Author Topic: Unregistered Ammunition  (Read 1437 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Unregistered Ammunition
« on: March 17, 2021, 06:58:30 PM »
This is like the fourth or fifth time that I've seen someone arrested and charged for "unregistered ammunition". I think they have all been in the DC vicinity, but given this admin's gun control push, I wonder how long it will be before anyone can be arrested for "unregistered ammunition" anywhere? Not that a lot of states won't fight something like that, but a lot of others won't.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/man-arrested-outside-vp-harris-residence-with-rifle-ammunition-dc-police-say
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Unregistered Ammunition
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 09:21:21 PM »
Just looked up D C laws.  Section 7-2506.01 makes it illegal to possess ammunition unless the possessor is a registered forearm owner.  Looks like it's the owner that is registered, not the ammo.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 10:44:53 PM »
Just looked up D C laws.  Section 7-2506.01 makes it illegal to possess ammunition unless the possessor is a registered forearm owner.  Looks like it's the owner that is registered, not the ammo.

Sounds like the kind of mistake journos make all the time. They write stories about people having "registered" guns, when there's no registration in that state. I assume they just mean to say the gun is legally owned, or the owner has a carry permit.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 11:04:37 PM »
We're had reporters here report that a gun was unregistered despite the fact Ky has never had any sort of registration.  Think they just use the term thinking they're spicing  up the story a bit. Ooooh, it was an unregistered gun.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 11:41:37 PM »
We're had reporters here report that a gun was unregistered despite the fact Ky has never had any sort of registration.  Think they just use the term thinking they're spicing  up the story a bit. Ooooh, it was an unregistered gun.

They do not think that; the purpose of that is to slowly socially engineer the ignorant into assuming registrations are normal and ubiquitous.  It is not stupid or ignorant, it is insidious and purposeful.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2021, 12:00:17 AM »
They do not think that; the purpose of that is to slowly socially engineer the ignorant into assuming registrations are normal and ubiquitous.  It is not stupid or ignorant, it is insidious and purposeful.

Depends on the reporter, yes there are those where it is no doubt as you say "insidious and purposeful" but I think most are just that flat out ignorant and just parrot what they're told to parrot. Most aren't hired for their brains.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2021, 12:08:10 AM »
Depends on the reporter, yes there are those where it is no doubt as you say "insidious and purposeful" but I think most are just that flat out ignorant and just parrot what they're told to parrot. Most aren't hired for their brains.

Still applies to whoever wrote that propaganda for the brainless talking head.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 12:09:37 AM »

A large portion of the general public thinks guns have to be registered with the police. It is the #1 misconception I encounter when discussing firearm ownership.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 12:13:11 AM »
A large portion of the general public thinks guns have to be registered with the police. It is the #1 misconception I encounter when discussing firearm ownership.

I had a policeman in Colorado repeatedly ask if my pistol was registered.  I had to explain to him that Colorado not only doesn't have a registration but is in fact explicitly prohibited by law from having any registration.  The engineering is damn near ubiquitous.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2021, 12:15:55 AM »
I have run into that as well with a non-gun owner.  The main one I remember was thinking of getting one and just had questions.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2021, 12:23:51 AM »
I had a policeman in Colorado repeatedly ask if my pistol was registered.  I had to explain to him that Colorado not only doesn't have a registration but is in fact explicitly prohibited by law from having any registration.  The engineering is damn near ubiquitous.

Had a friend of mine get stopped and his gun checked, the cop then wanted to arrest him for having HP ammo in his gun. It took two other cops showing up and nearly 30 minutes of arguing to clear it up. Ky has no rules on type of ammo except when it comes to hunting. 
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2021, 12:31:56 AM »

I think a lot of that comes from TV where 99% of the police dramas are based in LA or NYC. When I used to watch a lot of such shows it came up a lot. Most  non gun people would more than likely think that some form of registration is the norm from such shows. I think the writers of such shows often use it as a lazy convenient plot device
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 12:58:42 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

castle key

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 06:32:35 AM »
In the District of Columbia, the charge specifically addresses unregistered ammunition. Interestingly, I have never heard of any way to actually register ammunition in DC....
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2021, 08:27:01 AM »
I understand and agree regarding "unregistered handgun". This has been an ubiquitous term used just as much in areas where there is no registration as in areas where there is. I suppose because most MSM reporters come from big cities and states where there is registration, they simply assume registration is the norm. As does Hollywood in most every crime drama they make.

The OP was because "unregistered ammunition" is a term I haven't heard until the last year or so.  I can't help but think "propaganda" given all the other crap going on right now to silence, restrict, and ban.

And as Castle Key posted, it appears to be a real thing in DC.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2021, 07:29:37 AM »
You wouldn't think the entertainment/news/disinformation media complex would be able to spread two conflicting fictions at the same time. On the one hand, all weapons and ammunition must be registered in every state in the union. On the other hand, the U.S. has no gun control at all, and toddlers can buy Mk 19s more easily than they can buy racist Dr. Seuss books. You wouldn't think they could tell both lies at once, and have people still believe them.

You'd be wrong.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2021, 08:09:56 AM »
You wouldn't think the entertainment/news/disinformation media complex would be able to spread two conflicting fictions at the same time. On the one hand, all weapons and ammunition must be registered in every state in the union. On the other hand, the U.S. has no gun control at all, and toddlers can buy Mk 19s more easily than they can buy racist Dr. Seuss books. You wouldn't think they could tell both lies at once, and have people still believe them.

You'd be wrong.

Confusion, cognitive dissonance and uncertainty make folks more persuadable.

We don't have an organic culture any longer, we have a multi trillion $ psychological operation being imposed from above by "experts" and so called "scientists".

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2021, 08:22:48 AM »
Confusion, cognitive dissonance and uncertainty make folks more persuadable.

We don't have an organic culture any longer, we have a multi trillion $ psychological operation being imposed from above by "experts" and so called "scientists".

The melting pot has been turned into a can of mixed nuts
- Calvin and Hobbes