Author Topic: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now  (Read 61998 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: Guess what's racist/white supremacy now
« Reply #125 on: June 01, 2021, 08:25:23 AM »
They do promote/source almost exclusively from within - and have been rapidly expanding - I want to say something like 20 stores/month... I started as a driver, with zero knowledge of how cars and the repair stuff really works, four years ago, part-time. I'm an assistant manager now. Thanks to the 'rona reaction, we're severely understaffed. Right now, I'm trying to turn a store around regarding customer service, and that's hard, because there are some folks who discovered that telling the customer "no" is the easiest way to slide through the day. So... Trying to build an actual team.
Blog under construction

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #126 on: June 01, 2021, 09:51:28 AM »
As a test, ask them if they will buy back your vacation since you're too understaffed to take any days off.  If they are honest, they should be happy to do that. 

I don't know if any of this is actionable through the state Dept of Labor, especially since you're in management, but it will let you know what kind of people you are dealing with.

Good luck.
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2021, 10:34:35 AM »
^^^I have been blessed with good health all my life and consequently take very little in the way of sick leave.  As with most healthcare systems nowadays, a few years back, my employer went to paid time off such that you use your hours for vacation or sick leave as you see fit and any unused hours were paid off at the time of separating from employment.  They now have a cap in the number of unused PTO hours that are paid off.  Some employees with long service were cashing in hundreds of hours and some of the smaller facilities were running into cash flow issues.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #128 on: June 01, 2021, 10:39:41 AM »
Every large corporation I ever worked for had some kind of vacation clause to buy back vacation if for business needs you couldn't take it. Vacation time is an agreed upon component of your compensation package. If your company denies your vacation without compensation they are essentially stealing X numbers of days pay from you.
Dig into your corporate policies and look into the vacation issue.
Do you really want to work for a company that will routinely *expletive deleted*ck over their employees over vacation? If they will do that they will find ever more profitable ways to *expletive deleted*ck you.
Might also look into your states labor laws, it may be an actionable offense in your state.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #129 on: June 01, 2021, 12:11:23 PM »
^^^The stated rationale for capping either the number of unused PTO hours paid off, or capping accumulation at a certain number of hours is to encourage the employee to use PTO.  Sort of a 'use it or lose it' philosophy.  That would be different than not being able to use PTO due to business demands, and I think someone should not be penalized for that.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2021, 02:06:02 PM »
^^^The stated rationale for capping either the number of unused PTO hours paid off, or capping accumulation at a certain number of hours is to encourage the employee to use PTO.  Sort of a 'use it or lose it' philosophy.  That would be different than not being able to use PTO due to business demands, and I think someone should not be penalized for that.

The employer should be penalized for not having enough people; and it's really not that much of a penalty having to buy back the unusable PTO.  Its cheaper than paying the overhead costs on another employee.  Versus a severe penalty (lost wages) pushed down to the employee for no fault of his own.

"Use it or lose it!"

"You wouldn't let me use it"

"Sucks to be you"  *chuckles*
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2021, 03:13:53 PM »
I would simply make sure you request vacation multiple times during the year and force them to reject it.  Then you have some proof in your pocket.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2021, 06:11:37 PM »
A T-Bone sounds really good right now

No. 3: Meat is a symbol of white-male privilege

According to Carol Adams, a feminist-vegan advocate and author of the book The Sexual Politics of Meat, the myth that you need meat for strength is “traceable to this intersection of colonialism, white supremacy, and masculinity.”

Historically, Adams says red meat was a luxury reserved for aristocrats, who, at the turn of the 19th century, were largely male and white. The bourgeois didn’t hunt or raise the cattle they ate; servants and peasants did all the physical work, though they themselves couldn’t afford to eat meat on a regular basis.

Regardless, Europeans upheld the concept that meat equals strength, masculinity, and ultimately, superiority. Adams notes that the English bragged about how they were able to colonize India because their soldiers ate red meat unlike the native men. She also mentions that in World War II, the US and UK rationed meat at home so that soldiers on the front lines would have more fuel for the fight. The governments also launched a victory-garden initiative using propaganda that featured only women planting and harvesting vegetables.

People think beef is manly, and that’s a big problem
https://www.popsci.com/meat-masculinity-stereotype/?taid=60afcdc93a2a2b0001c90fce&utm_campaign=trueanthem_manual&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2021, 08:21:42 PM »
Everyone knows only northern European men ever thought eating meat was a good idea. Hunting game animals for meat was unknown to Africans. Or the American or Australian aborigines. Or Chinamen.  =)

Oh, I just realized why the wet markets are no longer to blame for Covid. The Chinese are all vegetarians, obviously.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2021, 02:12:13 PM »
Earthquake warning signs to be posted on buildings in Portland, OR.  I am not all that surprised.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/07/naacp-portland-earthquake-policy-white-supremacy-racism/
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #135 on: June 07, 2021, 05:24:54 PM »
Add "Anti-fatness" to the long long list

Anti-fatness is a perpetuation and enforcement of white supremacist beauty standards. It’s not harmless and it didn’t develop in a vacuum. https://t.co/R1UdGhCgPA

— sarah kelly (@thesarahkelly) June 7, 2021

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/06/07/oh-honey-blue-check-claims-anti-fatness-is-perpetuated-by-white-supremacy-and-receives-so-much-pushback-she-deletes-and-locks-but-we-got-it/
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2021, 12:07:45 AM »
Everyone knows only northern European men ever thought eating meat was a good idea . . .
I don't think it was northern European men who savored a dish called Long Pig.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2021, 12:31:29 AM »
I don't think it was northern European men who savored a dish called Long Pig.

Now you're otherizing cannibals. For shame.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2021, 11:56:29 AM »
Now you're otherizing cannibals. For shame.
Cannibals can be inclusive - they even eat food with a familiar name.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2021, 08:12:53 PM »
yoga and everything

The book explores the existence of white supremacy and cultural appropriation in American yoga. “I would venture to say that everything in our collective society is rooted in white supremacy. I am sure there are many people who would disagree with that, and honestly I don’t care because I believe that and I know it’s the case,” she says.

“I think that we see it show up in a lot of different ways. In the same way it’s everywhere else and it has polluted everything else, it’s polluted yoga. It’s very much a part of how yoga has spread in America. The popularity of yoga really came down to wealthy white people wanting to learn and explore in a very specific way, and that’s why yoga has been so white for so long in America.”

Detailing the cultural appropriation in yoga, Stanley says it’s “rampant because we are still living in the legacy of colonization.”

Yahoo News: Yoga instructor and body activist believes yoga has been polluted by white supremacy
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/06/09/yahoo-news-yoga-instructor-and-body-activist-believes-yoga-has-been-polluted-by-white-supremacy/

- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2021, 11:26:25 PM »
That's a bit of a stretch.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #141 on: June 11, 2021, 09:27:19 AM »
Reporting a rape.

A lawyer today accused Oxfam of suggesting reporting rape is 'contemptible' after a training document said 'privileged white women' were supporting the 'root causes of sexual violence' for wanting offenders jailed because it disproportionately affects minorities.

The charity, which has been hit by a slew of sex scandals including claims that employees used teenage prostitutes in Haiti, compiled the PowerPoint presentation through its LGBT network after the group complained to bosses that the debate about women's rights was part of a 'patriarchal and white supremacist narrative'. 

Accompanied by a cartoon of a crying white woman, the PowerPoint claims that mainstream feminism supports 'the root causes of sexual violence' by painting white women as 'victims' and that this in turn justifies excessive punishment for 'black and other marginalised people'.
'The message seems to be a woman who reports rape is a contemptible white feminist': Outrage at Oxfam staff training document blaming 'privileged white women' over root causes of sexual violence
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9671555/Oxfam-staff-training-document-blames-privileged-white-women.html

‘WTAF is this lunacy?!’ British charity Oxfam calls white women who report being raped ‘privileged’ and reporting their attacker ‘white supremacy’
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/06/11/wtaf-is-this-lunacy-british-charity-oxfam-calls-white-women-who-report-being-raped-privileged-and-reporting-their-attacker-white-supremacy/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #142 on: June 11, 2021, 10:30:09 AM »
Race hustlers vs Feminazis. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2021, 07:31:52 PM »
That's a bit of a stretch.

Well done, sir.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2021, 07:32:53 PM »
Reporting a rape.
'The message seems to be a woman who reports rape is a contemptible white feminist': Outrage at Oxfam staff training document blaming 'privileged white women' over root causes of sexual violence
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9671555/Oxfam-staff-training-document-blames-privileged-white-women.html

‘WTAF is this lunacy?!’ British charity Oxfam calls white women who report being raped ‘privileged’ and reporting their attacker ‘white supremacy’
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/06/11/wtaf-is-this-lunacy-british-charity-oxfam-calls-white-women-who-report-being-raped-privileged-and-reporting-their-attacker-white-supremacy/

Yeah, garbage in; garbage out. The Left starts with crazy ideas and poor assumptions, and just snowballs until they've gone full plaid.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2021, 02:08:15 AM »
Race hustlers vs Feminazis.

I'll have a meteor.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2021, 02:02:44 PM »
It's not enough for people like Tom Hanks to be non-racist they must be anti-racist

NPR critic thinks ‘it’s time for Tom Hanks to be antiracist’ and do more to dismantle ‘ideas of white American exceptionalism and heroism’ in film
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/06/14/npr-critic-thinks-its-time-for-tom-hanks-to-be-antiracist-and-do-more-to-dismantle-ideas-of-white-american-exceptionalism-and-heroism-in-film/
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 06:00:15 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2021, 09:51:39 PM »
It's not enough for people like Tom Hanks to be non-racist they must be anti-racist

NPR critic thinks ‘it’s time for Tom Hanks to be antiracist’ and do more to dismantle ‘ideas of white American exceptionalism and heroism’ in film
https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/06/14/npr-critic-thinks-its-time-for-tom-hanks-to-be-antiracist-and-do-more-to-dismantle-ideas-of-white-american-exceptionalism-and-heroism-in-film/

LOL we must fight racism by attacking the achievements of a particular race. And people buy this nonsense.  ;/

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2021, 12:56:52 AM »
LOL we must fight racism by attacking the achievements of a particular race. And people buy this nonsense.  ;/

Just like when it was no longer enough to just tolerate the Bolsheviks and Nazis, but instead you had to be an active supporter or it was to the camps with you.