Author Topic: The Border  (Read 6334 times)

JN01

• friend
Re: The Border
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2021, 01:06:21 AM »
The funny thing is, if AOC wanted to complain about militaristic terms being used to describe the criminal alien - um - invasion, she could have plenty of real examples.

But she's not really interested in capable of saying sensible things.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2021, 04:41:57 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2021, 07:20:13 PM »
But she's not really interested in capable of saying sensible things

Because her handlers don't give her any sensible talking points.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2021, 09:28:44 AM »
From the party that wants to pay criminals not to be criminals comes this solution to the border crises*

Headline is a little click baity

Julio-César Chávez
@JulioCesrChavez
BREAKING: The US government is thinking of using straight cash payments to Central American countries to stem the flow of migrants headed north, hoping to tackle economic reasons for migration

Exclusive reporting by @tedhesson and @mattspetalnick

What could go wrong? White House reportedly considering paying migrants in Central America not to come to the U.S.
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/04/10/what-could-go-wrong-white-house-reportedly-considering-paying-migrants-in-central-america-not-to-come-to-the-u-s/

*If there actually was a border crises that is and of course we all know there isn't one  :O
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JN01

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2021, 07:39:26 PM »
That will save them the trouble of raising the money to pay the coyotes to get them into the US.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2021, 12:22:37 AM »
That will save them the trouble of raising the money to pay the coyotes to get them into the US.

The coyotes will hike their fees.
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2021, 10:13:31 AM »
All of those illegal aliens will be let loose in the US.  Probably even be given a free bus ticket to the city of their choice.

Tucker got himself in hot water with the pro invasion crowd.

Article, transcript, commentary and video.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/tuckers-broadside/
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2021, 11:03:10 AM »
Only because he told the truth on Democrats and immigration

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2021, 12:38:44 AM »
Only because he told the truth on Democrats and immigration

And what did Jack Nicholson's character say in "A Few Good Men"?

"You can't handle the truth !"
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2021, 11:59:45 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2021, 12:14:03 PM »
Harris: There is no border crisis
Also Harris: The border crisis is because of climate change

Kamala Harris suggests border crisis stems in part from migrants trying to escape ‘lack of climate adaptation and climate resilience’ [video]
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/05/04/kamala-harris-suggests-border-crisis-stems-in-part-from-migrants-trying-to-escape-lack-of-climate-adaptation-and-climate-resilience-video/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2021, 03:07:13 PM »
Damn that Donald Trump! He didn't plan ahead for Joe Biden's border surge! The nerve!

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2021/04/30/absolute-bs-biden-says-trump-didnt-plan-for-the-overflow-at-the-border-yeah-about-that/
He is just following in President Obama's footsteps.  I think that guy was still blaming Bush in his 2nd term.

Also, see post with pictures of unused border wall steel.  Putting it to good use might help a little.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2021, 09:11:00 AM »
Maria Bartiromo has been doing a special all week from Del Rio. It has been really eye-opening. She has been interviewing illegals that turned themselves in, all well dressed and talking about paying coyotes $8-$10K to get across the border. Hardly poor asylum seekers, and many saying they are going to go stay with friends in Boston and other big cities. Sure sound like people who should be standing in the legal line and not claiming asylum status.

Additionally, there were a few very powerful interviews with residents at the border. People who can't go to their barn to feed the animals without a gun because there might be someone in their barn. Illegals knocking on doors and windows at all hours.  I can't imagine trying to remain in my home in peace if I had to constantly worry about someone breaking in. I mean, we all here on APS have some version of home security for this kind of thing, but with it being based on the small chance of a home invasion, not worrying daily that someone might break in.

One rancher talked about how he now has guns hidden everywhere in the house for quick access. Another talked about illegals surrounding his car demanding he drive them somewhere. He only got out of it because he went for his pistol and they ran.

More than anything else in the reporting, what is happening to ordinary citizens on the border really got to me.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2021, 07:03:29 PM »
One rancher talked about how he now has guns hidden everywhere in the house for quick access. Another talked about illegals surrounding his car demanding he drive them somewhere. He only got out of it because he went for his pistol and they ran.

More than anything else in the reporting, what is happening to ordinary citizens on the border really got to me.

And to think I have been chided for suggesting setting up a ladder stand (like for deer hunting) at a high traffic area, then "raising some dirt" in front of the illegals to "convince them" that they would be safer back the way they came.  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #66 on: October 14, 2021, 07:21:23 PM »
I suspect that if things continue to deteriorate along the Southern border incidents involving SSS are going to start happening, if they aren't already.
Lots of farmers and ranchers have backhoes (and hogs).

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #67 on: October 14, 2021, 11:25:06 PM »
I suspect that if things continue to deteriorate along the Southern border incidents involving SSS are going to start happening, if they aren't already.
Lots of farmers and ranchers have backhoes (and hogs).
There are likely federal prosecutors who would lover to go after someone for that if they were found out. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2021, 11:28:20 PM »
Maria Bartiromo has been doing a special all week from Del Rio. It has been really eye-opening. She has been interviewing illegals that turned themselves in, all well dressed and talking about paying coyotes $8-$10K to get across the border. Hardly poor asylum seekers, and many saying they are going to go stay with friends in Boston and other big cities. Sure sound like people who should be standing in the legal line and not claiming asylum status.

They likely have fewer issues with the Govt having illegal status.  If they were legal immigrants, INS would likely have them doing paperwork all the time to prove one thing or another. 

I know an engineer who married a Venezuelan woman.  Even after the 2nd kid years later they were still having to file paperwork to show it wasn't some scam.  She didn't have much good to say about illegals or INS bureaucrats.  (thinking about it, that conversation was over 10 years ago)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #70 on: October 18, 2021, 02:29:24 PM »
Of course there were whips. If the narrative says there were whips there were whips. If you don't see whips drink kool-aid until you see whips.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2021, 08:09:22 AM »
So we've now gone from the most effective border policy in the last 40 years to the worst. As per the news this morning, as of today, more illegal aliens have crossed the border this year than there are residents in my entire state. Over 1.8 million. That is only the illegals that have had contact with the authorities - it does not include "gotaways" which some might argue is a larger number than the illegals who have surrendered at the border.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2021, 08:33:21 AM »
And dear leaders press secretary blamed on Trump yesterday.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG