Author Topic: News network fail  (Read 761 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
News network fail
« on: March 17, 2021, 03:41:28 PM »
What happens when you pare your news network's focus back to one single overriding issue and the issue suddenly goes away? You lose 47% of your prime-time viewership in 60 days, that's what.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-hemorrhaging-viewers-trump-down-50-percent

CNN's laser focus on riding the TDS train left them woefully unprepared to deal with post-Trump Presidency news.  They built their programming around appeasement of a vocal minority on a single laser-focused issue. Then add one of their top talking head's direct familial ties to the slow motion train wreck that is Andrew Cuomo's political career, the network's overt refusal to provide anything remotely close to substantive coverage in that respect, and the desperate clinging to anything anti-Conservative. Not the best way to run a news organization, but those of us without TDS blinders on already knew that.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: News network fail
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 10:51:57 PM »
Guess they'll have to lean really hard into the domestic terror/white supremacy/gun violence stuff. Great.  ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 04:15:58 PM »
Well, they have a new issue to bleat.  The MSM is trying soooooo hard to create systemic Asian Hatred due to the shooting in Atlanta.  It's almost painful to watch those talking heads trying to turn a terrible act by a deranged moron into a brand new National Scourge.   
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 06:39:26 PM »
So when do we see neighborhoods being burned in the name of YLM (Yellow Lives Matter)?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 02:17:16 AM »
Well, they have a new issue to bleat.  The MSM is trying soooooo hard to create systemic Asian Hatred due to the shooting in Atlanta.  It's almost painful to watch those talking heads trying to turn a terrible act by a deranged moron into a brand new National Scourge.

I've been seeing them try to create it before this shooting, can't say I remember it before Biden's presidency... [tinfoil]
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 06:56:09 AM »
Well, they did their very best to carry the hate forward past the election. I work for AT&T, CNN's parent, so they have it streaming on the TVs in the commons areas at the office I work at (AT&T regional HQ). For weeks after the inauguration it was basically TRUMP WILL LEAD AN ARMY OF BUFFALO SHAMANS TO INVADE WASHINGTON AND RETAKE WHITE HOUSE!

CNN started going downhill almost immediately after Shaw, Holliman, and Arnett signed off from their live coverage of the start of the First Gulf War.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 07:18:16 AM »
So is CNN going to take on Harvard's admittance policies?  :rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife