Author Topic: Ninth Circuit court is at it again....  (Read 462 times)

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
Ninth Circuit court is at it again....
« on: April 08, 2021, 10:08:00 AM »
This is the bulk of an email I received from NAGR.  I am not promoting any specific pro 2A group.  I deleted any personal references but the remainder is their wording not mine.

Dear,

I’m afraid I have bad news for you.

On top of all the other Second Amendment attacks going on in Congress, a federal appeals court just dealt a MAJOR blow to the Second Amendment this week.

Specifically -- the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals just ruled that you have NO RIGHT to carry a gun beyond your front door.

Outrageous.

So what caused the Ninth Circuit to make this ridiculous ruling?

This case, Young v. Hawaii, is a challenge to Hawaii’s de facto ban on carrying a firearm openly.

The opinion -- written by a Bush-appointed judge -- completely TRAMPLES the Second Amendment!

Here’s what they said:
“There is no right to carry arms openly in public; nor is any such right within the scope of the Second Amendment.”

In 2016, the same court said there’s no Second Amendment right to carry concealed, and you now have NO federal judicial protection for carrying guns beyond your threshold in the states in the Ninth Circuit.

As the three dissenting judges put it, the Ninth Circuit:
“decided that the Second Amendment does not mean what it says.”
So what are the broader implications for this ruling?

It means that if you live in California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Arizona, Alaska, or Hawaii -- you’re at the mercy of state gun grabbers, at least as far as public carry is concerned.

This is the first federal Court of Appeals to decide that the Second Amendment doesn’t apply to public carry -- but if you and I don’t act quickly, it won’t be the last.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Ninth Circuit court is at it again....
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 12:31:59 AM »
It hurts but it stands against other decisions and might easily be overturned upon appeal.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 12:38:59 AM »
NAGR is not a legitimate civil rights org.  Just an FYI for anyone new to them.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 07:12:26 AM »
9th Circuit is no friend to the Constitution