Author Topic: Rhode Island?  (Read 744 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Rhode Island?
« on: March 30, 2021, 11:47:22 AM »
Of all places, Rhode Island has introduced legislation to prohibit public institutions from teacing critical race theory.

https://twitter.com/realchrisrufo/status/1376913452019675140

I viewed Rhose Island as a bastion of liberal idiocy. Perhaps there is a shred of sanity remaining there after all.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: Rhode Island?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2021, 02:11:19 PM »

I'm beginning to think every tinpot little governing entity has finally caught on to the concept that even the most outrageous rules/laws/strictures they enact are enforceable laws until a Court deems otherwise, and that few people have the time or money to contest them.

Moreover, in general, one has to be found guilty of the "offense" in the first place to have standing to seek redress in the courts.

Pretty little racket, eh?

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 06:40:34 PM by 230RN »

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Rhode Island?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2021, 02:53:24 PM »
I'm beginning to think every tinpot little governing entity has finally caught on to the concept that even the most outrageous rules/laws/strictures they enact are enforceable laws until a Court deems otherwise, and that few people have the time or money to contest them.

Moreover, in general, one has to be found guilty of the "offense" in the first place to have standing to seek redress in the courts.

Pretty little racket, eh?

Terry, 230RN

I blame HOAs for starting all this (partial kidding.)
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.