Author Topic: DARPA to the rescue!  (Read 1257 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
DARPA to the rescue!
« on: April 12, 2021, 10:07:38 AM »
Pentagon scientists working inside a secretive unit set up at the height of the Cold War have created a microchip to be inserted under the skin, which will detect COVID-19 infection, and a revolutionary filter that can remove the virus from the blood when attached to a dialysis machine.

The team at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) have been working for years on preventing and ending pandemics.

They assess the issues and come up with ingenious solutions, which at times appear more from a science fiction novel than a working laboratory.

One of their recent inventions, they told 60 Minutes on Sunday night, was a microchip which detects COVID infection in an individual before it can become an outbreak. 

Who needs a vaccine? Just get "chipped" like a pet and it's all good  :laugh:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9460389/Pentagon-scientists-invent-microchip-senses-COVID-19-body-symptoms.html
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: DARPA to the rescue!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 11:08:48 AM »
I'm gonna have to go with "no" on that one hoss.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 11:47:11 AM »
I, for one, welcome our cyborg overlords! :old: [tinfoil]
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 12:05:21 PM »
Resistance is futile
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 12:40:51 PM »
Because of my lifestyle I'm usually full of chips, what's one more?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 02:13:21 PM »
Because of my lifestyle I'm usually full of chips

BBQ, Sour Cream and Onion, or Plain?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2021, 02:28:23 PM »
Yes.

Also corn.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 04:19:23 PM »
I'm gonna have to go with "no" on that one hoss.

Yea, that is a hard pass for me as well.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 04:22:32 PM »
BBQ, Sour Cream and Onion, or Plain?

Mostly plain for me, but I enjoy the BBQ chips on occasion. Can't stand sour cream & onion chips.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 05:59:08 PM »
Really, at this point, I think they are just trolling the rightwing.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 08:21:00 AM »
Really, at this point, I think they are just trolling the rightwing.

Ya think?

Look who's put in our faces all the time.  Pete Buttigeg, with his sentimental attachment to airport bathrooms, as Sec. Transportation.  The pervy old guy with the Goldilocks hair.  And  the "We Burn Babies" guy for ATF head.  It just seems like s deliberate affront.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 08:34:11 AM »
And if you don’t comply with the vaccine they can send the Boston dynamics robots out to round you up.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 09:17:14 AM »
Ya think?

Look who's put in our faces all the time.  Pete Buttigeg, with his sentimental attachment to airport bathrooms, as Sec. Transportation.  The pervy old guy with the Goldilocks hair.  And  the "We Burn Babies" guy for ATF head.  It just seems like s deliberate affront.

What do you suppose they would be doing differently if they were actually trying to start a civil war?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 10:02:48 AM »
What do you suppose they would be doing differently if they were actually trying to start a civil war?

What if a war was declared and everyone decided not to show up?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 10:56:31 AM »

Well that would be rude.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 03:43:35 PM »

Russians tried that in the 20's and the Jews tried it in the 30's.  How did either of those end?