Author Topic: Primary Arms GLx 2X Prism?  (Read 909 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Primary Arms GLx 2X Prism?
« on: March 29, 2021, 03:36:52 PM »
Does anyone here have one or have experience with them? I just watched this Garand Thumb video:

https://youtu.be/h5lpXUASSs4

He seems to really like it, and his mention of its benefit to "ageing eyes" has me very interested. On red dots, I've been going to circle/dot models because they are just easier for me to pick up. This prism uses the ACSS reticle, which I think is cool. Maybe not something for an AR pistol and the like that might be used in the house, but I'm interested in this for a rifle.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-glx-2x-prism-scope-with-acss-cqb-m5-5-56-reticle
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Lennyjoe

• friend
Re: Primary Arms GLx 2X Prism?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 03:51:51 PM »
I had one on an AR for a minute but the prism site was a bit much for me and my old eyesight.  I exchanged it for a more simple reticle.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 05:01:02 PM »
I had one on an AR for a minute but the prism site was a bit much for me and my old eyesight.  I exchanged it for a more simple reticle.

That's interesting, Garand Thumb was suggesting it would be better for eye  issues. Of course his aren't eyes aren't old, so what does he know?  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 09:41:32 PM »
I have one.  I like them.  The size is smaller than a lot of scopes, more like a red dot in size.  Some of their prism scopes are a bit big.  The reticle is precise and easy to use.  I do think the 2X gives you a little extra help focusing on the target and you can still keep both eyes open if you want.  The illuminated reticle at least gives you the option of low light function. 

I just put it on my VZ58.  I will dig up a picture.  Got a 2" group out of a couple groups I shot once I got it zeroed at 100 yards.   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 10:02:34 PM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 09:45:05 PM »
This mount sits far enough back for the left handed bolt.  The eye piece is almost a little close off the bench, but it wasn't so close it bothered me. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 09:50:42 PM »
This is the 3X Prism scope.  I am not sure if you can tell, but it is a bit larger than the 2X.  I thought it was a bit large to work on the VZ 58. 
I think it works well on the CMMG Mutant 7.62x39.

They have a 5X, but it is even larger. 

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 11:27:05 PM »
Thanks for the pics and info! I was looking at the 2X just to I guess get some low magnification but still have some field of view for engaging maybe 20 yards and out. I thought it might go on my MK116 or my M1-A. Though I ordered the PA ACSS 1-8x scope as well, and that will arrive Thursday. I was going to play with that on both rifles as well.