of "friends" who can only screech "IRAQ WAS ABOUT GETTING THEIR OIL!!!" like they're retarded parrots. Show them these charts and it's... well... it's just a waste of time.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2021, 03:12:33 PM »
Yep, but I still have a couple of "friends" who can only screech "IRAQ WAS ABOUT GETTING THEIR OIL!!!" like they're retarded parrots. Show them these charts and it's... well... it's just a waste of time.

This is why universal suffrage is such an abysmal failure.