Author Topic: Sotomayor says she's tired  (Read 218 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Sotomayor says she's tired
« on: January 31, 2024, 03:26:33 AM »
If you ever thought the Supreme Court isn't political, Ms. Sotomayor has put that notion to rest.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/30/news/sotomayor-tired-from-demanding-scotus-workload-i-live-in-frustration/

She alluded to those conservative victories during her discussion with UC Berkeley Law Dean Erwin Chemerinsky.

“I live in frustration. Every loss truly traumatizes me in my stomach and in my heart,” Sotomayor admitted, per the report.

“But I have to get up the next morning and keep on fighting.”

News flash for Ms. Sotomayor: The Supreme Court isn't about winning or losing -- it's supposed to be about deciding what laws are constitutional and what laws are not constitutional. If it's constitutional, tough cookies if you don't like the result. Suck it up, Buttercup.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Sotomayor says she's tired
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2024, 06:30:23 AM »
I was about to say something about heat and kitchens but with a certain twist that would offend sensibilities... so instead let's just ask what ever happened to YOU have to rise to the job, not lower the job to you?

Her whole SJW appointment was sour from the get go. She went in with a personal ideological agenda and was very vocal about it. Now she throws a hissy fit because she isn't getting her way oh brother ;/
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2024, 07:53:33 AM »
Proof that this self-described "wise Latina" isn't nearly as wise as she thinks she is.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 08:07:08 AM »
Saw something last night about some calling on her to not pull a RBG and step down now while Biden is still in the WH and the dems can still get her replacement in in the senate
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2024, 08:17:07 AM »
Subverting the Constitution is a hard job. No wonder she's tired.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2024, 09:49:01 AM »
I have sympathy for her due to her life circumstances (type 1 diabetes).

This, no. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.