Author Topic: Today's quiz  (Read 883 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Today's quiz
« on: March 26, 2021, 12:20:39 AM »
Excluding egregious and other grammatical erros (which abound), how many factual errors and items of mis/disinformation can you find in this article?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/boulder-shooting-suspects-gun-looked-like-a-rifle-but-its-a-pistol-experts-worry-its-helping-people-skirt-gun-laws/ar-BB1eXTWV

[Hint: If you don't find at least ten, you're not even trying.]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 05:46:55 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: Today's quiz
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 06:38:31 AM »
How I became an assault weapon owner. It was 1994, I was 19, stupid people were trying to ban guns and the existing law said I couldn’t buy a pistol. Now they just hand them out on street corners?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 08:31:37 AM »
Excluding egregious and other grammatical erros (which abound), how many factual erros and items of mis/disinformation can you find in this article?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/boulder-shooting-suspects-gun-looked-like-a-rifle-but-its-a-pistol-experts-worry-its-helping-people-skirt-gun-laws/ar-BB1eXTWV

[Hint: If you don't find at least ten, you're not even trying.]

Holy hell. With all the "misinformation" censorship going on, this get's through? This is the mainstream media and a majority of the sheep believe what they say.

One of the more egregious examples:

For the Colorado shooting suspect, the Ruger AR-556 pistol had another benefit: It made purchasing the weapon quick and easy. A rifle of its same size would have been subject to multiple layers of added scrutiny, including a background check that would have required several forms of ID and even fingerprinting. The suspect would have had to pay additional taxes and potentially wait months before the gun was registered.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

griz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2021, 09:44:20 AM »
At first I thought you were tricking us because you asked "in the article" and they used the dubious term Experts in the title.  But I continued, and then stopped reading after a dozen or so examples.  Like French said, I wonder how I missed all the pistol displays that must have been at the counter beside the chewing gum and candy bars.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2021, 11:35:22 AM »
Are there any links that show a picture of the actual gun he used? 

These days an AR pistol is pretty common.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2021, 12:24:26 PM »
Are there any links that show a picture of the actual gun he used? 

These days an AR pistol is pretty common.

Saw photos last night of an AR with a brace laying on the ground that was supposedly it. Could swear there were links to them in the story last night but don't see them today.

Edit: Maybe it was this I remember so ignore the above

A Ruger AR-556 pistol of the sort the Boulder King Soopers shooting suspect purchased six days before the attack.YouTube
https://www.westword.com/news/ahmad-al-aliwi-alissa-boulder-king-soopers-shooter-mental-illness-red-flag-law-11926801
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes