Author Topic: Paging Ben to the white (or red?) courtesy phone  (Read 747 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Paging Ben to the white (or red?) courtesy phone
« on: April 14, 2021, 04:10:01 PM »
Is this for real? Are people in your part of Idaho talking about it?

https://www.newser.com/story/304896/greater-idaho-plan-would-make-it-3rd-biggest-state.html
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Paging Ben to the white (or red?) courtesy phone
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 04:46:32 PM »
I think Ben just wants his own private Idaho.
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

PEfarmer

• friends
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 05:06:39 PM »
As desirable as it might be for the acquired territory, it'll never happen.  Oregon will never in a million years give up the chance to dictate to those poor red county bastards.  And since OR is so monumentally politically one sided by population, they won't see an upside in terms of ridding themselves of some nasty conservative voters.  They don't need to.  This way, the urbanites can retain their rural playgrounds and don't need to worry about the voters.  Speaking for myself, if it did happen, I'd be left behind in the occupied territory, and without the (minimal) influence of the red counties.  What a disaster that'd be.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 08:31:35 PM »
It looks like they left out Eastern WA so it would never work.

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 09:49:25 PM »
I think we'd welcome the OR counties involved, but as mentioned, too many forces out there would keep it from happening.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 10:13:36 PM »
I think we'd welcome the OR counties involved, but as mentioned, too many forces out there would keep it from happening.

I think we're getting closer than ever to it being a question of will and arms. 

With a useless Federal gov,  who knows?  Maybe the parties involved do their thing and present a fait accompli and tell the coast to go get *expletive deleted*ed.  They can't (or won't) stop Communists from burning down their strongholds,  can't see them finding the stones to tell the counties "no".

For the record,  I'm an accelerationist.  I don't think there's a peaceful fix for any of this.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.