Author Topic: "Do You Know Who I Am?"  (Read 643 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"Do You Know Who I Am?"
« on: April 26, 2021, 09:22:21 AM »
My favorite videos involving interactions with cops are the, "Do you know who I am?" videos.

This is a MI legislator who claimed "Gretchen will get you". This article doesn't say it, but another one I read said that paramedics had to deal with him and his vomiting female passenger, who both had their pants down when they were pulled over.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan-dem-lawmaker-resisting-dui-arrest-threatens-to-call-gov-whitmer
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: "Do You Know Who I Am?"
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 09:30:54 AM »
Arrogant ass, hope they throw the the book at him but I'm sure he'll get off on some made up technicality and the media will bury it like a cat does a turd. 
Noticed one of the charges is "weapons possession" for the Glock they found in the glove box. Is that considered an illegal concealed weapon in MI? Wonder what his stand on gun control has been?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 09:54:15 AM »
I actually had someone ask me that once when I was working the counter at the gun shop and some jackwad didn't like having to show ID to get his gun back...

My boss was NOT happy with the answer I gave the guy -- Don't know, don't really care, so I still need your ID.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 10:10:50 AM »
WLJ:
"Noticed one of the charges is "weapons possession" for the Glock they found in the glove box. Is that considered an illegal concealed weapon in MI? Wonder what his stand on gun control has been?"

Weapons possession could mean a lot of things, including violations of magazine capacity, possession by a prohibited person, HP ammo in a restrictive State, blsaah blah blah.

For the most part, when the PD passes info to the press, it's couched in the most unfavorable terms.  "Arsenal" for two guns, "Ammo cache" for a brick and a half of .22, and if it's two full bricks plus one round, it's "thousands of rounds of ammunition."

I'm only half kidding, of course.

I don't know about there, but here (CO), for the most part, one's vehicle is considered part of one's home.

Terry, 230RN

REF (More or less related, legal, complex, info):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtilage

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 10:21:45 AM »
WLJ:
"Noticed one of the charges is "weapons possession" for the Glock they found in the glove box. Is that considered an illegal concealed weapon in MI? Wonder what his stand on gun control has been?"

Weapons possession could mean a lot of things, including violations of magazine capacity, possession by a prohibited person, HP ammo in a restrictive State, blsaah blah blah.

Does MI have any of those?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 10:24:12 AM »
https://okeefelaw.net/gun-crimes/loaded-firearm-car/

It sounds like MI is pretty restrictive on car carry unless you have a CPL.  If you do, it would seem concealed in a glove box is probably OK.  The article does not mention the Rep as a CPL holder but does say he is a reserve LEO in some town or another.

I couldn't easily google weather or not the Reserve LEO status conferred any privileges.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 10:30:05 AM »
I actually had someone ask me that once when I was working the counter at the gun shop and some jackwad didn't like having to show ID to get his gun back...

My boss was NOT happy with the answer I gave the guy -- Don't know, don't really care, so I still need your ID.
Just tell him the guy that came by yesterday to pick it up wouldn't show his ID either.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2021, 10:47:12 AM »
All he has to do is say "the cop said ______" and that will be the narrative despite what the video shows. All charges will be dropped, the police dept will issue an apology, the officers involved fired, Biden will give a speech, and he'll be on Oprah by Friday.

Yes I've gotten a bit cynical on matters like this lately
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2021, 10:54:26 AM »
Obviously will be the vice presidential candidate when Kamala runs... Or takes over.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2021, 11:04:08 AM »
I used that line once  :police:

I had some low life neighbors across the street from me, obviously dealing drugs out of the place, a lot of traffic. Dad, kids (20's) and whoever was flopping there at any given time lived in the two bed apt. Cops and EMT's were there regularly between the kids, visitors and the Dad being disabled, sick etc.

My girlfriend unfortunately backed into one of their cars once and no amount of de-escalation was working to stop him from screaming at her. So I escalated (nothing physical) and the dude ran into the house and called the cops on me (my girlfriend already called on the accident).

Much to my surprise they showed up and I was their first and primary focus, not the accident!

After explaining how it went down they were still being jerks, so I blurted out "Do you know who I am?". They both looked at me and said no. I then asked do you know who the guy in the apt is? They said they know exactly who he is.

I then pointed out that I have lived in that same house for 20 years and they have no idea who I am, yet the young punk who has been in town for a month is their "buddy" already. Who is out of line and who is telling the truth?

edited to add: I think they were being big jerks to me to see if I'd get riled up and lose my temper.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2021, 11:31:27 AM »
I was once in an airport and, due to mechanical problems, had to move to another plane at a different gate. I happened to be one of the first ones there lined up by the gate agent to check in again, with a line behind me. As the gate agent greeted me and reached for my ticket, a guy in an expensive suit and haircut tried to elbow his way in front of me.

I elbowed him back - hard - and told him to get in line. He glared at me and loudly said "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?! DO YOU?!?!

The gate agent picked up the PA and said "Ladies and gentlemen, there's a fellow in a gray pinstripe suit here who's forgotten who he is - can anyone help identify him?"  :rofl:

The look on the suit's face was priceless - and just about everyone else in the front part of the line started telling him to get in line and wait his turn. Mr. Expensive Suit growled "This isn't over" and stomped off in high dudgeon.

I told the gate agent "That was great - you won't get in trouble, will you?" She said "No - someone like him comes by every couple of weeks. We deal with them the same way."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2021, 01:16:27 PM »
"I elbowed him back - hard - and told him to get in line. He glared at me and loudly said "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!?! DO YOU?!?!"

Read one of those Facebook lists of travel woes that had a story like that. Person's reaponse was "Well, you're flying commercial like the rest of us so you're obviously not anyone special!"  :rofl: :rofl:

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2021, 07:31:49 PM »
The subject politician in the OP is a gun control advocate. I hope they *expletive deleted*ck him like he would want anybody else *expletive deleted*ed over for having a gun.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2021, 12:59:14 AM »
I'm always a little embarrassed when I walk into my bank and they all  greet me with "Hello, Mr. Twothirtyaren."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2021, 08:19:40 AM »
About 30 years ago, I got in a wreck... Guy came across the center, trying to squeeze a turn, and I had about 30 yards to slam the brakes. If that.

So, he's standing there yelling at me. And yelling. And a cop rolls up. The guy yells at the cop some. Cop finally turns to me, and says "So, hey, Chuck... How's your mother?"

The look on the guy's face was priceless.
Blog under construction