Author Topic: The Border  (Read 6336 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: The Border
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2021, 11:35:36 PM »

Photo looks like something from Jim Jones. Creepy
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2021, 09:26:45 AM »
I have heard of space blankets, but never thought of what they looked like when a bunch are used like that.  Are they just easier to store and clean?  I would have thought the cheap fake wool blankets would be easier.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2021, 09:52:31 AM »
I have heard of space blankets, but never thought of what they looked like when a bunch are used like that.  Are they just easier to store and clean?  I would have thought the cheap fake wool blankets would be easier.

They take up about 2 cubic inches when stored (probably a lot less when bulk packed) and they are disposable.
"It's good, though..."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2021, 10:31:28 AM »
How does a President not get impeached for undermining national security in such a blatant manner?
Impeachment exists to grandstand against your political opponents, not address wrongdoing.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2021, 04:40:19 PM »
Biden has put Harris in charge of the border.

“It’s not her full responsibility job, but she is leading the effort because I think the best thing to do is to put someone who … speaks for me, doesn’t have to check with me. She knows what she’s doing, and I hope we can move this along,” he told reporters, according to pool reports.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/biden-says-kamala-harris-will-lead-efforts-to-stem-border-surge_3748005.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2021, 04:53:51 PM »
I keep a bunch of space blankets in my truck, emergency kits and my bug-out bag.   They are very useful up here in hypothermia country.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2021, 05:30:37 PM »
I keep a bunch of space blankets in my truck, emergency kits and my bug-out bag.   They are very useful up here in hypothermia country.
Many years ago I thought it would be cool to try out some of my emergency supplies for real on a camping trip.  Space blankets were one of my major disappointments.  For all the claims about the heat they reflect, it is hard to remember a time I was colder through the night - and temperatures were not particularly cold.  Another time I used a debris shelter and a big contractor trash bag and stayed warmer and more dry.  I still carry them because they're easy, and I know you can do useful things with them (especially shelter building and fire reflectors), but you definitely need to know their extensive limitations.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2021, 05:36:53 PM »

Me too, they don't take up any room.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2021, 05:48:09 PM »
Many years ago I thought it would be cool to try out some of my emergency supplies for real on a camping trip.  Space blankets were one of my major disappointments. 

I found similar. I will say that the Adventure Medical ones are WAY better than the run of the mill ones. I tested this (mine was only $30) and found it to be noticeably warmer than a space blanket:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZEPCB4/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I keep it in one vehicle and Adventure Medical blankets in another. Additionally each vehicle has a down vest I got from Costco for like $15/ea, and a cheap breathable rain jacket. If I put everything on, I should stay reasonably warm.

That said, anytime I do a road trip, I also throw a real sleeping bag and good jacket in the vehicle.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2021, 06:13:32 PM »
The surge is Trump's fault. It started in the Trump administration and 46 has to deal with it now.

If he means the Trump administration from 04NOV20 - 20JAN21, I guess I have to give him that.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-migrant-surge-southern-border-started-under-trump

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2021, 06:54:58 PM »
I just don't understand how that narrative, that this is Trump's fault, is still getting traction.  Surely there has to be a social media site somewhere that said, "Hey, amigos! Biden won the election.  The border is open!!"  And if it didn't say that, I'm sure there was some communication to the masses about where and when to meet.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2021, 06:58:37 PM »
On a spring backpacking trip in NC I opted for a sleeping bag rated for 32 degrees. The coldest lows I could find for the area in weather forecasts were around 40.

Well, I was in the mountains and I didn't take into consideration non-stop 30 mph winds all night. That first night I was cold and didn't sleep well. When the second night rolled around, the temp was actually cooler and the wind didn't lie down, so I knew I was in for another cold night.

I was miserable the second night until I pulled out the old tiny space blanket in my kit and put it over my sleeping bag as a wind block. Worked like a charm!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2021, 01:41:21 PM »
"I ask that you give the people dignity and respect."

Nice line by Biden staffer who keeps blocking Cruz from recording conditions at the border. It's infuriating to see this, totally supported by the MSM, when they would be screaming bloody murder if a Trump staffer tried to block a dem rep, or the press. Suddenly a President Clark style regime is all the rage with the hip kids.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1376183991162834948

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2021, 02:36:01 PM »
Interesting, given the current free for all at our border:

https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexico-coronavirus-death-tolls-revisions

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2021, 08:15:45 AM »
Ten percent of the minors being sent to San Diego are positive for covid.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/dozens-of-unaccompanied-minors-in-san-diego-convention-center-test-positive-for-covid-19_3755058.html

Dozens of the over 700 unaccompanied minors who crossed the U.S.-Mexico border illegally and were transported to a shelter at a San Diego convention center have tested positive for COVID-19, according to local and health officials cited in multiple media reports.

Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) spokesperson Bonnie Preston told NBC7 on Monday that at least 69 minors had tested positive and were all asymptomatic.

At the same time, I also saw that the 46 administration is setting up in-person learning for all the kids at this facility, while teachers in San Diego are still refusing to return to classrooms to teach US citizens.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2021, 08:02:48 AM »

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2021, 10:21:43 AM »
AOC:

Surge=insurgent="militaristic term".

Get a dictionary, toots.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-anyone-who-uses-term-surge-about-border-crisis-is-invoking-a-militaristic-frame

How in the fu€k does someone that stupid get elected?  This is a rhetorical question.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2021, 04:56:18 PM »
How in the fu€k does someone that stupid get elected?  This is a rhetorical question.
Stupid voters? 

Non-stupid voters not showing up to vote. 

Corrupt incumbent that no one likes.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2021, 10:14:30 PM »

I suspect that elections in New York are merely a dog and pony show for the masses(voters) and that the "winner" has been picked well in advance.

fu€king the one(s) that do the picking is a time honored democrat method of getting ahead in politics, just as Kamala.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2021, 06:20:40 AM »
I heard that the left is all about encouraging illegal immigration because it keeps population numbers in leftist states and cities high to maintain census numbers for the proportioning of Representatives and federal money, plus these sanctuary states and cities let them vote of course.

It’s something I never thought about but makes complete sense.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

grampster

• friend
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2021, 10:33:15 AM »
I don't think it would be too hard to charge with and prove Biden and the Democrat Party guilty of Conspiracy to Commit Human Trafficking.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2021, 10:53:59 AM »
I don't think it would be too hard to charge with and prove Biden and the Democrat Party guilty of Conspiracy to Commit Human Trafficking.

The UN is complicit in this too.  Who do you think would do the charging?  (perhaps the AG in Texas or Arizona could)  But no court would hear the case.
"It's good, though..."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2021, 10:15:45 PM »
The funny thing is, if AOC wanted to complain about militaristic terms being used to describe the criminal alien - um - invasion, she could have plenty of real examples.

But she's not really interested in saying sensible things.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife