Author Topic: NBC's Lester Holt: "Fairness is overrated."  (Read 784 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
NBC's Lester Holt: "Fairness is overrated."
« on: April 01, 2021, 10:11:30 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbc-news-lester-holt-truth-fairness-overrated

"I think it’s become clear that fairness is overrated ... the idea that we should always give two sides equal weight and merit does not reflect the world we find ourselves in," Holt said on Tuesday night while accepting an award at the 45th Murrow Symposium.

They're not even trying to hide their bias.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

grampster

• friend
Re: NBC's Lester Holt: "Fairness is overrated."
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 10:30:02 AM »
Interesting article, though not surprising when discussing MSM talking heads.  MSM, in my view, have betrayed the American public by not being the vehicle to expose government corruption as they should.  That job is the whole concept behind the freedom of the press...pure and simple.  That loss of character and honesty of being the seekers of truth has caused them to lose the trust of millions of Americans to our detriment.
If America falls apart, the major reason would be the betrayal of the MSM.  We have survived corrupt politicians and business people.  I wonder if we survive a corrupt MSM.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 10:41:17 AM »
This is news? ? ? ? ?  ;/

I knew this  years decades ago.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 11:23:18 AM »
He just enunciated the case for the news no longer being news driven, but 100% opinion driven.

And yet they scream bloody murder when they perceive it to be the case when a conservative outlet is doing that.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 12:01:07 PM »
He just enunciated the case for the news no longer being news driven, but 100% opinion driven.

And yet they scream bloody murder when they perceive it to be the case when a conservative outlet is doing that.
Yeah, fairness is only overrated when their are the ones deciding what is said.  If someone else it doing it, well that isn't fair. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 12:11:57 PM »
The news has been phony and corrupt all along.

It's good so many normies now know (thank you DJT) and that the media are actually admitting it publicly on occasion.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 12:19:26 PM »
I would actually agree that fairness certainly is overrated in opinion media.

But that isn't supposed to be the role of news reporting, is it?

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 05:07:34 PM »
So he agrees with Biden's statement: “We Choose Truth Over Facts”.  I think for the MSM the meaning of the word truth is evolving to mean "what we believe".
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 05:20:18 PM »
So he agrees with Biden's statement: “We Choose Truth Over Facts”.  I think for the MSM the meaning of the word truth is evolving to mean "what we believe".

Which I guess is why the ridiculous phrase, "speak your truth" is so popular among the left.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."