Author Topic: Mass shooting in Boulder  (Read 6571 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Mass shooting in Boulder
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2021, 12:22:43 PM »
Ali Aliwi Al-Issa, the suspect’s 34-year-old brother, told The Daily Beast that his brother was mentally ill, disturbed, and paranoid.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/suspect-in-boulder-mass-shooting-identified-as-ahmad-al-aliwi-alissa-very-anti-social_3745850.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2021, 12:24:49 PM »
One livestream is here, for now:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikujTMetrUk
Looked like at least one officer had a suppressor on his rifle (not the shooter).
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2021, 12:26:11 PM »
https://www.theepochtimes.com/suspect-in-boulder-mass-shooting-identified-as-ahmad-al-aliwi-alissa-very-anti-social_3745850.html
Link won't let me see anything but the headline.  Any good quotes from it?

The name sounds like your typical Trump voter though.   ;)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2021, 12:28:16 PM »
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/03/23/lefties-like-journo-and-activist-against-islamophobia-cj-werleman-might-want-to-rethink-their-white-domestic-terrorist-takes-after-boulder-shooting-suspect-idd/

Also, I can never play the stupid Fox News live video links, but they have a video "live" link to the senate right this minute "discussing" new gun legislation. I'd better  call the LGS about the MK116 on their wall. I was gonna get it anyway. Better beat the panic.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2021, 12:28:29 PM »
Early rumors after Georgia and Colorado...

Dems will push both the "background check" and AWB as priority legislation.  Some Reps may cave on either or both of these.
Dems are drafting language, either as a separate bill or an amendment to the background check bill, to create a federally mandated waiting period.  It will purport to give sufficient time for a complete background check.
Some of the usual suspects are throwing around ideas like "psychological evaluations" as a part of the background check, removing the grandfather clause in the AWB, gun registration, etc
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2021, 12:29:58 PM »
Link won't let me see anything but the headline.  Any good quotes from it?

The name sounds like your typical Trump voter though.   ;)

The suspect “very anti-social” and paranoid, his brother told the news outlet, noting that he would often remark that he was “being chased, someone is behind him, someone is looking for him.”

“When he was having lunch with my sister in a restaurant, he said, ‘People are in the parking lot, they are looking for me.’ She went out, and there was no one. We didn’t know what was going on in his head,” Al-Issa said.

Other than the above, mostly just dem politicians calling for an end to guns.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2021, 12:36:00 PM »
That's rough.  Ten folks went to the grocery store on an idle Tuesday and ended up dead because of some nut job.  Sad.  =(

Politician responses are entirely routine and expected.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2021, 12:40:44 PM »
Right on cue ...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/democrats-boulder-massacre-gun-control-agenda

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), one of the staunchest gun control advocates in Congress, said America must use the Boulder atrocity to take its stand against gun violence.
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), meanwhile, promised that lawmakers would advance gun control measures in the wake of the Boulder massacre.
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), lamenting the latest mass tragedy, said gun reform is the only adequate response.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said:

"For the second time in a week, our nation is being confronted by the epidemic of gun violence. Too many families in too many places are being forced to endure this unfathomable pain and anguish. Action is needed now to prevent this scourge from continuing to ravage our communities."

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2021, 12:50:18 PM »
Never lets facts get in the way of an agenda
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2021, 12:53:49 PM »
The NYT is reporting that Mr. Issa was born in Syria in 1999 and has lived most of his life in the US.  His interests include wrestling and kickboxing and has studied computer engineering at a local university.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2021, 12:56:56 PM »
Has Schiff started an investigation into Russian involvement and started impeachment proceedings yet?

Whoops, wrong president on the latter.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2021, 12:59:29 PM »
The NYT is reporting that Mr. Issa was born in Syria in 1999 and has lived most of his life in the US. 

Hmm ... one of the refugees Obama brought in?

(asking, not stating)
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2021, 01:05:22 PM »
He got the "White Man Treatment" because he's white.
"White Man Treatment" = Wasn't killed by police

https://twitter.com/thewallyeller/status/1374391140707835914

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/03/23/racially-conscious-tweeter-backs-up-meena-harris-by-explaining-why-boulder-shooting-suspect-ahmad-al-aliwi-alissa-still-gets-white-man-treatment-by-police/

And just in case he wasn't

Hollaria Briden
@HollyBriden
·
47m
Police in Boulder shot the gunman once just in case he wasn’t white.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2021, 01:07:48 PM »
I have a headache now
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2021, 01:10:40 PM »

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2021, 01:12:22 PM »
I find it odd that we suddenly get 2 "white supremist"*/domestic terrorist mass shootings just as the democraps are pushing draconian gun control measures.
Not so long ago I was unwilling to accept the possibility that our political class possessed enough evil to be capable of mass murder to forward their agenda. These days not so much.

*Of course he'll be labeled as a "white" muslim in order to further the agenda.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2021, 01:18:02 PM »
Had that been Ivanka Trump saying "probably a Muslim" during Trump's admin, we'd be looking at impeachment #3.

Actually saying it doesn't matter since the MSM knows 100% for certain what either one of the Trumps would have been thinking
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2021, 01:22:11 PM »
And they pull this BS back out for good measure.

Journo and NBC/MSNBC political analyst knows ‘it’s easier to buy a gun than to register to vote’ in Georgia because ‘activists’ say so
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/03/23/journo-and-nbc-msnbc-political-analyst-knows-its-easier-to-buy-a-gun-than-to-register-to-vote-in-georgia-because-activists-say-so/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2021, 01:25:16 PM »
I find it interesting that both the Atlanta and Boulder shooters were just 21 years old. I wonder if there is any significance to that.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2021, 02:09:33 PM »
And they pull this BS back out for good measure.

Journo and NBC/MSNBC political analyst knows ‘it’s easier to buy a gun than to register to vote’ in Georgia because ‘activists’ say so
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/03/23/journo-and-nbc-msnbc-political-analyst-knows-its-easier-to-buy-a-gun-than-to-register-to-vote-in-georgia-because-activists-say-so/

I have no problem with people registering to vote on the day of election. Let's make it easy to verify a person's eligibility to vote the same as a instant gun background check and let them vote. Resident..check, Citizen... check, not prohibited from voting due to prior felon status (if applicable).... check.  Here you go sir/maam/it, have a nice vote.

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2021, 02:13:29 PM »
Someone brought up the fact he's Syrian and what did Biden just do in Syria? Yes correlation does not equal causation but it needs to be looked into IMHO
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2021, 02:15:36 PM »
Let's make it easy to verify a person's eligibility to vote the same as a instant gun background check

bob

Followed by a minimum 10 day hold

Edit: Think the dems would scream bloody murder if you also imposed a 10 vote limit?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 02:38:53 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2021, 02:18:30 PM »
I was listening to Crowder.  He said the statistics saying it is mostly white people doing mass shootings classify Middle Eastern people and North African Muslims as white, but they do not include gang shootings.  I never looked at those statistics very well. 

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2021, 02:21:08 PM »
I was listening to Crowder.  He said the statistics saying it is mostly white people doing mass shootings classify Middle Eastern people and North African Muslims as white, but they do not include gang shootings.  I never looked at those statistics very well.

Well lets see, four people were shot dead in Chicago last weekend... which isn't atypical.  Not too much in the national news about that.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2021, 02:35:47 PM »
Followed by a minimum 10 day hold

Edit: Think the dems would scream bloody murder if you also imposed a 10 vote limit.

Yea, that 10 vote limit would kill it for sure!    =|

bob