Armed Polite Society

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

R.I.P. Scout26

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Resident Alien on SyFy  (Read 1310 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Resident Alien on SyFy
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2021, 10:16:21 AM »

I hope we get a season 2.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2021, 10:21:51 AM »

I hope we get a season 2.

It has been confirmed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2021, 10:22:10 AM »

I will start over when I get back to MN; maybe watch it with Wife.  I've seen the first 3 or 4 episodes, but even tho' I have a cable subscription I can't get the newer episodes at syfy.com here -- probably because I'm not on my home cable network.
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2021, 11:07:20 AM »

Today's "seasons" are WAY too short - I remember when a "season" had dozens of episodes.

The final episode actually made the alien a more sympathetic character.

SPOILER BELOW IN TINY WHITE FONT!

It turns out the doctor the alien killed and whose identity he subsequently assumed was actually the person who murdered the town doctor by poisoning his insulin. So the alien killed a killer.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Those who work for a living are being BURIED by those who vote for a living.
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2021, 12:17:04 PM »

Today's "seasons" are WAY too short - I remember when a "season" had dozens of episodes.

The final episode actually made the alien a more sympathetic character.

SPOILER BELOW IN TINY WHITE FONT!

Yes, that was a nice twist.

Also, yes on the seasons. I was mad when everyone started doing 13 episode seasons. Now they are down to 10. Pretty soon we'll be like the Brits, with six episode seasons, with new seasons every couple of years. Hollywood is fat and lazy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2021, 05:28:57 PM »

Yes, that was a nice twist.

Also, yes on the seasons. I was mad when everyone started doing 13 episode seasons. Now they are down to 10. Pretty soon we'll be like the Brits, with six episode seasons, with new seasons every couple of years. Hollywood is fat and lazy.
On the other hand, Hollywood is also full of crappy writers.  If they can't write more "good" episodes, more won't be better.
It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.  ― Calvin Coolidge

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2021, 09:06:41 AM »

I stopped watching it when they started charging for it. . . .
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht
Pages: 1 2 [3]