Author Topic: Preparing For the Derek Chauvin Verdict  (Read 12389 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Preparing For the Derek Chauvin Verdict
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2021, 10:20:03 AM »
I picked the wrong week to stop stiffing glue
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2021, 10:22:26 AM »
Anyone want to bet the murder rate in the USA continues to spiral upwards, with police refusing to confront criminals?

We're seriously heading into Mad Max (as in, the first Mad Max movie) territory on this stuff.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Pb

• friend
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2021, 10:23:23 AM »
Are we now suppose to issue patents based on race????

Yes.  Yes of course.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2021, 10:23:44 AM »
We're seriously heading into Mad Max (as in, the first Mad Max movie) territory on this stuff.

I think we're skipping the first and going straight into the second
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2021, 12:04:16 PM »
Dragging his now ex-wife into this

Who is Derek Chauvin’s beauty queen ex-wife Kellie and where is she now? | New York Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F80OqjDXcqg
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 12:25:22 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2021, 12:19:28 PM »
Dragging his now ex-wife into this

Who is Derek Chauvin’s beauty queen ex-wife Kellie and where is she now? | New York Post
https://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php#c1

She's hiding on APS?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #131 on: April 21, 2021, 12:25:07 PM »
She's hiding on APS?

Peril of having multiple tabs open is that I will sometimes select the wrong one to copy and paste from. Fixed

- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #132 on: April 21, 2021, 12:42:50 PM »
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2021, 11:29:34 AM »
Someone should attach a copy of his criminal record and the medical report on his death.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2021, 11:38:41 AM »
Funny how the majority of text on the sign is dedicated to berating white people versus "honoring" Floyd.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2021, 11:48:37 AM »
Someone should attach a copy of his criminal record and the medical report on his death.

That would be racist.

:P
                         - Barack Obama

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2021, 10:34:30 PM »

Especially when "Mad Max" is already out there telling people to be more "confrontational".  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2021, 12:34:22 AM »
https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-george-floyd-square-special-instructions-white-people

Cool. Why am I not surprised?

Since Floyd’s death, the area has been converted into an "autonomous zone" that’s brought record levels of violent crime and gun violence to the neighborhood.

Concrete barricades set up by Minneapolis last year to protect demonstrations from traffic now act as the barriers to an "autonomous zone" co-opted by armed individuals declaring law enforcement unwelcome, as gang activity, drug dealing and gun violence have disrupted local business operations.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2021, 12:52:04 AM »
The judicial process is too far gone that a couple honest folks participating will help.  *expletive deleted*ck 'em. Stay far, far away.   FWIW, I came to this conclusion back around Zimmerman's trial.  Trials are just public spectacles for the mob now, and I'll not risk being caught in that circus.

Don't jury decisions require unanimity to convict? Don't they need every juror to agree on a guilty verdict?

Granted, it's Joe Biden's un-America, so maybe they'll find some way around that. Still, until that happens, isn't a jury, so far, still a place where one person really can make a difference?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2021, 01:16:23 AM »
If the rest of the jury says they know who you are and are going to come to your house and make sure you decide the "right way". What are you going to do?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2021, 01:38:43 AM »
Don't jury decisions require unanimity to convict? Don't they need every juror to agree on a guilty verdict?

Granted, it's Joe Biden's un-America, so maybe they'll find some way around that. Still, until that happens, isn't a jury, so far, still a place where one person really can make a difference?

No.  If the mob has decided to destroy someone in one of these media show trials a single juror can force a mistrial by throwing themselves on the pyre, but that is a difference without a distinction.  You would sacrifice your happiness and ability to live peacefully (and perhaps even live) and the state will just try them again with a new set of suckers that have the correct script.  On the off chance that you are an amazing orator, and talk the other 11 into joining you in martyrdom an acquittal in a trial like this just means that the "innocent" party can flee to some sparsely habited corner of the county and cower until one of the mob recognizes and attacks (or doxes) them.

Once the Twitter mob has decided that any particular case and trial is their meal du jour, justice as an outcome has left the building and the only sane thing to do is stay as far away as possible.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2021, 10:13:48 AM »
Lou Raguse
@LouRaguse
I just had a fascinating sit-down interview with one of the alternate jurors in the Derek Chauvin trial.

Lisa Christensen was the juror who lived in Brooklyn Center. One night she could hardly make it home after testimony ended because of protesters blocking intersections.
Daniel Horowitz
@RMConservative
One juror: "I did not want to go through rioting and destruction again and I was concerned about people coming to my house if they were not happy with the verdict."
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/23/i-was-concerned-they-would-come-to-my-house-thread-covering-sit-down-interview-with-alternate-juror-in-chauvin-trial-incredibly-damning/
- Calvin and Hobbes

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2021, 12:46:44 PM »
^^^ Appeals court will overturn the verdict on that statement alone.  Or, at least if rule of law is even given so much a pretend moment of being in effect.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2021, 12:55:01 PM »
^^^ Appeals court will overturn the verdict on that statement alone.  Or, at least if rule of law is even given so much a pretend moment of being in effect.

And if they do overturn it, people will be coming to her home for saying that. They might come to her home regardless for saying that.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2021, 01:20:25 AM »
If the rest of the jury says they know who you are and are going to come to your house and make sure you decide the "right way". What are you going to do?

I know what I ought to do. So do you - the right thing, and damn the consequences. We know that's the correct answer. We're just trying to convince ourselves it's OK to fold. Not just here, but all over the country. It's disturbing.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2021, 01:26:59 AM »
I'm not folding, I'm refusing to participate in a rigged game. 

THAT'S the correct thing to do.  Refuse to lend any sense of credibility to mob driven spectacles.  Remember, we are talking specifically about a high profile racially charged trial "like this one".  The mob has learned it's OK to eat dissenters, just don't participate.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2021, 08:01:20 AM »

THAT'S the correct thing to do.  Refuse to lend any sense of credibility to mob driven spectacles.  Remember, we are talking specifically about a high profile racially charged trial "like this one".  The mob has learned it's OK to eat dissenters, just don't participate.

Sad but true statement.

Time to stop pretending that there is any legitimacy in our institutions.

I'm not sure what that looks like in practice but opting out of the matrix of lies wherever possible is a good start.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2021, 09:51:03 AM »

Exactly the kind of rationalization I was talking about. This has nothing to do with whether or not we dignify the proceedings with our vaunted presence.

We complain it's a rigged, illegitimate proceedings, yet if handed the opportunity to veto the result with a single vote, we won't do it. This about having the chance to defend the rule of law in this country by a single vote.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2021, 09:54:37 AM »
Exactly the kind of rationalization I was talking about. This has nothing to do with whether or not we dignify the proceedings with our vaunted presence.

We complain it's a rigged, illegitimate proceedings, yet if handed the opportunity to veto the result with a single vote, we won't do it. This about having the chance to defend the rule of law in this country by a single vote.

That's not how it works.  A single vote doesn't veto *expletive deleted*it.  It just causes a mistrial, the state runs it again and gets the verdict they were looking for, and you get doxxed, lose your job, and put your family in danger for......nothing.  A single vote doesn't uphold the rule of law, it makes you a nail to be hammered down.

Are you under the impression that a single juror refusing to convict means an acquittal?