Author Topic: Just shut up  (Read 1197 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Just shut up
« on: April 08, 2021, 10:32:48 AM »
Don't question the aw-thaw-rih-tays ... or they WILL get you.

https://reason.com/2021/04/07/microaggressions-uva-student-kieran-bhattacharya-threat/

University of Virginia medical student is kicked out of school for having the temerity to question the concept of "microaggression."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JTHunter

• friends
Re: Just shut up
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 06:07:33 PM »
Maybe we should start marching with stiff legs and elevated arms.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 07:13:18 PM »
Ah, my Charlottesville.  :facepalm: Best policy is to err on the side of caution. If someone seems easily offended don’t make micro aggressions. Make macro aggressions.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 07:15:28 PM »
Ah, my Charlottesville.  :facepalm: Best policy is to err on the side of caution. If someone seems easily offended don’t make micro aggressions. Make macro aggressions.

I've po'd a lot of folks here with that MO  :laugh:
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 08:56:54 PM »
I read that article earlier today. The lawsuit is moving forward and I hope UVA gets their pee-pee slapped.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 10:04:05 PM »
I read that article earlier today. The lawsuit is moving forward and I hope UVA gets their pee-pee slapped.
More than just slapped.  Driven into the ground with a pile driver would be better.  Not likely to happen.  We will see. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 11:15:27 PM »
Maybe we should start marching with stiff legs and elevated arms.

That's their dance
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 12:17:00 AM »
That's their dance

Pretty soon they'll make us all do it. To stop covid.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 07:51:55 AM »
Pretty soon they'll make us all do it. To stop covid.
Wearing snazzy uniforms looking just fabulous.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 09:44:23 PM »
That's their dance.

Not really.  They are basically paid anarchists who are there to create terror and dissension.
And isn't that what they have been saying WE are (nazis) for the last couple of years?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”