Author Topic: Anybody know anything about renting camper van RVs?  (Read 457 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Anybody know anything about renting camper van RVs?
« on: April 04, 2021, 10:58:14 AM »
Thinking about driving our car part of the way across the country and renting a small camper van somewhere between Minneapolis and Spokane Washington, spending a few days parked at our daughter and son in law’s Moses lake place (they don’t have much room at the little cabin but there is room to park a small RV). My wife says she will never sleep in a tent again.
I’ve looked online and there is a plethora of pages not at all helpful. Some are crazy expensive. Lot of tow units. Is there a national franchise for rentals with a hood reputation? Any experience?
Thanks
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Anybody know anything about renting camper van RVs?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 12:12:54 PM »
I haven't used them, but Cruise America has been around for at least a decade, probably longer. I've seen their units at various places over the years and they always look clean and in good repair on the outside. I've never seen how they look on the inside.

https://www.cruiseamerica.com/

Wikipedia says they've been around since 1972 and have 52% of the RV rental market.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_America
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 03:25:18 PM »
I believe there is an RV rental in Spokane. You could get it there and then it is only a short drive to Moses Lake.
ob
b

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 03:38:04 PM »
I believe there is an RV rental in Spokane. You could get it there and then it is only a short drive to Moses Lake.
ob
b
That would make a lot of sense. Most of what I’m seeing is twice the cost of a motel room per night and our car gets 34 mpg.
We want a relaxing week vacation but also to look around Moses lake for ourselves. There is a lot sort of off market available across from the family if we decided to act on something. The owner told my SIL it could be available but not to just anybody. SIL is on good terms with the owner.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 10:03:35 PM »
Here in Ky there are people who will deliver a rental unit to a specified location and pick it up when you are done staying in it.  I see them on Facebook Marketplace.  Your relatives might be able to have one delivered and picked up for you to stay in while you are there.  I don't know the West Coast market so I don't have a clue the cost of such a rental service.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 10:26:54 PM »
That would make a lot of sense. Most of what I’m seeing is twice the cost of a motel room per night and our car gets 34 mpg.
We want a relaxing week vacation but also to look around Moses lake for ourselves. There is a lot sort of off market available across from the family if we decided to act on something. The owner told my SIL it could be available but not to just anybody. SIL is on good terms with the owner.

WA state? - a hundred miles east you could be in a free state.