Author Topic: Shooting at Ft Detrick MD  (Read 1221 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Shooting at Ft Detrick MD
« on: April 06, 2021, 10:49:04 AM »
US Navy confirms 'active shooter incident' at Fort Detrick; says US sailors were involved.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/us-navy-confirms-active-shooter-incident-fort-detrick-76899302

Not much more out there, breaking story
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Shooting at Ft Detrick MD
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 12:29:04 PM »
Place your bets:

1. Domestic dispute / love triangle
2. Foreign national / radical religion, working on base, did not have to penetrate security
3. Younger person with personality / mental issues finally goes nuts
4. Flat out terrorism
5. Flat out racist attack

Those are my picks, in order of likelyhood.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2021, 12:31:40 PM »
NRA-backed white privilege racism.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2021, 12:32:43 PM »
WTOP (DC news radio) update:

https://wtop.com/frederick-county/2021/04/shooting-frederick/

Navy Corpsman shot other sailors
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 12:49:00 PM »
The actual shooting (in which two people were wounded) did not take place at Fort Detrick. After the shooting, the shooter drove to Fort Detrick and was killed there.

I'm leaning toward either domestic incident, or love triangle. Looking for more information. So far, what I have is that two people were wounded (seriously) at a business park near the base. So the incident is not a "mass shooting" or a "mass murder," irrespective of how much the mass media disinformation machine tries to promote it as such.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 02:13:19 PM »
NRA-backed white privilege racism.

With a red MAGA hat on top
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2021, 02:40:48 PM »
The most reliable news agency in the world, The Babylon Bee, is reporting that all red baseball caps have been banned by the Commissioner Commissar of Major League Baseball.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2021, 05:34:07 PM »
Those dastardly WHIIIPEEEPO again more than likely.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 11:47:30 AM »
Sure is quiet today.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 11:51:37 AM »
They must be investigating the investigation.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 10:45:56 AM »
It's going in the memory hole as we speak. The demographics don't align with the agenda.

https://www.voanews.com/usa/medic-who-shot-2-us-sailors-was-assigned-medical-research-center
I promise not to duck.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 10:54:46 AM »
Speculation:  He was trying to gather equipment and other supplies to make a bio weapon that he could use at a later date.  He got caught in the act and fled to the Army base where he was killed.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 12:31:47 PM »
Speculation:  He was trying to gather equipment and other supplies to make a bio weapon that he could use at a later date.  He got caught in the act and fled to the Army base where he was killed.

Doubt they store the good stuff so accessible. I would like to hear his cultural and religious affiliations. Here is one thing that is 100% certain. He was a crap sack. Joined the military when he was as 29. Nine years later he’s an E-4? Took me 13 months and that’s because the command sat on my meritorious promotion as long as possible to make sure they got their dishwashing time out of me. He was about to go home, ten years is as far as you can go as an E-4.
AKA Navy Joe   

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 12:40:26 PM »
Yeah, I made E-4 in the Reserves in 2 years.  It aint rocket surgery.

Maybe he was pissed off at his pending separation?  Who knows?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 01:24:09 PM »
Yup 9 years and still(again?) an E-4. Either a complete shitbag or he got busted at least once.
I put on E-6 in just over 5 years.
Any reports on his ethnic origin? Native born citizen? Naturalized?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 01:47:28 PM »
This comes from federalpay.org...

"E-4 is the 4th enlisted paygrade in the United States military, with monthly basic pay ranging from $2,262.60 for an entry-level E-4 to $2,746.50 per month for E-4 personnel with over 40 years of experience. "

How the hell do you have 40 years experience in an E-4 position?

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 06:49:04 PM »

"E-4 is the 4th enlisted paygrade in the United States military, with monthly basic pay ranging from $2,262.60 for an entry-level E-4 to $2,746.50 per month for E-4 personnel with over 40 years of experience. "

There's a pic I can't currently find,  of the rear window of a pickup.  It has a progression of USMC rank insignia, from PFC to SGT,  back to PFC, to CPL,  back to LCPL..  I think the punchline was "builds character"

>:D
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 07:07:17 PM »
Doubt they store the good stuff so accessible. I would like to hear his cultural and religious affiliations. Here is one thing that is 100% certain. He was a crap sack. Joined the military when he was as 29. Nine years later he’s an E-4? Took me 13 months and that’s because the command sat on my meritorious promotion as long as possible to make sure they got their dishwashing time out of me. He was about to go home, ten years is as far as you can go as an E-4.

He may have been a total shytebird but IIRC the last many cycles to advance to HM3 has been full of suckage, so bad that some cycles only advanced 1% or so of those eligible so you may very well see some senior E4s (HM3). If nothing else he chose poorly when it came to his rating. With high year tenure in his very near future he may have just been pissed. Pissed enough to shoot his LPO and the other sailor because he was there and then off to let the Army kill him. So many things about this we will never know, unless he left a detailed note and it somehow sees the light of day.

bob

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 07:51:11 PM »
I came out an E4, at the cusp of eligibility to make E5 in 78. My 1st duty station drug their feet on my E3 promotion or I would have come out an E5 in 3.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2021, 08:06:40 PM »

Oh, come on! He was a HERO!

Woldesenbet was awarded a Good Conduct Medal, a National Defense Service Medal and a Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, his record shows.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2021, 08:24:01 PM »
Woldesenbet was awarded a Good Conduct Medal, a National Defense Service Medal and a Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, his record shows.

I wonder the accuracy of that. When I was in the Good Conduct was given every 4 years, in the not to distant past they made it every 3 years. Either way he is missing one or two (at least one) which makes me think there was a disciplinary action in his past.

bob

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2021, 08:48:57 PM »

The pay charts go that far, despite the fact that it's virtually impossible to get to 40 as an E4. Unless, as has been mentioned, you get busted down right before they show you the door.

Also, if I recall correctly you max out E4 pay after 12 years Time In Service anyway. There is also High Year Tenure a.k.a get up or get out.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2021, 08:51:01 PM »
I wonder the accuracy of that. When I was in the Good Conduct was given every 4 years, in the not to distant past they made it every 3 years. Either way he is missing one or two (at least one) which makes me think there was a disciplinary action in his past.

bob

I wouldn't put it past the source to not know or omit how may oak leaf clusters may have been associated with the ribbon. But the National Defense and GWOT are for having a pulse.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2021, 09:56:29 AM »
Some of those wacky pay scales may come into play with weird situations of inactive reservists or something. I got in trouble because some sensitive reservist overheard my monologue on fat, lazy and reservists. And they whined to an authoritah. Well, they missed the part where I was a reservist too and just telling the truth of my kind.
AKA Navy Joe   

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2021, 10:56:22 AM »
I wouldn't put it past the source to not know or omit how may oak leaf clusters may have been associated with the ribbon. But the National Defense and GWOT are for having a pulse.

I thought the National Defense ribbon was for surviving Basic Training.