Author Topic: Preparing For the Derek Chauvin Verdict  (Read 12173 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Preparing For the Derek Chauvin Verdict
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 08:55:12 PM »
She can't be serious? Oh wait, it's Rashida Tlaib, she is.
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/13/tko-dana-loesch-has-just-four-little-words-for-rashida-tlaib-calling-for-an-end-to-policing-and-theyre-painfully-perfect/

I’m in support of this. Then we can start hanging thieves and woodchippering pedos without anybody to save them.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2021, 10:55:04 AM »
On the lady officer who shot the driver in Minnesota, has anyone heard how much experience she had?  I heard she had 20+ years as an officer, but I was curious how much patrol experience she had? (or how recent).  I imagine some of those departments are short handed these days, but that may not be relevant in this case. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2021, 11:31:57 AM »
On the lady officer who shot the driver in Minnesota, has anyone heard how much experience she had?  I heard she had 20+ years as an officer, but I was curious how much patrol experience she had? (or how recent).  I imagine some of those departments are short handed these days, but that may not be relevant in this case.

Quick Google Shows that she had 26 years at the same department.  She was a FTO at the time of the traffic stop, previous president of the union, she and other officers received a Medal of Merit for their response in a house fire.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2021, 12:42:52 PM »
There have been other incidents of officers grabbing the service pistol when they intended to use the Taser. The one in the California subway station a couple of years ago was the most highly publicized but there have been others. I thought after that California incident it had become S.O.P. for cops to always wear the Taser on the weak-hand side to avoid this type of incident, but I guess that department didn't get the memo.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2021, 02:04:54 PM »
There have been other incidents of officers grabbing the service pistol when they intended to use the Taser. The one in the California subway station a couple of years ago was the most highly publicized but there have been others. I thought after that California incident it had become S.O.P. for cops to always wear the Taser on the weak-hand side to avoid this type of incident, but I guess that department didn't get the memo.

I heard an audio clip from the previous chief stating that Taser's were worn on the weak side.

Video of incident:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AP5maXmAwc  You can see the one officer has the taser to the weak side.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2021, 02:46:03 PM »
FWIW: https://archive.fo/0BJsb

The lady cop is being charged with second degree manslaughter
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2021, 03:08:24 PM »

In the meantime, we don't even know this guy's name, but he's off the hook:

The U.S. Capitol Police officer who shot dead an Air Force veteran during the tumultuous events on Jan. 6 will not be charged, the Department of Justice (DOJ) announced Wednesday.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia and the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division decided jointly not to pursue charges against the officer.

The decision came after a “thorough investigation” into the shooting of Ashli Babbitt, a 35-year-old who joined others in storming the U.S. Capitol in Washington during a joint session of Congress in January. Babbitt was shot while trying to climb through a broken window into the Speaker’s Lobby, adjacent to the House chamber.

“Officials examined video footage posted on social media, statements from the officer involved and other officers and witnesses to the events, physical evidence from the scene of the shooting, and the results of an autopsy,” the DOJ said in a statement.

“Based on that investigation, officials determined that there is insufficient evidence to support a criminal prosecution.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/no-charges-against-officer-who-shot-ashli-babbitt-doj_3776023.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2021, 04:48:58 PM »

https://www.theepochtimes.com/no-charges-against-officer-who-shot-ashli-babbitt-doj_3776023.html

No charges??  Time to riot!!

... oh wait, never mind.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2021, 07:32:44 PM »

Heading to Target to get my big screen TV for justice. Think there will be a crowd?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2021, 07:43:55 PM »

"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2021, 08:21:20 PM »

Here is the video.

I had to watch it several times as I never did hear the shot, saw a muzzle flash or recoil.

Maybe they edited the kill shot out? Doesn't seem like a gap is there though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVH6q0ul72A

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2021, 08:47:32 PM »
Currently live

Officer Charged, Demonstrations Continue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4TxRwLtUAg
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2021, 10:01:01 PM »

Weaponized autism FTW.

The Chans abide.

"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2021, 02:32:58 PM »
At this moment I think it's 50/50 whether Chauvin walks. His defense hasn't been as tight as say, George Zimmerman. But i'm also not following as close.

We might get looting even if he's convicted on Manslaughter, *just because*
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2021, 03:17:17 PM »
At this moment I think it's 50/50 whether Chauvin walks. His defense hasn't been as tight as say, George Zimmerman. But i'm also not following as close.

Legal Insurrection has had some really good analysis.

https://legalinsurrection.com/author/law-of-self-defense/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2021, 03:29:58 PM »

I think we're going to get looting no matter the verdict even if 1st degree murder and the chair "just because"
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 03:46:26 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2021, 04:59:42 PM »
I think we're going to get looting no matter the verdict even if 1st degree murder and the chair "just because"
Yep.  And either now or pretty quick, all the professional rioters and activists are in town.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2021, 05:05:58 PM »
Yep.  And either now or pretty quick, all the professional rioters and activists are in town.

Hearing ANTIFA is in town in force.
Also hearing them and BLM are not getting along so this could be a very interesting next week or month or whatever
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2021, 08:00:38 PM »
If it is a mistrial it will be looting for sure. but it will be mostly nonpeaceful.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2021, 09:15:04 PM »
Hearing ANTIFA is in town in force.
Also hearing them and BLM are not getting along so this could be a very interesting next week or month or whatever

I'd like nothing more than to see the residents go Northfield MN vs the James-Younger gang on the lot of them.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2021, 09:35:28 PM »
And to add to the mess

In several fateful seconds, video appears to show 13-year-old Adam Toledo toss gun, turn with empty hands raised before Chicago cop fires fatal shot (warning: graphic content)
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-chicago-police-adam-toledo-shooting-video-released-20210415-xn63playebasld36oulootdq6i-story.html#nt=pf-double%20chain~top-news-chain-1~flex%20feature~curated~toledo-video-thu-230p~XN63PLAYEBASLD36OULOOTDQ6I~1~1~1~4~art%20yes

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot warns Chicagoans to brace themselves for footage of 13-year-old being shot by police
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/15/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-warns-chicagoans-to-brace-themselves-for-footage-of-13-year-old-being-shot-by-police/

Hold on to your a** Fred
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2021, 07:38:15 AM »
And to add to the mess

In several fateful seconds, video appears to show 13-year-old Adam Toledo toss gun, turn with empty hands raised before Chicago cop fires fatal shot (warning: graphic content)
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/breaking/ct-chicago-police-adam-toledo-shooting-video-released-20210415-xn63playebasld36oulootdq6i-story.html#nt=pf-double%20chain~top-news-chain-1~flex%20feature~curated~toledo-video-thu-230p~XN63PLAYEBASLD36OULOOTDQ6I~1~1~1~4~art%20yes

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot warns Chicagoans to brace themselves for footage of 13-year-old being shot by police
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/15/chicago-mayor-lori-lightfoot-warns-chicagoans-to-brace-themselves-for-footage-of-13-year-old-being-shot-by-police/

Hold on to your a** Fred
There was an interview with the former Police Chief of Chicago, he pointed out that according to the time stamps in the video that the dropping of the gun and his turning happened in under 1 second before the officer fired.

2:30 am, police respond to "shots fired", have to chase two suspects one of whom has a gun in his hand, within literally a split second the cop had to make a choice as the suspect stops and turns around.

Good shoot in my book.

You don't get the benefit of the doubt if you are armed, running away from the cops down a dark alley at 2:30 in the morning after a "shots fired" police response.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2021, 08:15:16 AM »
You don't get the benefit of the doubt if you are armed, running away from the cops down a dark alley at 2:30 in the morning after a "shots fired" police response.

Yeah, the Mayor and others are treating him like an innocent angel. He and his friend were involved in criminal activity involving firearms. You can also about see the smart ass "I'm getting away with it" expression on his face in the video.

"We" did not fail Adam Toledo (as said by Lightfoot). Adam Toledo's parents failed him, and Adam Toledo failed himself.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2021, 10:04:37 AM »
Yeah, the Mayor and others are treating him like an innocent angel. He and his friend were involved in criminal activity involving firearms. You can also about see the smart ass "I'm getting away with it" expression on his face in the video.

"We" did not fail Adam Toledo (as said by Lightfoot). Adam Toledo's parents failed him, and Adam Toledo failed himself.
He would have been out of jail on a no cash bail bond within a day or two.