Author Topic: Preparing For the Derek Chauvin Verdict  (Read 12414 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Preparing For the Derek Chauvin Verdict
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2021, 09:08:42 AM »
Amazon needs to be rejected also.

That is going to be a hard one for me.

Rejecting woke corporations will leave us with fewer and fewer options if we were to actually implement it as a rule of thumb for purchases.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2021, 09:29:37 AM »
Amazon needs to be rejected also.

That is going to be a hard one for me.

Rejecting woke corporations will leave us with fewer and fewer options if we were to actually implement it as a rule of thumb for purchases.
I have attempted to buy stuff from other sources besides Amazon.  I am not 100% off of that site, but I have bought a number of things elsewhere recently that I might have defaulted to Amazon a couple years ago. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2021, 09:55:37 AM »
I cancelled my Amazon Prime, but it is good through November.  All I use it for now is streaming music.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2021, 10:26:47 AM »
I cancelled my Amazon Prime, but it is good through November.  All I use it for now is streaming music.

And their streaming music has just gone way downhill, IMO. If you don't pony up for "unlimited music", the Prime music just sucks. I am constantly losing songs off my playlists on Prime, to the point it has me thinking they do it on purpose to get everyone moved to Unlimited.

Instead, I have been going retro and moving my music back to devices and software that aren't connected to and controlled by a high tech tyrant, telling me which of the music that I've purchased that I'm allowed to listen to.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

PEfarmer

• friends
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »
Annnnddd.... They've reached a verdict.  To be read within next 90 minutes.

PEfarmer

• friends
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2021, 03:42:17 PM »
Which blows away my prediction of hung jury.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2021, 03:43:40 PM »
Hold on to your ass Fred
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2021, 03:48:21 PM »
Full tank of gas: Check
Guns: Check
Ammo: Check
Hot Dogs: Check
Popcorn: Check
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2021, 03:55:39 PM »
‘Start killing all the white folks’: Ami Horowitz spoke with ‘protesters’ at the George Floyd memorial in Minneapolis and just WOW (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/20/start-killing-all-the-white-folks-ami-horowitz-spoke-with-protesters-at-the-george-floyd-memorial-in-minneapolis-and-just-wow-watch/
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2021, 04:08:13 PM »
Minnieappleless will burn tonight no matter the verdict, even if he was found guilty on every charge (not possible) and sentenced to death today they will still riot tonight.

As far as the morons calling for a new civil(race) war- I don't think they really understand the concept of "minority".
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2021, 04:34:31 PM »
‘Start killing all the white folks’: Ami Horowitz spoke with ‘protesters’ at the George Floyd memorial in Minneapolis and just WOW (watch)
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/20/start-killing-all-the-white-folks-ami-horowitz-spoke-with-protesters-at-the-george-floyd-memorial-in-minneapolis-and-just-wow-watch/
The guy is getting the responses he is asking for.  He is more or less leading them into those answers.  Beside, most of the people he was talking to would be doing any of the violence, just egging on others. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2021, 04:38:53 PM »
Live stream feeds buffering out
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #87 on: April 20, 2021, 04:44:42 PM »
Sigh

But Democrats moved quickly to table the resolution in a 216 to 210 party-line vote and avoided taking a vote directly on whether to formally reprimand the longtime California congresswoman.

Democrats block McCarthy's motion to censure Maxine Waters for 'confrontational' remarks in Minnesota
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/maxine-waters-censure-resolution-mccarthy-get-confrontational-comment
- Calvin and Hobbes

grampster

• friend
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2021, 04:57:34 PM »
It's a shame that America is getting torn apart because of a drug addicted, felonious thug who was a genuine piece of *expletive deleted*it and a police officer with a record of abusing his badge.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2021, 05:05:25 PM »
It's a high tech lynching.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2021, 05:07:38 PM »
Guilty on all counts
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2021, 05:10:15 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

PEfarmer

• friends
« Reply #92 on: April 20, 2021, 05:12:21 PM »
How is that even possible?  Murder 3 and murder 2 had mutually exclusive elements.  Abortion of justice.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2021, 05:15:27 PM »
How is that even possible?  Murder 3 and murder 2 had mutually exclusive elements.  Abortion of justice.

Jury nullification in reverse.

The good news is that several politicians, especially Maxine Waters, have kindly provided Mr. Chauvin a handy basis for an appeal.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »
Let the celebratory looting begin
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2021, 05:38:30 PM »
Minnieappleless will burn tonight no matter the verdict, even if he was found guilty on every charge (not possible) and sentenced to death today they will still riot tonight.

Remind me not to hire you as a legal analyst ...

Actually, in a sane world you would have been correct. Each charge has a very specific definition, and the three crimes described are mutually exclusive. Theoretically, it should indeed have been impossible to convict on all three charges. So, as has been stated, this verdict is nothing but a legalized lynching. The potential bright side is that, in addition to Maxine Waters having potentially tainted the jury with her inflammatory remarks, this seemingly impossible verdict should provide more substance for an appeal.

Speaking for myself only, I didn't like anything I read about Chauvin but, after reading the basis for each of the three charges, the only one I could have voted for would have been the manslaughter charge.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2021, 05:44:54 PM »
He hasn't escaped prosecution by the feds yet.  He could get life for that.  (technically he could get the death penalty but that's almost impossible)

The appeal will be interesting.  At least some of the charges will be overturned and then Minneapolis will burn again -- if there's anything left to burn.
"It's good, though..."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2021, 06:03:18 PM »
Remind me not to hire you as a legal analyst ...

Actually, in a sane world you would have been correct. Each charge has a very specific definition, and the three crimes described are mutually exclusive. Theoretically, it should indeed have been impossible to convict on all three charges. So, as has been stated, this verdict is nothing but a legalized lynching. The potential bright side is that, in addition to Maxine Waters having potentially tainted the jury with her inflammatory remarks, this seemingly impossible verdict should provide more substance for an appeal.

Speaking for myself only, I didn't like anything I read about Chauvin but, after reading the basis for each of the three charges, the only one I could have voted for would have been the manslaughter charge.

Were I on the jury I might well have supported the manslaughter charge. I was under the apparently mistaken assumption the the murder charges were an either/or kind of deal. I'll await analyses from the legal front for more edification. 
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2021, 06:20:40 PM »
Lets see how long Maxine can keep big mouth shut. Bet she feels emboldened by the dems circling the wagons around her.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2021, 06:26:03 PM »

Alex Moe
@AlexNBCNews
.@SpeakerPelosi speaking at presser with CBC: Thank you George Floyd for sacrificing your life for justice...Because of you and because of thousands, millions of people around the world who came out for justice, your name will always be synonymous for justice.
5:27 PM · Apr 20, 2021
https://twitter.com/AlexNBCNews/status/1384619869119918083?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1384619869119918083%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fbrettt-3136%2F2021%2F04%2F20%2Fspeaker-nancy-pelosi-thanks-george-floyd-for-sacrificing-his-life-for-justice%2F

:facepalm:
- Calvin and Hobbes