Author Topic: So, the Washington Post has published a series of editorials...  (Read 1278 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
So, the Washington Post has published a series of editorials...
« on: October 21, 2021, 10:29:43 AM »
castigating America for complaining about numerous issues and telling us that we should...

lower our expectations.

Yep, we Americans should LOWER our expectations. Because having the most robust economy in the world is, I guess, privilege.

The one columnist even said outright that Americans are spoiled.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-opinion-section-campaign-biden-issues-us

I swear to God I'm having deja *expletive deleted*ing vu here...

I close my eyes and it's summer 1979 and Jimmy Carter just gave his "Crisis of Confidence Speech" (more famously known as the malaise speech).

It's absolutely rich how the Post and their apologists are starting to circle the wagons around Joe in growing expectation of a mid-term disaster next year.

[popcorn]
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: So, the Washington Post has published a series of editorials...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 10:34:43 AM »
Raise your expectations during Trump!

Lower your expectations during Biden! How dare you expect 46 to provide you with luxuries?!? Bread and water is the baseline. Anyone expecting more, or complaining that they don't have what they had under the last guy, is just a greedy capitalist that doesn't care about the state. Sacrifice for father government! It's the least a comrade can do!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 10:47:48 AM »
And CNBC just dropped the results of their survey....

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/21/bidens-support-fading-fast-as-cnbc-survey-finds-concerns-on-the-economy-covid-and-inflation.html

52% disapprove of Sniffy Joe's performance?

Why, they're just hater racists Trumpies!

I can't wait to see what his numbers are going to be come later this year as gasoline, heating oil, and propane continue to skyrocket and inflation is moving into "runaway train" territory.

Maybe he out to have Barak come out of retirement to tell us, once again, that we simply can't drill our way to lower gasoline prices. That should set everyone's mind at ease.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2021, 11:20:48 AM »
Woke up to this

A new report from the U.S. Energy Information Administration estimates most Americans heating their homes with natural gas could pay 30-50% more this winter.
Natural gas shortages to cause LG&E rate hike
https://www.wave3.com/2021/10/21/natural-gas-shortages-cause-lge-rate-hike/

Jimmy Carter all over again

Let's go Brandon
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2021, 11:43:59 AM »
And CNBC just dropped the results of their survey....  <snip>   . . . I can't wait to see what his numbers are going to be come later this year as gasoline, heating oil, and propane continue to skyrocket and inflation is moving into "runaway train" territory . . .
I can't wait to see what his numbers are in a poll that DOESN'T come from a segment of the DNC's propaganda wing . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2021, 12:11:21 PM »
I heat with oil, and I'm on a budget program. Last winter my monthly budget payment was $500. This winter it's $999.

That hurts.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 12:15:09 PM »
I am so glad that I'm no longer having to cover my Mother's oil heating bill on her Victorian. It was crushing.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 12:29:18 PM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/21/bidens-support-fading-fast-as-cnbc-survey-finds-concerns-on-the-economy-covid-and-inflation.html

I can't wait to see what his numbers are going to be come later this year as gasoline, heating oil, and propane continue to skyrocket and inflation is moving into "runaway train" territory.

Maybe he out to have Barak come out of retirement to tell us, once again, that we simply can't drill our way to lower gasoline prices. That should set everyone's mind at ease.
And you have to know they massaged that poll as much as they could to make it look better.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 12:31:13 PM »
And it just popped across the wires (looking for a link, I read it on my phone) that the Democrats in Virginia are starting to sound the panic alarms about the Governor's race.

Apparently by this time they expected to be about 8,000 points ahead of the Republican because he's he's a horrible Trumpy McTrumper and is thus an evil racist!

As of today, though, it's a dead heat.

This morning on the way to work I did hear a commercial by Obama touting the qualifications and past gubernatorial performance of Terry McAuliffe. I was laughing too hard at the laundry list of alleged successes by Terry the Social Communist to hear whether we also got a dire warning if Hitlerian doom were Younkin, the Republican, elected. I'm sure it was there, though.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2021, 04:39:05 PM »
Isn't running against the rightful governor a form of insurrection?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2021, 06:20:28 PM »
I swear, if there was a good Republican candidate (not Trump...too much baggage), it looks like it would be an easy stroll into the White House in 2024.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2021, 07:29:42 PM »
Business Insider continues the blaming of Joe and Josephine Citizen.

It's our fault that we're buying stuff. Of course during early covid it was our fault for staying home and not buying stuff.

https://www.businessinsider.com/consumers-shipping-expectations-helped-cause-everything-shortage-supply-chain-experts-2021-10
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 07:33:12 PM »
I swear, if there was a good Republican candidate (not Trump...too much baggage), it looks like it would be an easy stroll into the White House in 2024.

The Dem spin machine and their MSM messengers will make sure whoever runs that is not a Dem has lots and lots of baggage.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 07:36:17 PM »
I heat with oil, and I'm on a budget program. Last winter my monthly budget payment was $500. This winter it's $999.

That hurts.

What’s your price per gallon?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2021, 08:01:09 PM »
The Dem spin machine and their MSM messengers will make sure whoever runs that is not a Dem has lots and lots of baggage.

They have been trying to destroy DeSantis for years because he is in the list.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 08:06:38 PM »
Business Insider continues the blaming of Joe and Josephine Citizen.

It's our fault that we're buying stuff. Of course during early covid it was our fault for staying home and not buying stuff.

https://www.businessinsider.com/consumers-shipping-expectations-helped-cause-everything-shortage-supply-chain-experts-2021-10

We can't buy stuff we can't buy. There are food items (both brand name and store brand) that I have bought regularly for the past 50 years which have not been seen in my local supermarket OR in the super Walmart for at least two or three months. I can't be certain, but I really don't think that's because people are suddenly hording LeSeuer brand canned peas (as just one example).
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 08:13:20 PM »
castigating America for complaining about numerous issues and telling us that we should...

lower our expectations.

Yep, we Americans should LOWER our expectations. Because having the most robust economy in the world is, I guess, privilege.

The one columnist even said outright that Americans are spoiled.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-opinion-section-campaign-biden-issues-us

I swear to God I'm having deja *expletive deleted*ing vu here...

I close my eyes and it's summer 1979 and Jimmy Carter just gave his "Crisis of Confidence Speech" (more famously known as the malaise speech).

It's absolutely rich how the Post and their apologists are starting to circle the wagons around Joe in growing expectation of a mid-term disaster next year.

[popcorn]

There is a good reason I call Biden “Jimmy Carter’s Second Term”

And it sure as hell looks like I’m going to get to experience a lot of what he did at my age.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 08:34:05 PM »
This is the sequel to Obama's attitude that we must accept America's best days are in the past, and that there's no "magic wand" to bring back the jobs.

Funny thing about the jobs, though. Aside from the wand Trump waved just by getting elected in 2016, turns out there's another wand called covid craziness. I've never seen so many help wanted signs.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2021, 01:27:11 PM »
They have been trying to destroy DeSantis for years because he is in the list.

Well he is Donald Trump

New conspiracy theory alleges Ron DeSantis is mimicking Donald Trump’s speech and mannerisms
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/10/23/new-conspiracy-theory-alleges-ron-desantis-is-mimicking-donald-trumps-speech-and-mannerisms/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2021, 02:57:15 PM »
Well he is Donald Trump

New conspiracy theory alleges Ron DeSantis is mimicking Donald Trump’s speech and mannerisms
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/10/23/new-conspiracy-theory-alleges-ron-desantis-is-mimicking-donald-trumps-speech-and-mannerisms/

I don't know that there's anything conspiratorial about a politician trying to copy some of what worked for another politician.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2021, 12:21:15 AM »

"52% disapproval"?  Wasn't there a poll, possibly Gallup, the other day that found "Plugs" approval rating had dropped to only 37% ? 
Even if you allow a "5% undecided", that means his disapproval has fallen to 58+%.
 >:D And midterms are coming !!
  >:D  [popcorn]  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2021, 09:28:16 AM »
"52% disapproval"?  Wasn't there a poll, possibly Gallup, the other day that found "Plugs" approval rating had dropped to only 37% ? 
Even if you allow a "5% undecided", that means his disapproval has fallen to 58+%.
 >:D And midterms are coming !!
  >:D  [popcorn]  :rofl:
I think it is safe to assume they tried like hell to make the numbers look as good as they could and still only got to 52%.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge