Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 62012 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2021, 09:28:08 AM »
Free people can segregate.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2021, 09:46:53 AM »
Free people can segregate.
Segregation is not freedom the way the Democrats do it.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2021, 10:26:06 AM »
Segregation is not freedom the way the Democrats do it.

True story

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2021, 07:52:30 PM »
Add ‘The Eyes of Texas’ to the list

Nearly 180 faculty calling for plaque with lyrics to ‘The Eyes of Texas’ to be removed ‘because it originated at a minstrel show’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/05/nearly-180-faculty-calling-for-plaque-with-lyrics-to-the-eyes-of-texas-to-be-removed-because-it-originated-at-a-minstrel-show/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2021, 08:47:41 PM »
They would probably think this was racist also.  History is history dang it!!

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2021, 08:48:44 PM »
Add ‘The Eyes of Texas’ to the list

Nearly 180 faculty calling for plaque with lyrics to ‘The Eyes of Texas’ to be removed ‘because it originated at a minstrel show’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/05/nearly-180-faculty-calling-for-plaque-with-lyrics-to-the-eyes-of-texas-to-be-removed-because-it-originated-at-a-minstrel-show/
I think I will leave that fight to them unless they want to put up the Aggie War Hymn. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2021, 03:06:37 PM »
Add tanning

‘Point blank period!’ Pale TikToker with black lipstick explains that tanning ‘is literally blackface’ (and don’t even try to change her mind) [video]
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/05/10/point-blank-period-pale-tiktoker-with-black-lipstick-explains-that-tanning-is-literally-blackface-and-dont-even-try-to-change-her-mind-video/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2021, 01:00:38 PM »
Libraries are now racist for various reasons, including (but not limited to) the Dewey Decimal System.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9562983/Cornell-librarian-blasts-libraries-racist-says-fraught-history-hatred.html
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2021, 01:04:10 PM »
Libraries are now racist for various reasons, including (but not limited to) the Dewey Decimal System.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9562983/Cornell-librarian-blasts-libraries-racist-says-fraught-history-hatred.html

So how many different sections does say, French have in Asian libraries? More than one?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2021, 02:12:40 PM »
So how many different sections does say, French have in Asian libraries? More than one?
Good question.

Since diversity ought to be universal, I wonder how many different Lithuanian, Welsh, and Icelandic sections are in the Kampala, Ouagadougou, and Khartoum libraries combined. And what alternative to the Dewey Decimal System are they using?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2021, 09:25:58 AM »
Road paving

Twitchy Team
@TwitchyTeam
'Is this a hate crime?': The words 'Black Lives Matter' outside the White House have been paved over

Black Lives Matter Plaza gets a new coat of paint but proposals for a more permanent fixture are ‘not going over well’
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/05/13/black-lives-matter-plaza-gets-a-new-coat-of-paint-but-proposals-for-a-more-permanent-fixture-are-not-going-over-well/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #111 on: May 13, 2021, 10:53:43 AM »

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2021, 11:31:32 AM »
Why so mad?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2021, 07:12:15 PM »
Being a Christian and they throw in a good dose of TDS

The election of Donald Trump intensified certain strains of Christian nationalism. He fanned fears of pluralism with Islamophobic and anti-immigrant rhetoric. He often invoked Christianity, albeit in terms that were largely about ethnic identity rather than faith. “The greatest ethnic dog whistle the right has ever come up with is ‘Christian,’ because it means ‘people like us,’ it means white,” Samuel Perry, a sociologist at the University of Oklahoma and co-author of “Taking America Back For God,” told me.

New Yorker: Sociologist says ‘Christian’ is ‘the greatest ethnic dog whistle the right has ever come up with’ because it means ‘white’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/13/new-yorker-sociologist-says-christian-is-the-greatest-ethnic-dog-whistle-the-right-has-ever-come-up-with-because-it-means-white/
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 07:25:21 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2021, 12:34:04 AM »
Given this news, I'll have to tell our pastor to stop letting all those black and brown people on the church bus.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2021, 12:53:06 PM »
It may be a good thing that the Air Force cancelled the job offer they made me due to a funding freeze. It was a civilian job on an AF base, but I'm sure the idiocy would have reached into the office I would have joined, and I almost certainly woulodn't have survived the probationary period in a racist climate such as the DoD is creating.

Space Force commander removed from his post due to "loss of confidence" because he spoke the truth: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9584671/Space-Force-commander-REMOVED-role-blasting-critical-race-theory-rooted-Marxism.html

https://www.amazon.com/Irresistible-Revolution-Marxisms-Conquest-Unmaking/dp/1737067323/
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2021, 10:50:32 AM »
The vaccine rollout and relaxing mask rules.
Because mass giving out something for free still isn't enough  :facepalm:

Unmasked person of color Yamiche Alcindor asks Jen Psaki about nurses’ union claim that CDC’s mask guidance puts ‘people of color at risk’ [video]
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/05/17/unmasked-person-of-color-yamiche-alcindor-asks-jen-psaki-about-nurses-union-claim-that-cdcs-mask-guidance-puts-people-of-color-at-risk-video/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #117 on: May 27, 2021, 08:37:36 AM »
White Vietnam vets, white POWs, Rambo, and Trump

Another potent channel of this emerging dynamic of white blamelessness was the Prisoner of War/Missing in Action movement, which also managed to transmute a cross-racial vets’ issue into a politics of white grievance…. “The whiteness of the Operation Homecoming vets, the most visible and distinguished former prisoners of war, made the POW/MIA movement a vehicle for white racial grievance,” Darda writes, “and the POW/MIA flag has been a common sight at white supremacist rallies ever since. When a 1985 Newsweek headline declared ‘We’re Still Prisoners of War,’ some readers, whether conscious of it or not, would have taken that ‘we’ to mean white America.”

The White Men Who Wanted to Be Victims
From the Vietnam War to the present, how aggrieved men cast themselves as a discriminated-against minority
https://newrepublic.com/article/162472/white-men-wanted-victims-culture-wars-joseph-darda-review?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=EB_TNR&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1622001931

New Republic looks at how white Vietnam vets worked to cast themselves as an aggrieved minority
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/26/new-republic-looks-at-how-white-vietnam-vets-worked-to-cast-themselves-as-an-aggrieved-minority/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #118 on: May 28, 2021, 07:32:49 PM »
So... As an essential worker (I even have a letter saying that I am...), can I be an honorary POC?
Blog under construction

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #119 on: May 28, 2021, 07:46:52 PM »
So... As an essential worker (I even have a letter saying that I am...), can I be an honorary POC?

An essential worker you say?  Arbeit Macht Frei.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2021, 09:24:09 PM »
White Vietnam vets, white POWs, Rambo, and Trump

The White Men Who Wanted to Be Victims
From the Vietnam War to the present, how aggrieved men cast themselves as a discriminated-against minority
https://newrepublic.com/article/162472/white-men-wanted-victims-culture-wars-joseph-darda-review?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=EB_TNR&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1622001931

New Republic looks at how white Vietnam vets worked to cast themselves as an aggrieved minority
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/05/26/new-republic-looks-at-how-white-vietnam-vets-worked-to-cast-themselves-as-an-aggrieved-minority/

First problem is the POW/MIA flag is also prominent at many post offices and military installations.

Beyond that though I find the thing idiotic. We have no living POWs. We do good finding skeletal remains of MIA. Why it is a political movement at all mystifies me. Not the racial aspect but I could buy the idea it was the product of a generation trying to be noticed and affirmed. I guess they won't call my old ass up but if I am ever MIA don't put up a stupid flag for me, the prospect is baked into the deal when you sign up. The sentiment behind the flag leads to things like pulling out of Somalia after getting a bloody nose instead of the proper response of razing everything to be remembered for centuries and then promptly leaving.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2021, 01:41:28 AM »
If I'd freaked out, like some of the folks, I could be sitting at home on unemployment-plus, which would pretty much equal an assistant manager's pay rate. And is more than our starting pay rate.

They've been paying a bonus about once a quarter, which is about equal to a week's worth of the "plus."

Probably too late to freak out. I missed 10 days due to having something that tested negative (but had 101-102 fever for most of it), and one day since then. I had a week and a half of vacation go bye-bye, because it is use it or lose it, and we couldn't get anyone to cover. Some guys lost a lot more.
Blog under construction

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2021, 09:43:29 AM »
If I'd freaked out, like some of the folks, I could be sitting at home on unemployment-plus, which would pretty much equal an assistant manager's pay rate. And is more than our starting pay rate.

They've been paying a bonus about once a quarter, which is about equal to a week's worth of the "plus."

Probably too late to freak out. I missed 10 days due to having something that tested negative (but had 101-102 fever for most of it), and one day since then. I had a week and a half of vacation go bye-bye, because it is use it or lose it, and we couldn't get anyone to cover. Some guys lost a lot more.

If it's use it or lose it, you take it whether anyone is there to cover or not.  If management doesn't hire enough people that's their problem not yours.  Otherwise they have an incentive to understaff just so they can steal your vacation. (as if they don't have enough incentive already)
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #123 on: June 01, 2021, 01:20:03 AM »
And that's a career limiting move... If I end up managing a store, It'll damn near double my take home. I'm still paying for some of Jen's doctor shopping. And she's dead.
Blog under construction

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #124 on: June 01, 2021, 04:12:43 AM »
And that's a career limiting move... If I end up managing a store, It'll damn near double my take home. I'm still paying for some of Jen's doctor shopping. And she's dead.

Nice if.

They take your vacation and you get to hope they might like your acquiescence so much they reward it.

With that sort of arrangement they have maximum incentive to give you the shaft while stringing you along with a promotion that never happens.