Author Topic: FEMA Covid-19 Funeral Assistance  (Read 743 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
FEMA Covid-19 Funeral Assistance
« on: April 16, 2021, 12:19:40 PM »
You can't make this up.  FEMA is not offering COVID-19 Funeral Assistance payments, which is part of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.  They will cover up to $9,000 in funeral expenses if the death was COVID-19 related.

https://www.fema.gov/disasters/coronavirus/economic/funeral-assistance#
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: FEMA Covid-19 Funeral Assistance
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 01:29:01 PM »
FEMA is providing financial assistance for COVID-19 related funeral expenses incurred after January 20, 2020.

So it looks like the .gov is saying the Covid was here earlier than they said in the past? At least before it was declared a pandemic.

To me this is a flagrant waste of money and extremely ripe for fraud, as is most government money giveaways.

bob

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 02:23:23 PM »
So it looks like the .gov is saying the Covid was here earlier than they said in the past? At least before it was declared a pandemic.

To me this is a flagrant waste of money and extremely ripe for fraud, as is most government money giveaways.

bob

It isn't even means tested, just a straight up oh that's your cost...okay here is your money.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 03:56:49 PM »
I mentioned in the covid thread that I saw this notice posted this week at the cemetery where I was making arrangements for my dad. Started the day Biden was sworn in. There were a bunch of people ahead of me in line and snippets of conversations I picked up made it sound like people could get the solid gold caskets. I don't know how much percentage-wise FEMA is paying, but I'm pretty sure people are taking advantage of it. 

If people are just submitting $9K invoices to FEMA and getting fully reimbursed, that's a pretty nice funeral.   
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 04:03:50 PM »
Seems to me that they've created a financial incentive to list the CCP virus as cause of death no matter WHAT killed the individual, and thereby inflate the numbers.

. . . Started the day Biden was sworn in . . .

Nope - nothing political here, no reason to pump up CCP virus death rates. Move along and shut up . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TechMan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 04:16:46 PM »
I mentioned in the covid thread that I saw this notice posted this week at the cemetery where I was making arrangements for my dad. Started the day Biden was sworn in. There were a bunch of people ahead of me in line and snippets of conversations I picked up made it sound like people could get the solid gold caskets. I don't know how much percentage-wise FEMA is paying, but I'm pretty sure people are taking advantage of it. 

If people are just submitting $9K invoices to FEMA and getting fully reimbursed, that's a pretty nice funeral.

Paying up to $9,000, but any prepaid funeral is not elegible.

This assistance is limited to a maximum financial amount of $9,000 per funeral and a maximum of $35,500 per application. 

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 04:32:14 PM »
Grandma dies slip the medical examiners $500. King flu on the death certificates. Have the funeral man bill the max, cremate them in the cheapest way possible and split the profits. No, there is no way people would be that low. Now consider I know a racetrack that does a kids night. They give away several hundred bikes. They are Walmart bikes but new and free. The parents return the bikes to Walmart to get money.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.