Author Topic: Preparing For the Derek Chauvin Verdict  (Read 12160 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Preparing For the Derek Chauvin Verdict
« on: April 10, 2021, 05:23:01 PM »
I thought that this was a cogent tweet by Scott Adams:

Scott Adams
@ScottAdamsSays
I call on our national leaders to START NOW to persuade the public against staging violent protests after the Floyd trial verdict.

If our leaders stay silent, they will all have blood on their hands.

@POTUS

@KamalaHarris

@SpeakerPelosi

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/10/scott-adams-wants-national-leaders-to-call-for-calm-now-in-preparation-for-the-derek-chauvin-verdict/

I'm betting that whatever the verdict, to include life in prison, it will not be "good enough" for the usual demographics, and rioting will ensue.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Preparing For the Derek Chauvin Verdict
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 05:25:12 PM »
Can't let a "good" excuse to loot go to waste. You picked out a big screen TV yet?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 05:27:54 PM »
If he got the death penalty (MN doesn't have the death penalty) there would be riots of joy; they look just like protest riots.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 05:35:11 PM »
If he got the death penalty (MN doesn't have the death penalty) there would be riots of joy; they look just like protest riots.

Good point.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 05:39:52 PM »
93% peaceful riots
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2021, 10:24:08 PM »

Of course.  You don't expect the rats to not take the opportunity to create more fear and mayhem, do you?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2021, 11:14:43 AM »
I'm following the case and even before the defense has made its case, it's becoming clear that Chauvin is not guilty.

The press of course isn't reporting that, so the furor will be monumental IF the jury comes back with a just verdict.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2021, 11:35:48 AM »
I'm following the case and even before the defense has made its case, it's becoming clear that Chauvin is not guilty.

The press of course isn't reporting that, so the furor will be monumental IF the jury comes back with a just verdict.

The media play by play got a lot quieter around the cross examinations.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2021, 01:14:17 PM »

The amusing part is it has become clear he is not guilty and that is while the defense has not even made their case yet, just done cross examinations. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2021, 07:11:13 PM »
I feel sorry for the jurors.  They are all probably in fear of their lives.  I predict a guilty verdict for that reason.  Evidence won't matter...only the threat of violence against the jurors. 
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2021, 07:30:39 PM »
I feel sorry for the jurors.  They are all probably in fear of their lives.  I predict a guilty verdict for that reason.  Evidence won't matter...only the threat of violence against the jurors.

Yeah, that too. I had read they were keeping the jurors anonymous, but someone in the msm was trying to find out who they were. Journalism.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 08:34:36 PM »
Yeah, that too. I had read they were keeping the jurors anonymous, but someone in the msm was trying to find out who they were. Journalism.

The New York Times tried hard to find out who they are.

It's going to be a riot, doesn't matter the outcome. Just look at Portland last night. What it's not in the news?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2021, 09:16:50 PM »
Since there will be riots regardless, might as well hope for a just verdict. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2021, 08:37:55 AM »
Ought to be quite the fire since the usual suspects are already mostly peacefully protesting another one shot by cop nearby.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 09:26:42 AM »
Ought to be quite the fire since the usual suspects are already mostly peacefully protesting another one shot by cop nearby.

Is there anything left to burn?

edited for dumbness.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 01:15:01 PM by Fly320s »
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2021, 12:42:52 PM »
I'm going to riot either way.

But only after I get home from work, change into my lounging clothes, have a snack and rest a bit.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2021, 10:42:29 PM »
Events like this certainly do not help ease the tension. 

Daunte Wright shooting bodycam - police breakdown
https://youtu.be/wm5SMurcZtM
Daunte Wright, 20, was shot after the officer meant to use a Taser, but mistakenly drew her gun instead, Chief Tim Gannon told reporters.
Mr Wright's death has sparked protests and a curfew has been declared.
Tensions in nearby Minneapolis are high as the trial of an ex-officer accused of killing George Floyd

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2021, 10:53:28 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2021, 12:43:26 PM »
Watched a ten minute podcast of Stefan Molyneux talking about the recent shooting where the cop shot the perp with her gun instead of the taser. His comments were about the states escalation in the use of force when being resisted, although he acknowledges the officer inadvertently grabbed the wrong weapon in this case.

His point was resisting the state always results in the state escalating their use of force, even up to the point of killing the one resisting. Whenever we advocate for a law, we must consider that ultimately it is backed up by deadly use of force.

Pretty ABC libertarian philosophy, but still a sobering reminder of how much trouble we are in with the permanent leftist government mopping up and taking over complete control of the federal government.

Regarding the OP, this event is gasoline poured all around a powder keg set to go off.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 01:02:44 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2021, 01:10:13 PM »
She can't be serious? Oh wait, it's Rashida Tlaib, she is.

Rashida Tlaib
@RashidaTlaib
It wasn't an accident. Policing in our country is inherently & intentionally racist.

Daunte Wright was met with aggression & violence. I am done with those who condone government funded murder.

No more policing, incarceration, and militarization. It can't be reformed.
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/13/tko-dana-loesch-has-just-four-little-words-for-rashida-tlaib-calling-for-an-end-to-policing-and-theyre-painfully-perfect/
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2021, 01:49:41 PM »
I can get my Warlord title back!

=D   [ar15]

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2021, 01:57:28 PM »
From the comments:  "Defund the Capitol Police"

Excellent idea.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2021, 03:59:36 PM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2021, 04:37:01 PM »
For lack of any other discussion...https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/13/brooklyn-center-mayor-doesnt-believe-police-necessarily-need-a-weapon-every-time-they-make-a-traffic-stop/

Wait for the sound of the entire department leaving in 3...2...1

Oooh, they could change their uniforms to something like this too:

Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2021, 04:56:11 PM »
For lack of any other discussion...https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/13/brooklyn-center-mayor-doesnt-believe-police-necessarily-need-a-weapon-every-time-they-make-a-traffic-stop/

Wait for the sound of the entire department leaving in 3...2...1
Just mount a belt fed machine gun on each police car doing traffic stops.  Anyone causes any trouble or attempts to flee, the car gets hosed down.  That way the officer doesn't need to have a weapon on him.  This idea works just as well as that Mayor's idea, maybe better. 

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-mexico-police-officer-fatally-shot-in-the-head-during-routine-stop-in-february-video-shows
This was linked in that link above.  Has video of a New Mexico officer getting shot then the shoot out killing the guy who did it.