Author Topic: Secret Life of Machines still around  (Read 346 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Secret Life of Machines still around
« on: March 29, 2021, 09:34:30 AM »
One of my favorite show from the early days of Discovery Channel was a British import called Secret Life of Machines hosted by tinkerer Tim Hunkin. If you haven't seen it, it was a British TV series that explores how things work in a wonderfully oddball way.

Well, come to find out Hunkin is still around. He has his own YouTube channel and is producing new "Secret Life of... " content..

https://www.youtube.com/user/timhunkin1

His explanations are broadly overarching but they serve perfectly well to get general points across. He's still as delightfully oddball as ever, albeit with a bit less hair and a few more wrinkles. Hunkin's dry delivery, hands on approach, and occasional intellectual "wink and nudge" to the viewer make the overall presentation a decently enjoyable and educational way to spend 30 to 45 minutes. He even has the original shows remastered and posted to the channel.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Secret Life of Machines still around
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2021, 10:01:54 AM »
Oh *expletive deleted*it, I LOVED that show!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.