Author Topic: Guns in America: Ending the Culture War & Starting a Productive Conversation  (Read 540 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Guns in America: Ending the Culture War & Starting a Productive Conversation
Open Letter By Dan Gross, Former President of The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence & Rob Pincus
https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/guns-in-america-ending-the-culture-war-starting-a-productive-conversation/#axzz6qPSCfJQY

I don't know a whole lot about Rob Pincus, but I thought he was a pretty solid 2nd Amendment guy.  I have seen and heard parts of this article today and I am surprised he put his name on it.  I don't know if this means much, but I thought I would share it. 

Ammoland also has this editorial. 
Huh? Gun Activist Calls For Expanded Background Checks, Then Says He Didn’t
https://www.ammoland.com/2021/03/huh-gun-activist-calls-for-expanded-background-checks-then-says-he-didnt/

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Dan Gross can ingest a satchel of richards. He has time and time again proven himself to be a lying sack of excrement. If he told me the sky was blue I'd check it myself.

I'm also of the opinion that Pincus should share the same fate as Zumbo.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
*expletive deleted*ck Pincus that surrender monkey fuckweasel. Not the first time he’s showed his coward ass self either
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cordex

• Administrator
I’m sure if we had expanded background checks that at that point the anti-gun lobby would be satisfied and would stop any further efforts at pushing any additional gun control measures.

That completely makes sense.

MechAg94

• friend
I hadn't even heard of this, but Hank Strange spent most of his show tonight talking about it.  I think their opinion was he was getting paid by someone.  Lots of corporate buzzwords and double speak. 

Hank thought the language was some of that closet racist language, but I guess one could take it different ways. 

Together, we can cut the number of gun-involved deaths in our country in half and make all of us safer, just by keeping guns from the people we all agree should not have them (i.e., people who are a danger to themselves or others).
Who are those people?  Actual criminals?  We already have laws against that.  Someone else you don't like?

And the talk about "responsible gun owners".  Nice term, but who defines what or who is responsible?  IMO, the only way to support this is to assume the law will walk a fine line without restricting my rights.  However, I know today's politicians have no idea how to walk that line.  No amount of good intentions would prevent a gross violation of our gun rights. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
This was going around Instagram a lot.