Author Topic: Mass shooting in Boulder  (Read 6563 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Mass shooting in Boulder
« on: March 22, 2021, 09:03:17 PM »
Reports of six dead at a King So opera in Boulder. At least one cop dead. Suspect in custody.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Mass shooting in Boulder
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 09:20:22 PM »
Reports of six dead at a King So opera in Boulder. At least one cop dead. Suspect in custody.

Thought King So sounded like a Chinese restaurant or something. It's King Soopers a grocery store.

Boulder 'active shooter' reported at King Soopers grocery store, police say
https://www.foxnews.com/us/active-shooter-reported-at-colorado-shopping-center-police

2nd mass shooting after not having any for a while since the those gun control bills stalled in the senate  [tinfoil]
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 09:43:05 PM »
^^^So that was how autocorrect did the store name.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 09:49:28 PM »
^^^So that was how autocorrect did the store name.

Thought another "Asian shooting"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 10:06:00 PM »
Does anyone know if King Soopers is posted as a gun-free zone?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 10:15:06 PM »
Reports saying an AR-15 was used.  There’s the incident that that will push the assault weapons ban I to the limelight

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 11:28:28 PM »
10 dead
Expect this to unjam the "assault" weapons ban bill in the Senate
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 11:45:55 PM »
I need more tin foil for my hat
Article from just 4 days ago

Boulder, Colorado’s ban on the ownership of AR-15’s and magazines carrying more than 10 rounds was struck down by Colorado state judge Andrew Hartman. Hartman struck down the ban because it violated the state’s Preemption law, which prevents localities from imposing gun regulation above and beyond the state’s law. The ruling requires that Boulder stop the enforcement of the ban immediately.
Colorado Judge Strikes Down AR-15 Ban
https://fullmagnews.com/2021/03/18/colorado-judge-strikes-down-ar-15-ban/

Colorado Judge Strikes Down Boulder’s AR-15 Ban
https://freebeacon.com/guns/colorado-judge-strikes-down-boulders-ar-15-ban/
- Calvin and Hobbes

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2021, 12:47:42 AM »
I need more tin foil for my hat
Article from just 4 days ago
Colorado Judge Strikes Down AR-15 Ban
https://fullmagnews.com/2021/03/18/colorado-judge-strikes-down-ar-15-ban/

Colorado Judge Strikes Down Boulder’s AR-15 Ban
https://freebeacon.com/guns/colorado-judge-strikes-down-boulders-ar-15-ban/

Got any to spare? 'Cause damn that's quite the coincidence... I mean, I know correlation doesn't equal causation, but in this day and age, I'm giving anything and everything the hairy eyeball.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2021, 08:24:57 AM »
Does anyone know if King Soopers is posted as a gun-free zone?

From 2019:

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/09/04/king-soopers-walmart-gun-open-carry/

Apparently they followed Walmart's lead: No open carry; don't ask, don't tell for concealed. Obviously this store being located in Boulder, other factors come into play regarding the probability of another shopper being (or more likely not being) armed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 09:19:50 AM »
I try to not think in tin-foil terms, choosing to believe that human stupidity is plenty enough to 'splain most coincidences. This time, events and timing are making me reconsider. The state knockdown of same-location ordinance less than a week ago, overt national pressure for "assault weapon" control, a general loathing of any kind of firearm in that particular area. It's a little too coincidental even for me.

Another thing... Shooter must not have been a conservative. If he/she was, they would already be trumpeting every tiny detail of the person's existence as prima fascie evidence of why Conservatives should be rounded up and sent to reeducation camps.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 09:47:10 AM »
Another news source mentioned a live stream of the incident was posted on YouTube but I couldn’t find it.  Assuming YouTube took it down because it showed lifeless bodies. 

It is interesting that we haven’t heard much about the shooter or his motive, only that he used an AR.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 09:55:38 AM »
I try to not think in tin-foil terms, choosing to believe that human stupidity is plenty enough to 'splain most coincidences. This time, events and timing are making me reconsider. The state knockdown of same-location ordinance less than a week ago, overt national pressure for "assault weapon" control, a general loathing of any kind of firearm in that particular area. It's a little too coincidental even for me.

Another thing... Shooter must not have been a conservative. If he/she was, they would already be trumpeting every tiny detail of the person's existence as prima fascie evidence of why Conservatives should be rounded up and sent to reeducation camps.

Brad

I do it more of a joke joke than anything else. Personally I think most things like this can be explained by the fact that Murphy is an ahole in addition to being an optimist
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 02:11:43 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 10:01:05 AM »
Another news source mentioned a live stream of the incident was posted on YouTube but I couldn’t find it.  Assuming YouTube took it down because it showed lifeless bodies. 

It is interesting that we haven’t heard much about the shooter or his motive, only that he used an AR.
I bet youtube would have taken it down as soon as it was noticed.  They don't even allow gun handling on livestreams anymore. 

I guess we will see what other information comes out.  The article at the top has almost no information other than it appears similar to the Walmart shooting in Texas a couple years ago.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2021, 10:06:07 AM »
I bet youtube would have taken it down as soon as it was noticed.  They don't even allow gun handling on livestreams anymore. 

Yep, guns can be shown in the background on a livestream but not handled. Several of the gun channels have run afoul of this. In a live Q&A someone will ask about a particular gun and the livestreamer will say something along the lines I can't show it to you on a livestream now where before they would.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2021, 10:11:44 AM »
If only that ban hadn't been overturned

“We tried to protect our city,” she told The Washington Post. “It’s so tragic to see the legislation struck down, and days later, to have our city experience exactly what we were trying to prevent.”

Boulder’s assault weapons ban, meant to stop mass shootings, was blocked 10 days before grocery store attack
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/23/guns-boulder-shooting-assault-weapons-ban/
- Calvin and Hobbes

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2021, 10:45:15 AM »
“We tried to protect our city,” she told The Washington Post. “It’s so tragic to see the legislation struck down, and days later, to have our city experience exactly what we were trying to prevent.”

I'm pretty sure going into a grocery store and shooting people was already illegal in Boulder . . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2021, 10:46:35 AM »
Yep, guns can be shown in the background on a livestream but not handled.

I was watching I think the latest Garand Thumb video yesterday where he offhandedly mentioned something about Youtube making things hard on him.

I don't know the economics of monetizing videos on youtube and elsewhere, but it seems if more really well known guys like him would leave youtube, people would follow. I can see though, where if it is your livelihood, it's difficult to take the chance of being the first one to leave and maybe or maybe not having negative income impacts.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2021, 11:46:06 AM »
Hear that sound? It's the sound of shovels

BREAKING: Boulder, CO shooting suspect identified as 21-year-old Ahmad Al-Issa (Updated)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/03/23/breaking-boulder-co-shooting-suspect-identified-as-21-year-old-ahmad-alyssa/

King Soopers Shooting: Ahmad Al-Issa Suspected Of Killing 10
https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/03/23/king-soopers-shooting-ahmad-al-issa-suspected-killing-10/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2021, 11:49:21 AM »
Hear that sound? It's the sound of shovels

No, no. It will be the deflector screens. The shooter will not be mentioned. The AR15 with the chainsaw bayonet being responsible will be all that is mentioned. In fact it may have also had a mind control attachment to force the shooter to pull the trigger.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2021, 11:49:41 AM »

Boulder’s assault weapons ban, meant to stop mass shootings, was blocked 10 days before grocery store attack
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/03/23/guns-boulder-shooting-assault-weapons-ban/

Does anyone know exactly how Boulder defined "assault weapon"? Remember, after the 1994 federal AWB set forth a definition of what constituted an "assault weapon," companies immediately began making and selling "modern sporting rifles" that were AR-15s but not "assault weapons." Consequently, even if the firearm used in King Soopers was an AR-15, that doesn't mean it was an "assault weapon."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2021, 12:05:40 PM »
No, no. It will be the deflector screens. The shooter will not be mentioned. The AR15 with the chainsaw bayonet being responsible will be all that is mentioned. In fact it may have also had a mind control attachment to force the shooter to pull the trigger.

Has anyone seen anything definitive  on what kind of gun(s) was used. May not matter anyway even if he used a Glock bayonet lugs will still need to be banned to prevent mass bayonetings. Will someone please think of the children?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2021, 12:12:23 PM »

One livestream is here, for now:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikujTMetrUk

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2021, 12:14:04 PM »

Since the (alleged) killer is from Arvada, not Boulder ...

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2021, 12:20:59 PM »
I was watching I think the latest Garand Thumb video yesterday where he offhandedly mentioned something about Youtube making things hard on him.

I don't know the economics of monetizing videos on youtube and elsewhere, but it seems if more really well known guys like him would leave youtube, people would follow. I can see though, where if it is your livelihood, it's difficult to take the chance of being the first one to leave and maybe or maybe not having negative income impacts.
Not sure about Garand Thumb, but Mrgunsngear often says a good number of his views are from people not subscribed.  A lot of those guys do mirror their content on other sites, but the number of views on those sites are relatively small.  I know Sootch00 says he figures he reachs a lot of non-gun people on youtube he would never reach somewhere else.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge