Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Just ordered a vegetable spiralizer...

(1/3) > >>

K Frame:
to make "zoodles" and the like.

Ought to be interesting.

A few months ago I had a lasagna that was based on spiralized zucchini, and it was quite good. I tend to eat a fair amount of whole grain pasta during the week (quick and easy dinners) so I'm figuring that this will be another way to remove calories and increase veggies in my diet.

zxcvbob:
Good luck with that; keep us posted on how it works.  I like spaghetti squash as a vegetable but think it sucks as a pasta substitute; maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

My brother, who's lost close to 100 pounds the last 2 years, uses a lot of legume-based pastas.  Some of it's pretty good.  I bought a big bag of chickpea flour to try making my own to see if I can do it (also the ready-made stuff is expensive) but I've been too busy.

K Frame:
I really like chickpea pasta. Has a nutty flavor that really works well. It helps that I absolutely love chickpeas in any form.

Larry Ashcraft:
Wife and DIL have been making zoodles for a couple years, and last week they got a new spiralizer (I don't know how they did them before).  I like them, and I'm not on a diet.

RocketMan:
My wife has one of those things and she makes some good stuff with zucchini noodles.  Often it's spaghetti with zucchini noodles instead of pasta noodles, and it's very good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version