Author Topic: BLM at the Olympics  (Read 907 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
BLM at the Olympics
« on: June 28, 2021, 09:06:22 AM »
The BLM *expletive deleted*it show has started at the Olympic trials

SportsCenter
@SportsCenter
As the national anthem played while Gwen Berry was on the podium after qualifying for the Olympics, she turned away from the flag and draped a T-shirt with the words "Activist Athlete" over her head.

She felt the timing of the anthem was "a setup": https://es.pn/2SwvtPN

Olympian Gwen Berry says she’s ‘pissed’ and it was ‘disrespectful’ to play the national anthem while she was on the medal stand
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/06/27/olympian-gwen-berry-says-shes-pissed-and-it-was-disrespectful-to-play-the-national-anthem-while-she-was-on-the-medal-stand/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 09:56:19 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: BLM at the Olympics
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 09:18:45 AM »
Typical ghetto attitude. "It's all about ME. You gotta show me the respect I think I'm due."

She deserves no respect, and she should not be allowed to represent the United States in the Olympics, or any other international competition. People who believe in that National Anthem have allowed her to flourish and to make it to that position in her sprt. Why doesn't she show a little respect for them?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 09:27:40 AM »
I'm trying hard to care about this athlete's antics and how she may reflect on the US in Tokyo, but I am failing.

When you have to genuinely ask if the women's medalist is a woman, someone trying to plagiarize Tommie Smith isn't even on my RADAR.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2021, 09:35:18 AM »

When you have to genuinely ask if the women's medalist is a woman,

Heh, that was my first thought.

I don't really care much about the Olympics anymore, and generally try to ignore people like that soccer lesbian as unimportant to my world. At some point though, I get a little irritated at people like this, and the other one that wants to burn the flag if she gets a medal.

Like some actors, these people are just narcissists wanting attention, and they should study up on the countries of some of their competitors.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2021, 09:53:00 AM »
She won’t be on the podium in Tokyo so no one cares.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 01:38:33 PM »
Apparently doesn't expect the anthem to be played, even though she's representing... the United States.

Not unlike the whining from all of the little shits during Gulf War I...

I joined the military to learn a trade! I didn't join to fight in a war!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 02:12:28 PM »
She can always be on the Black Hammer Nation team.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 02:23:18 PM »
My gosh, look at how long those eyelashes are!

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 10:23:52 AM »
FRONT LINE AGENTS FOR THE PLANNED CONVERSION STORM

Ben said,

"Like some actors, these people are just narcissists wanting attention, and they should study up on the countries of some of their competitors."

No, these people are actually front-line agents for their planned Conversion Storm, so don't dismiss them so charitably.

The designed strategy is for these agents to create as much confusion and discontent as they can so people will not know which side they prefer. At that point, change, any change, especially toward the well-prepared and highly polished Communist option, will seem like a fresh breeze after a heat wave.

Narcissism may play a role, but becoming a Commissar or Gauleiter or Block Captain or any position above Proletarian  is what they're after.

I think the really rich ones are vying for Emperorhood.

Terry, 230RN

Edited for housekeeping
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 02:03:21 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2021, 11:38:01 AM »
She was protesting the overt white supremacy on display because she, a Black woman, was beaten in this Olympic trial by not one but two White women.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2021, 01:08:32 PM »
Apparently doesn't expect the anthem to be played, even though she's representing... the United States.

Not unlike the whining from all of the little shits during Gulf War I...

I joined the military to learn a trade! I didn't join to fight in a war!

I had some sniveling senior airman actually say that in 2006 during premob training.  Like, dude, you joined during not one, but two active wars.  What the hell did you think you would be doing?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2021, 10:03:08 AM »
Is there any other country that would tolerate this sort of behavior from "athletes" who are suppose to be representing their country?

Richard Grenell spars with U.S. Soccer over the national anthem at the USWNT’s send-off match on Sunday
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2021/07/06/richard-grenell-spars-with-u-s-soccer-over-the-national-anthem-at-the-uswnts-send-off-match-on-sunday/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2021, 10:30:59 AM »
https://www.today.com/tmrw/olympics-bans-swim-caps-cater-black-athletes-natural-hair-t224404
Olympics bans swim caps preferred by Black athletes with natural hair

Swim Caps for Thick, Curly Hair Not Allowed at Olympics
https://www.voanews.com/east-asia-pacific/swim-caps-thick-curly-hair-not-allowed-olympics

Soul Cap, a British company that makes swim caps to support swimmers with diverse hairstyles, is speaking out after it said the the governing body for water sports competitions did not certify its caps for the Olympics.

"We hoped to further our work for diversity in swimming by having our swim caps certified for competition, so swimmers at any level don’t have to choose between the sport they love and their hair," the company wrote in a statement posted on Instagram.

Apparently the F-ing Olympic Games is not important enough to bother trimming you hair.  They must accommodate you. 
I figure this is a very small issue that someone decided to put on the internet to see if it gained interest.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2021, 11:24:57 AM »
https://www.today.com/tmrw/olympics-bans-swim-caps-cater-black-athletes-natural-hair-t224404
Olympics bans swim caps preferred by Black athletes with natural hair

Swim Caps for Thick, Curly Hair Not Allowed at Olympics
https://www.voanews.com/east-asia-pacific/swim-caps-thick-curly-hair-not-allowed-olympics

Apparently the F-ing Olympic Games is not important enough to bother trimming you hair.  They must accommodate you. 
I figure this is a very small issue that someone decided to put on the internet to see if it gained interest.

Probably the company trying to drum up some business, an opportunity like this doesn't come around every year. ;)

bob