Author Topic: New shingles vaccine side effects, wowzer!  (Read 666 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
New shingles vaccine side effects, wowzer!
« on: March 27, 2021, 01:54:39 PM »
I got the shingles vaccine Thursday at the VA.  Wow does it have side effects, and I had them all.  Still have some of it going on today 2 days later. 

https://www.shingrix.com/discover-shingrix.html?cc=ps_V36T48BCJX691867&mcm=10010&gclid=CjwKCAjwr_uCBhAFEiwAX8YJgdfFijlG7g_-SofrjLpy3AIMRAKxasD3FJvMsPd2ir0M5sooddIIUxoCRKMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: New shingles vaccine side effects, wowzer!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 04:42:34 PM »
I only had two side effects from my first Shingrex does...

Injection site was hot and very sore for a couple of days, but the big one was gout in my left big toe.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 05:27:38 PM »
I got the Shingrix vaccine from the VA last year. I don't recall any side effects at all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 11:40:01 AM »
I got the Shingrix vaccine from the VA last year. I don't recall any side effects at all.

That is how this stuff works.  Some folks say they got nothing and others get it all.  Same way with Covid, and the vaccine.  I don't tolerate meds well to begin with, and even taking vitamins upsets my stomach.  Right now I am still woozy 4 days later, but we also have everything in the world blooming at the same time.  With the wind blowing at 15-20 I can't even go outside now. Sucks!

erik the bold

• friend
  • Bite my shiney metal....
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 05:13:10 PM »
Had the vaccination about a year ago and don't recall any side effects
"Belief" is the acceptance of a hypothesis in the absence of data.
"Prejudice" is having an opinion not supported by the preponderance of the data.
"Knowledge" is only found through the accumulation and analysis of data.
The plural of anecdote is not "data"

NOTICE: Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot.
BY ORDER OF THE AUTHOR

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 05:31:27 PM »
I only had two side effects from my first Shingrex does...

Injection site was hot and very sore for a couple of days, but the big one was gout in my left big toe.

Man you have my sympathies.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2021, 09:29:08 AM »
It wasn't pleasant, but once I realized what was going on I got a quart of 100% cherry juice, downed it, then got some sour cherry extract capsules from Amazon, and that really seemed to knock it out pretty quickly. I kept taking those through the second shot. Come to think if it, that was almost exactly a year ago.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 09:31:32 AM »
Here's one of the articles I read on Shingrix and gout -- and it's not the only vaccine that's been linked to gout flares.

Of the two issues -- shingles and gout -- gout was FAR easier to deal with. It wasn't pleasant, but even the relatively mild case of shingles I had (because I got on it pretty quickly) was hell on earth for about 2 weeks, and I'm still having issues over a year later.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2021, 10:10:28 AM »
Damn, I guess I should consider this vax as well now that I’m 56......smh

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2021, 10:11:16 AM »
It wasn't pleasant, but once I realized what was going on I got a quart of 100% cherry juice, downed it, then got some sour cherry extract capsules from Amazon, and that really seemed to knock it out pretty quickly. I kept taking those through the second shot. Come to think if it, that was almost exactly a year ago.

When I have had a flare up, I have knocked it down with baking soda mixed in water.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2021, 10:17:47 AM »
When I have had a flare up, I have knocked it down with baking soda mixed in water.

I've heard of baking soda and water for shingles, but it sounds as if you're saying you're using it to treat gout?

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 12:11:33 PM »
I've heard of baking soda and water for shingles, but it sounds as if you're saying you're using it to treat gout?

Yes, but you have to watch your blood pressure.  Sent you a PM.

ConstitutionCowboy

• friend
  • My Gender and Pronouns are Standard.
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2021, 02:06:18 PM »
Side effects from a vaccine? Do you serious?

Another reason not to take a vaccine until there is an effective antidote.  :old:

(Yes, that is semi-serious, semi facetious, and totally anecdotal.)

Woody
   "Knowing the past, I'll not surrender any arms and march less prepared into the future."   B.E.Wood