Author Topic: Preparing For the Derek Chauvin Verdict  (Read 12162 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Preparing For the Derek Chauvin Verdict
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2021, 10:10:19 AM »
I saw a meme this morning:  "Use promo code "BLM" to receive a 100% discount at Nike."

I am sure it is at select locations only.   :laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2021, 10:51:51 AM »
7 Ways The World Would Be Better Without Police
https://babylonbee.com/news/7-ways-the-world-would-be-better-without-police
I edited out comments so there is a little more at the link.
1. There would be more doughnuts available for the rest of us
2. Vigilante justice is way more fun
3. With speed limits not enforced, you can finally test the limits of your 2013 Honda Odyssey
4. There would be much more liberation of TVs from Walmart
5. Unlimited loitering outside 7-Eleven
6. You can yell in the library now
7. All problems in the black community will go away
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2021, 10:44:14 AM »
Maxine Waters is helping out. Trump never did anything even within 1000 miles of this regarding 06JAN, and they wanted him destroyed. This is A-OK I guess.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/18/so-we-impeach-her-now-right-maxine-waters-chauvin-comments-while-marching-in-brooklyn-center-sound-a-lot-like-inciting-violence-watch/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2021, 10:52:56 AM »
Maxine Waters is helping out. Trump never did anything even within 1000 miles of this regarding 06JAN, and they wanted him destroyed. This is A-OK I guess.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/18/so-we-impeach-her-now-right-maxine-waters-chauvin-comments-while-marching-in-brooklyn-center-sound-a-lot-like-inciting-violence-watch/
There is no hypocrisy.

We are not a nation of law(s).

In actuality, we probably haven't been in our lifetimes.

Like Trump intimated, it's all just a show, a con, a grift.

Fake.

It's just more obvious now.

You can prosper by playing along with the lie.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2021, 11:00:59 AM »
Burn
Loot
Murder
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2021, 02:29:19 PM »
https://www.twincities.com/2021/04/18/national-guard-security-team-target-of-drive-by-shooting-early-sunday/

Man, if I was a Guardsman activated for that I would be seriously reconsidering my life choices.  That is a no win situation, you just know mission command and the ROE is *expletive deleted*ed, and it's a law enforcement problem, not a military one.  Outside of actual MP's I don't know many folks who joined the Army to be cops.

*expletive deleted*ck that mission.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2021, 07:01:06 PM »
Man, if I was a Guardsman activated for that I would be seriously reconsidering my life choices.  That is a no win situation, you just know mission command and the ROE is *expletive deleted*ed, and it's a law enforcement problem, not a military one.  Outside of actual MP's I don't know many folks who joined the Army to be cops.

*expletive deleted*ck that mission.
Minnesota National Guard, Police Team Targeted In Drive-By Shooting Hours After Maxine Waters Incites BLM Protesters
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/get-more-confrontational-maxine-waters-crosses-state-lines-incite-blm-protesters

Republican Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has announced that she will soon introduce a resolution to expel Democratic California Rep. Maxine Waters from Congress.
https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-introducing-resolution-expel-rep-maxine-waters-congress-1584532
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2021, 09:57:57 PM »

Republican Georgia Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has announced that she will soon introduce a resolution to expel Democratic California Rep. Maxine Waters from Congress.
https://www.newsweek.com/marjorie-taylor-greene-introducing-resolution-expel-rep-maxine-waters-congress-1584532

Waters screaming racism and the MSM and dems backing her up in 10,9,8,7.......
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2021, 10:19:56 PM »
Waters screaming racism and the MSM and dems backing her up in 10,9,8,7.......

That..thing.. needs to go away.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2021, 03:45:29 PM »
CBS News is already knocking on the doors of Chauvin jurors.

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/04/19/are-you-trying-to-get-someone-killed-cbs-news-has-decided-that-the-public-should-know-where-one-of-derek-chauvin-trial-jurors-lives-video/

I'll tell you this: I have always though of jury duty as a civic duty, however if I am ever asked to be a juror on a high profile case like this one, I'm lying through my teeth to get out of it. Ben is not spending the rest of his life looking over his shoulder for someone trying to get "payback" for him voting "the wrong way".

The link has a comment mentioning that the jurors' info is public record. I do not know if that is true or not, but in this day and age, I would not be opposed to some type of enhanced juror identity protection.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2021, 04:00:27 PM »
Pretty sure they asked the judge to sequester and protect the identities of the jurors and the judge rejected the request.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2021, 04:02:49 PM »
What would be the penalties of refusing to participate as a juror in such a politically charged case where the safety and privacy of the jurors is not projected.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2021, 04:05:10 PM »
There was also this:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chauvin-defense-witness-former-home-vandalized-with-pigs-head-blood-smears

You can't even be a witness without fear for your life. Or in this case, because the witness hadn't lived at the address for several years, an innocent family being harmed or killed.

I also saw the former boss of the witness ( a cop) threw him under the PC bus.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2021, 04:17:30 PM »
https://www.npr.org/2021/04/19/988685389/attorney-for-adam-toledos-family-adam-died-because-he-complied?utm_campaign=npr&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR2S3Gf_llaEOaZqSLQHROn_EBNSBIKkEzYnRPMkJEIgw_Y4AEHj9jaJzIA

'Adam died because he complied' will be repeated to the civil jury over and over again to encourage a large civil verdict.  It will rank right up there with 'if the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit'.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2021, 05:50:33 PM »
They're setting the stage for flat out open warfare. I don't think they're going to like the results if they push it to that.

V. James
@GamerElefent
BLM Activist: “I support the looting of  Dollar tree. I support the looting of Advanced auto parts. I support all that *expletive deleted*it... Because blk people could loot every store in this *expletive deleted*in’ country for 200 years and it would not even come close to what America owes us.”
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/19/activist-says-blacks-could-loot-every-store-in-the-country-for-200-years-and-it-wouldnt-pay-back-the-debt-owed/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2021, 05:58:48 PM »
It's called innocent until proven guilty you booger eating moron

Another cable news legal analyst says it’s ‘a tell’ that Derek Chauvin’s attorneys are going on about ‘proof beyond a reasonable doubt’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/04/19/another-cable-news-legal-analyst-says-its-a-tell-that-derek-chauvins-attorneys-are-going-on-about-proof-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt/
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 10:41:16 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2021, 06:01:53 PM »
Chauvin is on trial for 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder, and manslaughter?  How does that work?  Three charges for one crime?
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2021, 06:15:14 PM »
Chauvin is on trial for 2nd degree murder, 3rd degree murder, and manslaughter?  How does that work?  Three charges for one crime?

If he's found guilty of 3rd degree murder but not 2nd degree, that conviction will be overturned on appeal because whether he's guilty or not it doesn't fit the legal definition.  I'm expecting a conviction for Murder 3 and a rather harsh sentence for that crime (perhaps due to some enhancement or another), and it all get's thrown out and he walks.  I think that was the whole point of adding murder 3 to the list of charges, to give the jury what looks like a compromise.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 06:38:12 PM by zxcvbob »
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2021, 06:19:16 PM »

It's to give the jury a choice. If they don't think he's guilty of 2nd degree murder (which he certainly isn't, if you read the law), then they can consider third degree murder. If they don't think he's guilty of 3rd degree murder, they can still convict him of manslaughter.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2021, 07:13:17 PM »
I'll tell you this: I have always though of jury duty as a civic duty, however if I am ever asked to be a juror on a high profile case like this one, I'm lying through my teeth to get out of it. Ben is not spending the rest of his life looking over his shoulder for someone trying to get "payback" for him voting "the wrong way".

Then who takes your place? Will they be as fair and as committed to justice as you are? Will they be one of the collaborationist, commie pukes that buys into the anti-police narrative? Will they be a well-meaning American, but unlike you, can be duped or intimidated into voting the wrong way on the jury?

It's no picnic, I know, but we need people like you on our juries, especially for cases like this.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2021, 07:44:58 PM »
It's to give the jury a choice. If they don't think he's guilty of 2nd degree murder (which he certainly isn't, if you read the law), then they can consider third degree murder. If they don't think he's guilty of 3rd degree murder, they can still convict him of manslaughter.

Each charge has a specific legal definition.  It’s not like you can say, well, he has to be convicted of something, and 2nd degree murder doesn’t fit, and manslaughter doesn’t fit, so we’ll just go with 3rd degree murder.

It’s possible to be found guilty of any one of the 3 and not guilty of the other 2.  The 2nd degree murder charge requires a conviction on the 3rd degree assault charge though.  Because you don’t get to 2nd degree murder without an underlying felony in MN law.  So if the assault charge is tossed (either because Chauvins conduct didn’t rise to that level, or is considered protected from charge because he was a cop), the 2nd degree murder charge has to go with it.  3rd degree murder in MN is basically “depraved heart” murder.  Fire your gun into a crowd and kill someone at random kind of thing.  It is not for conduct directed at a specific individual.  Hence why it was originally stripped from the list of charges.  Why the judge reinstated it is beyond me.

2nd degree manslaughter is probably the best bet for a conviction, but still pretty shaky.  That relies on the defendant intentionally creating an unreasonable risk of death.  In essence, this is the “but for” explanation of the prosecution.  “But for Chauvin’s restraint of Floyd he would have survived.”  The defense for this is basically “but for Floyd’s extreme fentanyl intoxication and cardiovascular disease, and delay in arrival of paramedics due to the hostile crowd, he would have survived Chauvin’s restraint.”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2021, 08:42:34 AM »
I guess here is as good of place as any for this one. I see this "Seventh Generation" crap hawked all over Amazon. They are apparently super woke (and super overpriced). This is one of their statements on the trial and wokeness in general:

We continue to face deep racial inequity in our society as Derek Chauvin’s trial comes to a close for the murder of George Floyd. And as more Black & Brown lives continue to be lost at the hands of the police, including Daunte Wright, Adam Toledo and the countless unnamed. (1/4)

Adam Toledo is a "person of color" now.

https://twitchy.com/brads-313037/2021/04/20/this-company-works-harder-at-social-signaling-than-making-a-good-product/

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2021, 08:55:06 AM »
I guess here is as good of place as any for this one. I see this "Seventh Generation" crap hawked all over Amazon. They are apparently super woke (and super overpriced). This is one of their statements on the trial and wokeness in general:

Adam Toledo is a "person of color" now.

https://twitchy.com/brads-313037/2021/04/20/this-company-works-harder-at-social-signaling-than-making-a-good-product/

My wife likes that brand.  She likes all of those "natural" cleaning products.  We won't be supporting their wokeness anymore.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?